Rally - The Grim Reaper- Monday 15th & Tuesday 16th August 2011

Wow, that was a very tough Rally, I could even say it was..... err...... GRIM.

It felt like the Grim Reaper was wielding his scythe at my car all the time, trying to kill it.
I took things very carefully for SS01 and avoided trouble.
Unfortunately, that led me to start Noiker too confidently, and clipped a tree at high speed up the long opening hill, spinning me way off into the jungle. Somehow I managed to navigate back onto the road and the car continued on (this Suby was tougher than I expected). I spun off into the jungle again later, but somehow missed hitting anything substantial (maybe this was my lucky night). Unbelieveably, I made it to the finish.
Pribram should have killed me. I hit something on the edge of the road (but it seemed invisible), and spun off with quite a bang, disappearing into the canefields. I had no idea where the track was, so tried a CFH but the car must have been still moving and it didn't work. So I drove off aimlessly through the thick canefields, and lo and behold, I found the road again. However, my steering was awfully bent, resulting in hitting the fence entering the town section. Again, I somehow miraculously finished the Stage, but lost heaps of time.

From then on, I was super careful, and stayed out of trouble.
The Bisanne Stage was super difficult, it was a case of tapping the throttle gently on those downhill sections towards the end, and tippy toeing past those log fences.

So, in the end, I finished each Stage, but I think I was the only one in the OC Session who did.

Thanks to Jeremy for the TS chatting, and to the other brave souls joining the OC Session with us.

Thanks to Norman "Grim" Biscuit for this dastardly event, surely our toughest challenge so far. :wink:

ss1 hit a marshall
ss2 hit a tree with rear end, did a 360 and kept going
ss3 bent the suspension early causing me to hit a bystander later then eventually hit a log pile near the end of the stage which gave me a dnf
ss4 clean and slow
ss5 see stage 4
ss6 was going well until i killed the car with 1k to go
ss7 going well again then took to the woods with .3k to go. cfh and made it to the finish
ss8 again see stage 4

deadly fun. Thanks to all. JP, thanks for sticking this one out.

Rally results

Overall Rally Results

Congrats Sebastien, Warren and Nigel :trophy:

Stage wins:
Sebastien Levret: 6 stage wins :star::star::star::star::star::star:
Ian Bundell: 2 stage wins :star::star:

Thanks to everyone who joined, and thanks to Warren for setting it up. :rally:

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Wow only 3 drivers without retired, and it is the podium. This rally was very hard.
(btw in the SS2, does 12:25 min means a retired ?)

As we can see, Bisanne was a disaster for the cars.

Congrats to the podium and to everybody because it was difficult !

Not stupid at all: it happened before I hit Go, as for closing down the centre: I did not dare do it, rather forfeit one stage than be thrown out of the whole event. Can one actually refresh while participating online? I doubt.

You can close RSCenter and reload it. You will make the next stage you have not done yet (if the elapsed time is not finished of course). One time, my game crashed when I was in the game menu (screen freeze). I reset my PC, I reload the RSCenter and I can click again on the "GO" button to do the stage. I didn't know that until the first game crash, I try it because I have nothing to loose and I saw that I can finish the rally.

In the RSCenter you can see the schedule of the rally and the time of each stage departure, until this time, you can do what you want, close the game, shut down the PC, you only need to lauch the stage until the countdown is ended. Try it with a rally test.

Sad you didn't know that Eckhart, because during the RSCenter loading time, you saw the wrong tyres selection. If the time was enough to reset your PC, you will be able to do it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back