Rally - Richard Burns Tribute - Mon 19th & Tue 20th August 2013

Wow, I'm really glad with my stages.
Had one CFH on the tarmac stage, but that's all (besides some scary moments that only cost minor time).
The car suits the stages very well!
Thanks for hosting RBR Rallye Club Team. Good luck everyone!
Pity I was so alone:(

One more thing, I was only able to join after installing Patch 3.

Last edited:
Shrubs. Bloody shrubs! Who designed knee-high vegetation that crunches the front end and kills your engine?!

More crashes and more mistakes. I am leaving these rallies more and more stressed and frustrated with every event. I practice on every stage and get to know the car as well as I can before every event, but I keep getting screwed over by unexpected car behaviour and turns that the co-driver doesn't even warn me about!

I certainly failed to pay tribute to the late Mr. Burns tonight... :(

SS 1 I was flying over the first bridge and must have been a bit sideways because I hit a spectator. East-West and mineshaft I retired and on SS 8 I had to retire. I'm still not sure what I hit. I really was liking the final stage too. First time on it so I need to revisit it in the near future.

Quick sum up and thoughts of my rally:
Retired on SS1 after the slowest of contacts with a tyre stack.
Retired on Foron after co-driver couldn't keep up with me. There was a 'easy-left fast-right hairpin-left' but he called out the hairpin when I was already taking the easy-left on 5th gear. Head on into the guardrail. There were a few silly pacenotes on shepherd's too. I really should redo the pacenotes on some of the stages...
Retired on Loch Ard too after making contact with a little spuce tree which was thinner than my thumb. :D

Great rally and a great tribute to a great driver.

Managed to get in to the second stage but non of the following went as planned. Finished 2 out of the 7 stages I could do, both those I finished with heavy time losses with a CFH on SS8 and several offs on SS2 or 3.

The Subaru doesn't suit my driving style but at least I hope Richard enjoyed watching the stages I managed to finish :redface:

Gee, that was the worse I've ever driven. I didn't have a single clean stage, and a lot of DNF. A shame on such a special rally.

I always like to analyse a rally afterwards to see what I can learn from it, to improve. From this one: be well rested. It's astonishing how much of a difference it makes in such a concentration heavy environment, where mistakes are instantly punished.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back