Rally - Say what? - Mon 8th & Tue 9th 2014

Roy Magnes

Gentleman Driver
Premium
This is a very improvised post to tell you that since we've postponed the RDRC event, I'll throw together a club rally when I get home from work monday evening.
The usual sessions will be created, so you may sign up in the usual way.

Screen-Shot-2013-11-28-at-17.36.29-680x300.png

Sessions: RD What EUX / RD What EU / RD What US / RD What OC​
Car Pack: Not specified / Free for all
Damage: Reduced

SS01: England - Rally School - Gravel - Dry - Day
SS02: USA - Hualapai Nation 2 - Dry - Day
SS03: Australia - East West 2 - Gravel - Dry - Day
SS04: World Stages - Gran Canaria - Gravel - Dry - Day
SS05: Czech Republic - Stryckovy-Zadni - Tarmac - Dry - Day
SS06: France - Puy du Lac - Tarmac - Dry -Day
SS07: World Stages - Sorica - Tarmac - Dry - Day

EUX Start: 17:00 GMT Monday *
Europe Start: 20:00 GMT Monday *
US Start: 03:00 GMT Tuesday (10PM Eastern (USA), 8PM Mountain Time, Monday) *
Oceania Start: 08:30 GMT Tuesday (8:30 PM EDST) *

All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can run as many sessions you like. However, only the first you did reach split 1 on one of the stages will count!

RALLY NOTES:
· Please sign up in the following format: RD Name - RSRBR2014 Name - Session.
· Click here to read the password!
· You will require the RSRBR 2014 mod, with Update 06 to be able to race!
· Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.
· Take a screenshot of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
· You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
· If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines and links to help you get up and running: Here

Last edited:
The three first sessions have been created. I see that I need to renew my membership at Rallyesim, that is the ones I'm limited to at the moment...
I'll kick up the last session when the first one is done.

I have not specified any cars, leet's have a free for all rally before we start the 2015-testing :)

So that was interesting.

I think I will be making a video on the new NGP stuff soon as it's a real eye opener.

Nothing really to take from the first few stages. I was well out of it for Rally School. Hualapai Nation II has pace notes written by some sort of blind sadist and I went off more times than I care to mention and I babied the car through East West II because it makes me sad inside and all the walls are now on the outside rather than the inside so having rally ending crashes is far easier.

Gran Canaria is where things felt like they were coming together. The NGP cars really do handle more realistically. With the normal physics I always felt there was too much grip and complex but mostly unpredictable suspension movement. Now Gran Canaria is silly wide for a rally stage and you can drive just about as fast as you want anywhere but it was good for learning about the 4WD physics set which until just now I had not driven for more than say a stage or two as I have mostly focused on the RWD cars to now. I learnt that you needed to brake earlier and really press the issue to get some oversteer as the 4WD system understeers quite a lot under power in the lower speed corners.

The Czech stage was eye opening. Starting off basically as S3 of Pribram minus the Satan barrels it then opens up in to high speed bumpy tarmac sections. This kind of surface (i.e. high grip bumpy) with the previous iteration of the physics you would just have to slow down on as the car would never react the same way twice over a bump at say any more than 120 kph. Now it was still twitchy but the car was absorbing the bumps WAY more naturally and the feel back through the wheel seems vastly improved for situations such as this one was. I drove as fast as I felt I could stay on track with and for the most part that worked out.

Puy Du Lac was very similar to the previous stage in terms of the predictable handling and outright pace you could carry over uneven ground compared to the normal physics cars. Unfortunately my game crashed post stage and so I had to have it registered as a DNF. When I rejoined I was given the option to do the Czech stage again which I let alone. Unfortunately it left me with a time followed by retired (as though I had restarted mid-stage) I figured it would do this once it ticked over and got a screen shot before hand so no suspicions arise :
d45296807b94b6dad3b8f48e6d14ea08.png

Sorica was going really well but I made a driver error early on. Again just going deeper on the brakes than the NGP cars can really manage and ending up with a very dead DS3. So that DNF was actually all me being stupid.

The new physics are going to be a real challenge for everyone to adapt to as pretty much everything learnt to now about RBR will change overnight with the 2015 version being released soon.

To briefly summarize the changes that I noticed today and last week with the 911 RSR:

- Cars are slower and have less braking power and grip meaning you have to act way in advance to when you used to.

- Pace notes can no longer be assigned to 100% 3rd or 4th gear etc... you have to treat it as an estimate for how tight a corner will be and react as you go through it as the cars seem more sensitive to camber and surface differences.

- You can have more taps and knocks. For one reason or another the NGP cars in their current state can take a beating before they quit out.

- Using the handbrake now requires a very different set of brake, clutch and throttle inputs to effectively use.

Like I say I feel as though an informative video is in order with some more testing before I head home for christmas. Might happen, then again it might not.

See you all on the stages soon.

- Oscar.

Keegan Buckley - kbuckley - OC

Sounds like fun to me, i'm IN!
Keen to be back after a few weeks off with work/personal commitments sucking up a lot of my time... Hopefully get in a few more skids before the new year!

The session is there, but we moved the starting time an hour earlier a few weeks ago. I guess that might have caught you out here?
I can set up another session for you if you like, just give me a starting-time :)

I checked the starting times in the first post many times - 8:30pm AEDST is 5:30pm my time (09:30GMT), was the session actually set to start at 08:30GMT?

Either way, I'll take you up on that offer. is 12:30GMT okay?

Last edited:
Absolutely, OCX created at 12:30 GMT today.
(I am confusing myself more than ever with the times nowadays. When the session starts at 08:30 GMT, does that mean that it is starting 08:30 pm AESDT or 07:30 pm AESDT? I suspect I've corrected one of the starting times but not the other one...)

08:30 GMT is 7:30pm AEDST. 4:30pm for me. After daylight saving time ends, 08:30 GMT will become 6:30pm AEST, and will stay as 4:30pm for me. I think the mistake made in the top post was keeping the Oceania time the same, instead of changing it to 7:30.

Either way, thank you for creating the extra session. :)

As for now not....
but they got the latest NGP version for 2015.

maybe RSRBR mod stay not the only one with NGP support in near future.....

Lamda

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing