Rally - "The Ashes 2" - Mon 3rd & Tues 4th January 2011

Just to add; Ben got this game like a week ago and he is already faster then me:mad::wink::rolleyes: ( with no practicing ), some people just have ''it'', some don't. I obviously don,t :D. Next year comes and i wont have that much time for RBR as right now, memorizing stages wont happen for a very long time for me.

ITS ALL FUN:cool::)

Watch out for Ben guys :D, he is the next rally alien lol.

lol ssssst

I can see why people are against practise, but as Warren said, you have years of experience with the game and know where to watch out, especially in some locations where pacenotes are just wrong.

For example, I still dont know with what speed to take the jump at mineshaft? I tried it in 3rd gear, but I landed on my roof... Full speed and I land in the trees loool

And some bridge into 90-degree turn on England stages are hard, you need to brake before the bridge (could have used a caution in the pacenotes)
The jump on Noiker is dangerous, but if you stay on the left side it's not. (it's says nothing on the pacenotes about which side)

For me it would be fun to drive new, unknown stages every week, now that'll even the playing field. But yesterday I was beating Dariusz already on stages I had never driven before, so I guess sliding is a second nature to me :)

I think it is great that you guys are having so much fun with RBR, it can get addictive, can't it. :wink:

For example, I still dont know with what speed to take the jump at mineshaft? I tried it in 3rd gear, but I landed on my roof... Full speed and I land in the trees loool

No easy answer there Ben, it varies depending on the car. Did your heart skip a beat the first time you launched over it? :woot:

The jump on Noiker is dangerous, but if you stay on the left side it's not.

You are a fast learner, it has taken me nearly a year to realise that one, I discovered it about a month ago after bouncing into the trees, at full speed, so many times. :eek:

For what it's worth, I brake hard just before it, and fly for a couple of metres only. Something like Rick in this video (the black Impreza at 9:20):

There are a couple of jumps going the other way here, at 11:37.

wk44_pic1.jpg

Inspired by our new "practicing" aliens :tongue:, I forced myself to try a test run in my VW Polo at Sweet Lamb.

Actually, I really wanted to test some Camhack settings to see if it fixed my stretching issue in my videos. I also wanted to test the new native Sweet Lamb version which we will be using for the first time.

Wow!!!! This is quite a wild ride, much better than the BTB version we used previously, and watch out for the potholes and nasty bumps. :eek: The grin factor is immense here.

It's a rather untidy run, hopefully I'll clean up my act in the actual rally :rolleyes: . You'll notice that I cleaned up most of the roadside signage and objects, of course I did this just to see if they were moveable, lool. If only that was true. :redface: :D

I have it in the list under England, but RBR exits when I try to load the stage thru RSRBR2011!

EDIT: I had played it earlier, but cannot recall whether before installing which update! I loved the stage to the core when I played it for the first time! It was more like the original RBR stages, not the BTB types!

I found a long thread about Sweet Lamb over at Rallyesim:
http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6363

You should read it (may need to use google translate). A small number of people have had problems with the stage, and there seems to be a few solutions. The most effective was to reduce your game resolution. It also seems that the Gauger plug in can interfere too, I don't use it.

If none of that works for you, try posting your details at Rallyesim, they know much more about RSRBR2011 than we do.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 388 39.9%