Rally - Roy's got a new car - Monday 29th & Tuesday 30th October 2012

That race was a disaster for me!:confused: I was so lost in first two stages, went out and had some spins. And so SLOW. To top it all i drove SS3 with snow tyres:roflmao:.
In sweet lamb i hit a tree at begins and in the last stage car lights didn`t work??
Has anybody else this problem??
This car felt quite clumsy in my opinion, didn`t like at all, almost felt like Ford Taunus.
Good luck to everyone else!

Doh, thought that the session is 1 hour later, made a test tournament and when I was going to go test that car out I saw that the EU session is already on. Didnt had time to test this car at all :(

SS1 - Went off the road twice, both times were pretty bad but I managed to avoid crashes.
SS2 - Spun twice, once in the last corner. Really bad time but plenty of guys in EU session retired though so I guess I can consider my self lucky then.
SS3 - Really scary stage, was really slow and even spun once in the last split but at least brought it home in one piece. Leading EU session by ~46 seconds
SS4 - Pressed the "GO SS4" button, it loaded but I didnt even got till the place where you load setups or start the stage.. The camera was sliding around where the garage is and stuff like that.. Neither enter or ESC helped.. Had to ALT+F4 out of there, retired stage for nothing. I know that Limbo stage worked for me before, what happened??? Probably missed my first club win.. Maybe not but it might be close with Fernando retiring :( GRRRRRR
SS5 - Engine stopped at the 2nd hairpin, also took way too wide the last hairpin, not as good as I would like to.
SS6 - I really suck on tarmac, was slow as hell, hit plenty of the barriers, also engine stopped at one of the 180 degree turns.
SS7 - Spin at high speed, went into woods and I was suprised that the car survived that crash, had to reverse out, lots of time lost there, also, went a bit too wide in one of the 90-degree turns and the engine stopped there, pretty bad time here after all.
SS8 - Crashed in a silly way, that crash in SS7 happened with about 5 or 6 times higher speed and the car survived, here it died after a silly hit with a silly speed. But it doesnt matter, Limbo ruined everything for me, tried it now offline - it worked, no idea what it was.. Karma or something, really gutted :(

Thanks for the rally though, it was lots of fun, the car was interesting. Thanks Roy and good luck with it in real life :p

After a 12 hour work day just realised this was on, not in the mood but thought i'd enter it for Roy :) But really just jumped in (late) and after 2 retirements in the first 100m that's it for me I'm afraid, hope to be ready for the next one!

The car did not handla anything near what I felt it was like when I tested it when I created the rally in the first place. Felt like the brakes only worked on the rear wheels.
So after 3 retirements and 3 CFH's because of that I called it a night and decided to skip the remainding 4 stages of humiliation :p

Had big problems to learn the car on the first stages. Went very wide and was off on every stage 1-5. At SS3 I killed the engine when I drove over a road sign close after the top of the hill. The car continued to roll downhill without engine and for a while I thought I would reach the finish but got to a halt in a small uphill.
In the second half of the rally I felt more confident, and the tarmac stages felt really good. unusually for me.
I was surprised to find myself in the lead by 37 sec before the last stage - and I could control myself to end up winning the EU session.
The higher ranked competitiors seemed to have had even bigger problems...

Well I enjoyed that :)

Retired on one stage which was a bit disappointing and looks like it cost me the win in the session! (2:50 behind the winner) but still fun. Only driven the Celica on tar before so the gravel and snow was... interesting! But still enjoyable.

Thanks to all!

As promised, me finishing SS2 backwards with no power!

Oh dear god, I just realized what car this is :roflmao:

Good memories from a couple of years ago. Check this video, around the 3 minute mark, and try to guess which one am I :D

Anyway, I will have to drive some time tomorrow.

Speaking of which, my Tuesdays aren't as free as they were a couple of weeks ago, so the results won't be so quick anymore.

Well, that went poorly. Too busy to get any practice in, couldn't get to grips with the car.

Only managed to finish 3 stages. Ah well, next time I'll schedule in some practice first.

Tough rally. It felt like it had a bit of everything, but really enjoyable. Felt like I set some ok times for the first 4 stages, had a retirement at SS5 when I was almost at the end! Hit a post at a hairpin and the engine was gone :mad:. Lost some motivation after that and started pushing too hard & making mistakes. I really need to practice more tarmac stages as I feel like I'm just holding on lol. Had a real shocker on SS8, was bouncing off everything, went down a bank, rolled at a hairpin, not really sure how I made it to the end, but I was missing the bonnet and passenger door lol.

Also, how do I check the overall session results during the rally? I can only see the individual stage times.

Amazing, during OC session the Limbo ran for me just fine. And I didnt change anything in the RBR, didnt even re-install the BTB_Sweden pack.. Why couldnt it be working yesterday at the EU session?! Sucks.. :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%