Rally - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Monday 9th & Tuesday 10th July 2012

arrived as they were staging for SS01 but when I hit go I realized I was in the wrong car so I went out to correct it. It put me in SS02 so I ended the game. Any chance of getting a run in the US session? If not i can try for the USX but doubt I can make that one. Sorry to be a problem

Pretty much how I expected. Messed up tire choices, a few mistakes. If I'm up then and allowed to, may I drive the US session just so I can try to get more accustomed to the whole process?

And the pacenotes on the last stage were a bit shifty...

Oh I don't care about times or results. =) Just want to see it through with proper tires! Noiker sent me off on the first bump cause I forgot to doublecheck tires, sent me into a tree and the stage was over after 20s.

My rally:
SS1: Good start. The car feels really nice to drive.and faster than it looks like!
SS2: Took it easy in the fog. No risks.
SS3: Same mistake as I have done before on this stage. Ignored the warning in the 5th or 6 th corner or something. Crashed into a tree and the engine wouldnt start again.
SS4: Engine workning great again. Nice and clean stage.
SS5: Surprised by the good grip. Could have done a much better time if I had seen the stage in this condition before. But I am not much into training...
SS6: Spun off the road in one of the last hairpins. Broke the radiator and lost 15-20 sec. Luckily there is a service before next stage.
SS7: Ok
SS8: Nice stage but i made a lot of mistakes. Broke the radiator right in the beginning and after 7 minutes driving I couldnt continue. Second retirement.
Thanks to the organizers.

eastwood.jpg

The Good drew the gun real fast in the first 4 stages and hits the targets, The Bad gets the shot faster in SS05, The Good hits back on SS06 but The Bad drew faster in SS07. And finally in the last long standoff, The Good drew the gun at a lightning speed hitting everyone at the same time :D

Troy Ament - tromoly - USX or US, don't know which yet - Skoda Fabia.

Yeah, ran once through Mont Herman, hit a tree at about 3/4 through, and decided to sign up, with next to no practice. Should be fun :)

Well that was a waste. RSRBR crashed four times, causing me to re-run Fraiser Wells, Noiker, and Joux Verte twice. And on Mont Herman, first turn ran wide, took 30 seconds of stalling the engine to get back on track, one minute later wasn't having fun anymore so quit.

Yeah that was properly close! I wonder what time you would have done on the last stage

Funny that I managed to hit the wooden barrier pretty hard in the SS6 as well as the engine stopped before last hairpin and I went into those trees. Without that maybe I could have been 0.06s ahead you :p

No idea about the last stage though. Havent been driving it before. Just once when the BTB tracks was sending me those alien signals, with multi-colored lines all over the screen.. I think this was the same track :p

Very good batle with Warren on OC session,tnx ;) ,so close times in every stage,I was pushing to the limit :),just in last stage two times went off the road (so long and intresting stage).

Yep, that was great fun and a great close battle with Gundars all the way. Actually Gundars had a slight edge over me in most stages, setting some very nice times, especially in the USA Stages. I never feel confident in those stages and wasn't game to push as hard as Gundars.
It was only the final stage, the huge torture test climbing Mont Herman, that I was able to close the gap and pass Gundars. Great driving mate. :thumbsup:
Those pacenotes were awefully tricky on SS08, it was sooo easy to think you could brake much later after the very early calls, but then it would throw in a late call for a tight turn and cause you to run off the road. :( I ran off a couple of times but it was luckily at spots where I didn't hit anything.

I found the "ugly" Lada ok to drive, the default setup seemed pretty stable. Pity about the look and sound of the Russian beauty queen though.

Thanks to Gundas, Keegan, and Mike for the company in OC tonight. :)

How thick can I be? We are working on the living room in my house, and all the internet-related connecting devices have been moved and relocated. But the wire for the gaming-computer is not long enough to reach the router...
And now I'm off to work. Oh, well... Next time then :)

Funny that I managed to hit the wooden barrier pretty hard in the SS6 as well as the engine stopped before last hairpin and I went into those trees. Without that maybe I could have been 0.06s ahead you :p

No idea about the last stage though. Havent been driving it before. Just once when the BTB tracks was sending me those alien signals, with multi-colored lines all over the screen.. I think this was the same track :p

Sounds like you would have been more than 0.06 seconds in front of me

Overall Rally Results

vt0Ub.jpg

HMKfJ.png

Congrats Fernando, Warren, and Magnar

Stage wins:
Fernando Agapito: 4 stage wins
Magnar Haarstadsveen: 2 stage wins
Silvio Cro: 1 stage win
Jani Nylander: 1 stage win

Thanks to everyone who joined, thanks to Warren for setting it up, and thanks to Fernando for the podium presentation.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Alright a new record for the 2012 Rally Club, 3 successive wins on 3 different car classes. Hope I could continue the winning streak now that I'm finally getting used to in all the car types :D

Congrats Warren and Magnar, congrats to Andris Laskins too for the opportunity of designing his own club rally.

Thanks all :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%
  • < 5 years