Rally Rising Sun - Wed February 17, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren Dawes

Premium

Sessions: RD Rising Sun US / RD Rising Sun OC / RD Rising Sun EU

Car Pack: A8W-06 (Individual Car Pack here) (in case you need to confirm you have the latest version)

Damage: Reduced

Stage 01: Japan - Noiker II
[Normal, Good, Dusk]
Stage 02:
Japan– Tanner [Normal, Medium Fog , Day]
Stage 03:
Japan– Sipirkakim [Normal, Cloudy, Day]
Stage 04:
Japan- Pirka Menoko [Normal, Light Fog , Day]
Stage 05:
Japan– Noiker [Normal, Good, Day]
Stage 06:
Japan– Sipirkakim II [Normal, Good, Day]
Stage 07:
Japan– Pirka Menoko II [Normal, Bad, Dusk]
Stage 08:
Japan– Tanner [Normal, Good, Dusk]

Oceania Start: 10:00 GMT *
Europe Start: 20:00 GMT
US Start: 03:00 GMT Thursday (10:00pm EST (USA) Wednesday)*

* EU, Oceania and US events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2010 (update 02) mod in order to participate, please see the installation and usage threads.
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.
IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2010 Name)
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally (including multi-day events) - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.

Drivers:

1. Aaron Cloutier (ascloutier)
  2. Warren Dawes (WAD53)
  3. Cam Wedgwood (Wedge)
  4. Damien Jones (DJones)
  5. Mel Dixon (crashzone)
  6. Yassen Pavlov (Yassen Pavlov)
  7. Robb Kulcsar ( R27kul)
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver

New Rally now posted for next week, this time we visit mystical Japan for more gravel sliding, and some murky dusk driving to add to the challenge.
This evil Rally brought to you by Cam, blame him if your eyesight fails in the dusk, lol. :cool:

All competitors please note:

When I opened RSCenter to set up the Rally, I received a message that my version was out of date. It referred me to the Rallyesim site, so I clicked the link and it opened their site at the RSRBR2010 page, but I couldn't see any new updates. When I closed the site to return to RSCenter, I received another message about my name not being valid. I ignored it, opened RSCenter again and all was normal again.
Rather weird, but I post this in case you also encounter this.

ALSO

European Time Zone Entrants, please note:

I had problems setting up the EU Rally on the server, and ended up with two Rally's.
Please ignore the one titled RD Rising Sun EU 8D.

Use only the one titled: RD Rising Sun EU

Update to my previous post

I have been able to contact the Server Admin, and they have removed my duplicate RD Rising Sun EU Rally.

So all is back to normal (I hope).

All three Rally's are now set on the Server.

The Aussie Rally is done and dusted.
Man, that was tough, some very challenging stages, at one stage I was shining a torch at the screen hoping to improve my vision of the track. :eek: I managed to splatter some spectator blood across the screen this time, and tried to chop down the odd tree or six.

Great fun on TS with Cam and Damien, some great tales of woe from Cam and I, but Damien gave us his Sebastien Loeb impression tonight. Well done Damien.

wow they were dark and the last was almost blind :D but still had a better event than last time.only broke the car twice.
dont think i blinked once during couple of stages eyes hurt..if only i hadn't had the 2 retires.
next time :D.but loved it ,thank you for running it .

Tough it was indeed. Great rally.

I don't know why I decided that the rally starts with the Noiker I as the first stage. It got me by complete surprise and I wrecked my car. The other stages were fun and the last two of them were really crazy.
What the hell was that tree doing so close to the road at the end of Pirka Menoko II, I saw it a little bit after I crashed into it. Anyway rain plus dusk is a great combination, I think I would've driven better if I just closed my eyes and listened to the navigator :)

One more thing, can you guys write down in which timezone you will be racing next time. For the next few months I can show up for both Oceania or eu, so I would really love to join the TS fun.

One more thing, can you guys write down in which timezone you will be racing next time. For the next few months I can show up for both Oceania or eu, so I would really love to join the TS fun.

Yassen, most entrants have indicated their timezone Rally, but you can also check it by the colour of the names in the sign up post.
Blue = USA
Olive = Oceania
Dark Green = Europe.

And yes you are right, TS can add a huge amount of fun to these Rally's, it makes you feel like you are not alone and you get to know your fellow competitors much better.
We always use TS in the Oceania zone, and we Aussies give each other heaps of "encouragement" after each stage or two, just ask Cam. :biggrin:

Final Results, see attached pic for better view.

RDRisingSunRally_Results.jpg

Congratulations to Damien for the overall win, his second RBR Rally win. Damien drove an almost faultless Rally with both speed and consistency. Robb again showed his consistency by taking second (he is knocking on the door for another win for sure), and Warren taking the final podium spot.

Stage wins were dominated by two Aussies, with Cam starting well with wins in the first two stages, but Damien dominated from then on. Looking more closely though, the stage times were often very close, just check out the top 4 times in SS2, amazingly close.

Yassen and Mel showed good consistency overall, the secret to RBR Rally's. Cam again looked good, but his "fragile" Ford couldn't go the distance (or was Cam punishing it to severely?? :wink: ).

Overall, it is obvious that the standard's are increasing with each Rally, with only a small number of retirements, in what can only be described as a true test in the murky gloom of Japan. This was a tough Rally.

Well done to all who participated, and special thanks to Cam for the Rally design.

The entry numbers continue to be a concern though, we have a small but loyal support base, but this Sim deserves much more support at RD if it is to survive.

Attachments

• RD Rising Sun Rally_Results.JPG
    RD Rising Sun Rally_Results.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 260
I propose that next time we have a rally that runs for two stages!

Well done Damien, you certainly slaughtered the competition like a sumo at Sizzler's. Well done to Rob and Warren too!

Thanks loads once again to Warren for setting it all up and compiling the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%