Rally - The Ashes - Mon 28th & Tues 29th June 2010

You're done already? I'm waiting for some more SS7 results :D

EDIT: rally over. Had only one stage win in the end, 5 seconds behind Robb on another.

Anyway, yeah, started well. SS1, split 1, was second fastest, but just before split 2, went wide, met some trees, lost the brakes and heaps of time. No brakes for half the stage. In an Australian rally. Fun. I think I called for help 3 or 4 times.
The rest of the Aussie stages went okayish, one stage win there.

I must say I love the UK stages, great fun. Lost the gearbox on Harwood Forest, but other than that, a nice drive.

Should be in the top 10 in the end, I hope.

Congrats Ludovic, great times on some stages.

I'm also done. 29 deg C in the room so finished as quickly as possible :eek:

Had a few moments off on stage 8 getting help to get back on road and also missed a bridge on stage 6 (?). But I managed to finish all the stages without having practised :cool:. Don't know about the standings though but that don't matter since this was so much fun. Good car to drive (Fiesta) and thanks to all for setting this up.:)

2 stage wins and some other good results, but I crashed on SS3 and that lost me 4.30, but still a fun event.

I guess I will lose my stage wins when the Oceanic guys have done their race.

The 207 was quite nice, I did some of the setup tips from the thread

Warren, these cars and stages were just brilliant. Also thanks for the Skoda tip. Don't know how the other cars handled but Fabia was very nice to me.
Did no setup and unfortunately also no practice. This resulted in an excellent Rally were there was room for hugging trees, doing some nice circus acts but also very sad story...... my condolences to one of the supporters I killed. Blood all over the car. But the others kept me on track and I could continue.

Nice atmosphere again on TS, had some good laughs and great fun. Thanks for this event guys.
See you in some weeks when I am back in town :)

great event here, too. Thx Warren for such a brilliant choice, I know we are chickening out, really, but these cars are just so much more responsive in a good natured fashion. Too bad I hit a little rock in one of the Aussie stages sending me into the trees, gearbox dead, motor dead (only thing that still worked was the ignition, lol) and lost 4.30 mins. After that a couple of really nice drives even got to the Euro-Podium once on stage6. Great time on TS and also nice to see another BlueFlagger team of three on the grid.

Thx warren and RD for setting this up, looking forward to overall results.

I love those fast UK stages, but no wet gravel. Two offs, a couple of mistakes, two murders and so I lost 2 minutes. Nice cars S2000, but I love turbo the most (N4).
Thanks guys of great fun, nice chat on TS, can't wait for next one :wink:.
My advantage over you is that I know well almost all stages, my big disadvantage is that I don't have a wheel :console:

I am having severe difficulty here. I can get the game to run OK and everything, the only stumbling block is that when I press GO on RScenter it loads RBR but it hasnt saved the changes I made to Mulligatawny (controller, audio etc), and it runs in the default resolution. My standard RBR is fine. HELP :p

Welcome Toby.

Re saving your Options, you must make the changes in the default game for the changes to be saved. You can do it two ways.
1. Launch the default game from the RBR icon on yopur desktop, make the changes there, and you will be given the option to save them.

2. Do it from RSCenter, but you must launch the Game from the "Launch RBR SSE" button. This button launches the default game but includes the car additional cars.

To change the game resolution, you must do that from the Richard Burns Rally.ini file. Open it with notepad, and change the XRes and YRes lines.

EDIT: Also, under RSCenter/Files/Settings: Did you set your Full Screen RBR 3D Ratio to be the same as your screen resolution for the game?

Just to clarify: you have to go into the Profiles menu after applying the changes and choose the "Save profile" option. Or just complete a stage and choose "Save progress", otherwise all the settings will be lost when you exit the game.

Welcome Toby.

Re saving your Options, you must make the changes in the default game for the changes to be saved. You can do it two ways.
1. Launch the default game from the RBR icon on yopur desktop, make the changes there, and you will be given the option to save them.

2. Do it from RSCenter, but you must launch the Game from the "Launch RBR SSE" button. This button launches the default game but includes the car additional cars.

To change the game resolution, you must do that from the Richard Burns Rally.ini file. Open it with notepad, and change the XRes and YRes lines.

EDIT: Also, under RSCenter/Files/Settings: Did you set your Full Screen RBR 3D Ratio to be the same as your screen resolution for the game?
Ahhhhh. No, I left it on the like basic setting, whatever that's called. So that gave me bad graphics?

I also think it was saving my settings, but I left the gearchange to automatic on the RBR2010 menu settings which confused me. :)

I'm a noob on this game so you'll have to bear with me.

The result of my rally wasn't actually too bad, I just made far too many mistakes trying to make up time. When I got a clean run it was going quite well - it's just the mistakes I made caused me to basically not do well.

yeah, also one or two of the track notes were clearly wrong, at least in the German version, indicating a slow turn where one could have taken it quicker.

What I forgot in my race report: I managed the ultimate Noob show and threw the car away twice in the finishing metres of a stage, between the last yellow timing board and the final red one. On one of these occasion I dumped it in a river for good measure, lol.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back