Rally - The Grim Reaper- Monday 15th & Tuesday 16th August 2011

Congratulations to Sebastien, again the champ showed why he is the best, judging his speed vs control to perfection. :pray:
Well done to Nigel too, only 3 of us managing to avoid the Grim Reaper.

Nice to see Ian stealing a couple of Stage wins from Seb too, that doesn't happen often. :thumb:

This Rally was a sea of RED INK, but not really a surprise. A couple of Stages were dastardly, and that tyre bug has caused it's share of problems in the Finland Stage. I'll ask the RallyeSim guys if they can fix that one. :frown:

Thanks to Senad for the speedy results, and thanks to all who joined this survival test, we have a lot of masochists here. :thanks:

Special thanks to Norman, your cute avatar hides an evil streak, but this was a good rally concept. :thanks:

Welcome to Paul, Jani, Olli, Erik, and Teemu, all making their debut in the Rally Club. You sure picked a difficult challenge for your first Club outing, they won't come much tougher than this one. :welcome:

Norman has proposed a couple of other Rally ideas too, but they are not evil this time. Look out for them in the near future.

One question for Eckhart (and anyone else who had the greyed out Tyre selection before hitting the Go button).

Do you have Automatic Tyre Selection activated in your RSCenter settings? :confused::confused:

Mine is set to Automatic, and I was given the wrong tyres by default, but I was able to change it to Snow Tyres before hitting Go.

well well didn`t expect to get a 3rd place on this rally, i hate realistic damadge so did virtual zero practice and took the easy option with the 09 Focus using 1 of my 08 setups and just drove to preserve the car and get a feel of it on the bad sufaces. though i had killed the car at Bisanne when i slid of into the trees, but after a cfh enigne box and rad was ok, but car felt like i had buckled both front wheels and it was rocking from side to side, felt more like coco the clowns car than a rally car lol.

got to eager at Sikakama and rolled it at the 2nd turn, had to cfh to get back on track, managed to do a practice run for ss7 on the wrong stage and my setup was pants on tarmac so drove that and the final 2 like an old granny.

grats to Seb for an awsome drive with some amazing times and also to Warren another of his trade mark consistant drives to take home some silverware :D

huge thanks for setting it up and fast results, fingers crossed for a more humane rally next week :cool:

One question for Eckhart (and anyone else who had the greyed out Tyre selection before hitting the Go button).

Do you have Automatic Tyre Selection activated in your RSCenter settings? :confused::confused:

Mine is set to Automatic, and I was given the wrong tyres by default, but I was able to change it to Snow Tyres before hitting Go.

i thought it was a bad idea to have it on auto select?

i always manual select my boots :D

Well, a total lack of practice on all stages resulting in the totally wrong choice of tyres for Pribram & Mlynky R made my top ten finish all the more impressive. The lack of use of these WRC cars for us more inexperienced drivers means that the top flight drivers will always have a distinct advantage, so again, I was really well pleased with my finish.

I really wasn't looking forward to this event but it turned out to be quite an enjoyable challenge - congrats to the podium finishers and to the organizers and results team putting on this event.

Can I ask for a point of clarification, can I ask for an additional earlier start session for these club rallies ??

Pete

Can I ask for a point of clarification, can I ask for an additional earlier start session for these club rallies ??

Pete, we are always open to requests for additional Start times whenever anyone requests it for an event. Just ask on your sign-up and nominate when you want it.

The only restriction for Club Events is that it must be on a Monday or Tuesday.

Mine too to Automatic. Had the greyed out tyres...
Still can't figure out how it came like that, never having it seen before.
What i knew was that i could kill RScenter and restart it to continue, and then it should be gone. But my timeframe was less then half a minute so i would miss the stage anyway if i did that. Next time i'll pay close attention every time i just finish a stage.

Yeah man, congrats to top three!

Actually i was thinking while doing the rally that if we had a winner who had alot of the fastest times too,
that guy should start real world rallying very soon! Because that's quite the toughest rally ever done imo...

Actually i was thinking while doing the rally that if we had a winner who had alot of the fastest times too,
that guy should start real world rallying very soon! Because that's quite the toughest rally ever done imo...

We have often suspected that Seb Levret is really Sebastien Loeb in disguise, but he wont admit it, lol. :tongue: :D:D

I did, but tires could not be changed, were in light grey and no menu opened. that is even more frustrating than simply forgetting.

I think that I have an idea why your menu was in light grey. During the last event, my game load the stage but crash and return back to my desktop with the RSRBR. I was able to reload the stage but the tires couldn't be modified. Do you have the same issue ?

When I said that you can shut down your PC or the RSRBR when you want, maybe if you have launched one time the stage with a type of tires you can no more change it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 328 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%