Rally - Russian Roulette - Mon 5th & Tues 6th December 2011

LOL, finished last stage after 20 metres. Hit a parked car at full throttle in 5th gear :D

Anyway, EU guys, please make sure you join EU, and not EUX, helps with sorting the results properly.

Confused over the timezones. When I logged in I was thrown into SS5. So I have only driven SS5 - SS8.
Is in possible to drive the first 4 stages in another session? I think I can make it tomorrow at the EUY. GMT 17.00. (Should be 18.00 CET, I suppose)

Confused over the timezones. When I logged in I was thrown into SS5. So I have only driven SS5 - SS8.
Is in possible to drive the first 4 stages in another session? I think I can make it tomorrow at the EUY. GMT 17.00. (Should be 18.00 CET, I suppose)

Sigh, as I said above,

Anyway, EU guys, please make sure you join EU, and not EUX, helps with sorting the results properly.

Sure, drive in EUY tomorrow, but please try to join the correct session next time.

Senad is a God tonight. Driving in a EUZ (or something) made 21:00 GMT - thanks! :D

Ole Marius Myrvold - Ole Myrvold - EUZ or EUOle, or what Senad decided (maybe EUIamfedupofmakingnewstartsallthefreakingtime)

I did a lot of mistakes tonight + I was slow in general. But it was nice and challengeing. (and for a first event I think it's fine:))
SS2 I hit a spectator.
SS5 I rolled the car over, started in the wrong direction, had to turn around
SS6 hit a log at the beginning of the stage, then rolled it over somewhere in the middle, heavy damage, but finished.
SS7 first I spun at one of the hairpins, had to reverse as a tree blocked the way, then stuck in the snow a bit, again reverse, finally I hit the wooden fence in one of the corners and had to retire.
SS8 hit the same wooden fence, but this time I could continue. But my car was steam powered afterwards:D

The car won't take the place of my favourite Hyundai, but I'll look into the setup if I can make it better next time. It's a Lada, it should be possible to set it up to my liking:)

Ended up with another EUY :)

SS1: Hate that stage, made a mistake, and hit a tree, destroyed the rad. and something in the steering. Made it hard to drive like I wanted, also hit 3 more trees. Guess I lost 35-45 sec there.

SS2: Almost as perfect as it can be! :D

SS3: That I finished this stage, is nothing but a miracle! WoW. I think I was in every ditch that was on this stage. Only got one CfH as well. Have no idea how much I lost... 1 min ? 45 sec? :p

SS4: Never heard of the stage, think I drove in the last season, but, can't remember a metre. Oh well, 45seconds to make the two first corners, then 2 and a half minute after 1.6km :p Not a good stage, but was fun!

SS5: Oh well, the notes came way earlier than usual :p Struggled a bit, hit some photographers that was on the stage (I mean, almost on the road) and rolled over the finish line.

SS6: Strange how it is, the GB stages are either very good, or bad. This was bad. Broke the gearbox completely. It didn't get stuck in one gear, I had no gears!

SS7: Tried tarmac tyres... well, that didn't work out.

SS8: LOL! Was thinking: "Last time on this stage I crashed in the first corner! Don't do the same now". Well I didn't. Second corner though...

Well, Thanks to Senad that made this session for me, pity I couldn't use it well.

Guys, i couldn't run today, could you make a session at 19 GMT tuesday please? :)

sorry to bother but it's too confusing to adjust times for me, missed the start by an hour and couldn't do the US session because i didn't have enough time.

Maybe it would be better to use the french hour that Rallyesim uses for these events :D

Guys, i couldn't run today, could you make a session at 19 GMT tuesday please? :)

sorry to bother but it's too confusing to adjust times for me, missed the start by an hour and couldn't do the US session because i didn't have enough time.

Maybe it would be better to use the french hour that Rallyesim uses for these events :D

New Session EUZ added, starting at 19:00 GMT Tuesday, subject to Senad's approval.

All RD Events are listed in GMT to be consistent with every other RD Event held. There are plenty of Timezone converters available to help people get the correct time.
I use this one:
http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

No matter which timezone we use, people still need to convert it to their local time.

lol, woke up at 10:30 GMT and thought I have good 15 minutes before the start, so I went in and.... "Start SS-7".. lol, that was kinda shock to me, to be honest. I didnt intend to sleep so long though, so its all my fault of course. Crashed SS-7 and SS-8 anyways, first time with this car in a long period of time (last time it was the S2000 event when I took Lada). And also Monte Carlo mod for me was something completely new :p

Hopefully where will be something more exotic at next club rally :)

That was plenty of fun tonight. Unfortunately I made a mess of a couple of stages, including a DNF on the last one.
Was having a nice battle with Gundars, although he was generally about 5secs per Stage quicker than me. I pegged back about 12 secs in Stage 7, so thought I might be able to catch him on Stage 8. All was going fine until the late fast turn where I drifted a touch wide and slid the tail onto the wooden fence, which immediately killed the car. Oops!!! :oops:

I also managed to put a wheel over the edge of the bridge at Falstone II, which rolled the car, but I was able to land back on the wheels and reverse out onto the road again.

I thought the Lada drove quite nicely though, and seems to be pretty powerful for a S2000 car. Not the prettiest though. :eek:

Thanks to Keegs for the TS chatting, dunno where you went at the end though. :confused:
Thanks also to Gundars for the nice close battle (until Stage 8) , well driven mate.

I really enjoy this rally,first of all thanks to Warren for close battle ;) ,if I remember correct there was only
0.62 seconds between us after SS 4. :) Well done!
Overall good rally for me,without serious crases ,only some small mistakes and very careful driving in tricky
stage 4 . :cool:

Thanks to all organizers

Phew, thank god, nobody signed up for the US session :o
I fell asleep last night while watching something, and completely forgot to set up everything after EU. Thanks to Warren for jumping in with the OC session.

Two more sessions to go, 17:00 and 19:00 GMT

My debut done. Had a heavy crash some hundred meters into first stage, and could only hardly continue to finish the stage with a badly hurt car. After this I drove more calmly and It was OK. I suppose very much slower han the others but I hadn´t so many incidents. Finished all stages.
Thanks everybody for setting this up!

What the heck is wrong with Falstone 2!?

The stage looks very good covered in snow but the pacenotes are just plain completely wrong, i couldn't see the turns and with bad pacenotes the stage was bad bad bad, i didn't crash but had a big moment and touched a ditch, that broke my suspension and the car felt funny, the pacenotes are wrong, i had to "guess" the angle of the corners because the co driver said "fast left" and it was a "flat left"
and even sometimes got the direction wrong! he said right when it was left! not the best stage but atleast i didn't hit anything hard.

I missed yesterdays session, and am still in no shape to join in the fun today. It really is a struggle when even just sitting on my rear end watching TV is draining me of energy... Will have to drop out of this one and rest up for the championship finale instead :oops:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back