Rally - Showtime! - Monday 5th & Tuesday 6th November 2012

Yeh, the PROTO, all the RC's and some others do have completely wrong info on the pics. The cars should be somewhat similar anyway.

That is always a problem if you rely totally on the info in those preview pics.
Whilst the info about the cars may be close to the real cars, more often you will find that RallyeSim have made the car physics (and performance) so that many of the cars in a particular class can be competitive with each other. It may be a compromise to reality, but it makes choosing different cars within a class more fair for on-line races.

In some cases however, the info is just plain wrong.

• Deleted member 950

The live boardcast killed my first 2 leg (was fine last time but not this time), the others would be facing a serious gearbox problem (at least no CFH nor retirement), at least my C2 has helped me a lot.;)

I have done first four stages and I have never done any of those tracks before. The serious lack of pacenotes during SS3 and SS4 at the beginning felt like a huge disadvantage but maybe its not that bad. Could be better if I would have cared enough to try those stages before. Also Pribam S1 and S2 ??? What the hell was that?

Thats what happened during these stages:

SS1 - Engine stopped few times at the hairpins but I dont think I lost too much time, the pacenotes helped a lot.
SS2 - At the very beginning I went to the right (if I remember correctly).. Well, it was the wrong dirrection, had to reverse back. Later on I also spun twice.
SS3 - Tarmac tyres, not sure about the choice, spun once.
SS4 - Again tarmac tyres, I think gravel tyres would have been so much better here. Spun twice, also had my first serious crash. Engine stopped once as well.
SS5 - ..Tarmac tyres where it most definately should have been gravel tyres.. Lots of spins and stuff like that, plenty time lost
SS6 - Same thing that happened to me during previous club rally at Limbo, after pressing "GO" in the RS Center it opened the game window but I didnt even got till the place where I can start the stage or tune my car. The only way out was ALT+F4 :mad:
SS7 - Fun, spun once but otherwise I think it was good for the first time.
SS8 - I thought there should be pacenotes but nooo :p Spun 3 times, rolled the car over 2 or 3 times, it was awful. At least didnt had to call for help or retire.

Fun rally, loved the fact that from 8 stages I have never ever done any of them before. It was all new. I would love to have that kind of rally again just with real stages (not rallycross one) and with pacenotes, then it would be really fun. If not that stupid error thing or whatever that was which brought me to 1 retirement I would be pretty happy about my result even though I had so many spins and stuff like that :)

Thanks Ole for this rally, it was fun.

Overall Rally Results

Lkux1.jpg

nmYO6.png

Congrats Fernando, Manuel and Robert

Stage wins:
Fernando Agapito: 6 stage wins
Manuel Samaniego: 2 stage wins

Thanks to everyone who joined, thanks to Roy and Ole for setting it up, and thanks to Fernando for the podium presentation.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Here's a couple stage on Tarmac and Gravel (the game won't load the stage for the saved BTB replay so I just drove it again). Showtime on how it's done :).

Thanks Roy and Ole for punishing us again with an extreme event :p, I hope we could slow down a bit on the next rallys :D.

Thanks! nice event :) I'm not a fan of Superspecials or Rallycross tracks but this event turned out to be very fun in the little FWD Polo. Looking forward to more nice events like this, well done very nice 1st Rally :)

Awesome to see this many in a rally, that wasn't really a rally! :)

It isn't very likely to be much rallycross tracks in the future. But as a long time RX fanboy, I just had to take the chance to make the rally when I could! I'm a big fan of hillclimb, and short stages, but it won't be anywhere the main part of my rallies in the future. My big show-rally dream became a reality! :)

Thanks again for participating :)

Cool, my first podium :) Quite surprised by that, I thought it'd be a lot closer because of the short stages. Well done to Fernando and Manuel also. I wanted to use a FWD car but really struggled with lift-off oversteer, so opted for the safety of 4WD instead lol. The RX stages were quite fun, though I do prefer the traditional point to point stages myself, especially SS8 that was cool without the pacenotes. Thanks for the rally!

Also, I know I'm new here, but was wondering if there's any possibility of running an extra OC session on Monday evenings, approx 09:00 GMT (20:00 PM EDST) until the next RDRC season starts anyway. I'm about to start softball on Tues nights (commited earlier in the year) but I really don't want to stop racing RBR with you guys since I just started. Cheers for your time, Rob.

Also, I know I'm new here, but was wondering if there's any possibility of running an extra OC session on Monday evenings, approx09:00 GMT (20:00 PM EDST) until the next RDRC season starts anyway. I'm about to start softball on Tues nights (commited earlier in the year) but I really don't want to stop racing RBR with you guys since I just started. Cheers for your time, Rob.

Just remember to ask for it in the sign up post - and it will be created by me or Roy :)

Just remember to ask for it in the sign up post - and it will be created by me or Roy :)

EUX wasnt a real session from what I can remember.. Until someone got sick of guys (including me) requesting that session over and over again and just added it as a standard. I actually also would prefer a session at 9:00 GMT during mondays than the tuesday OC session. If Europeans can have 2 sessions, why Oceanians (lol) couldnt? And Im saying that being Europian myself :p :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.2%