Rally - Rex Rises Again - Monday 6th & 7th August 2012

VEry strange i damaged the direction of the Impreza in the sikakama stage and after go to the service park in sweet lamb the damage are not totally fixed and after 2 splits i conclude there not fun this way and retire ! But he car its very fun to drive beside this problem i have .

Colin would be proud. I crashed the car 6 out of 8 times. Just couldn't drive this piece of garbage:p

No front grip, the FFB feeling worse than with my Evo X. There's hardly any response turning in, the wheel only rumbles a lot when driving on rough terrain. That's no FFB for me, and it's only 2-3 boxes less than the maximum.

To make the front end grip problem worse: The default setup seems to only help the car locking up, I brake and the car keeps going straight, it's very bad on wet stages.

Not really much fun, this car... Either Colin was a genius or his rivals crashed too much:p

"Exceptions confirm the rule"?:p

Was the '95 Subaru a RWD?

I am used to my awesome Evo X, who actually obeys, not like this one...

Sweet Lamb(it works, did before too I think) has many holes, I wonder how people just hammer away over these, I hit one and nearly bumb into the woods after it, how do they do that?

Sucking at first, and I have driven over enough holes already. Each time I see one, I scream in my head "Oh no, don't make fly off the road!`":p

Maybe I've been away for too long? But it didn't feel like much fun tonight, I'll be last in this rally out of those that started all stages:rolleyes:

EDIT: Some don't even change the suspension seemingly, and still fly over the holes like it was nothing. I must be missing something.

David i agree, this car felt like turning a very big boat no response at all. I have the same feelig with the N4 cars, its just like turing a aircraft carrier.
Grats to Frenando who always was 3.6 sec faster than me on nearly every stage. How do you calculate that?
I had a good time on nokier untill i rolled the car and lost at least 10 sec but in the end Fernando was to fast today so it doesn't matter i'll guess.
Thanks for a fun rally. (except the car)

"Exceptions confirm the rule"?:p

Was the '95 Subaru a RWD?

I am used to my awesome Evo X, who actually obeys, not like this one...

Sweet Lamb(it works, did before too I think) has many holes, I wonder how people just hammer away over these, I hit one and nearly bumb into the woods after it, how do they do that?

I think that this car has a different torque curve than the current WRCs which we drove, so that's why you feel that car so strange. :)

This car has a good handling, only what the brakes were strange for me, but some practice, you can feel on it. :)

I didn't have any of course, I was here for the fun(I never had, doh:().

But yeah, I thought I wasn't braking hard, and I was going straight until shifting to 2nd, going slowly and the car turned in. Or as 2nd option, floor the throttle to make the rear go around:rolleyes:

Mineshaft was funny, I think I wanted to brake a little and steer, only for me to miss the point to brake, went straight, flew down a cliff where I found a tree by chance, put it onto the roof after colliding and decidied to have a picnic:D

Rarely do I change the setup in RBR but when I got a good setup I loved it! The most influential change was more steering lock and increasing my G25's overall effects to 110%!

I tested until I felt confident with this car so logically things went wrong.
SS1 & 2: Things went well here. These are my favorite stages of the rally so all fun here.
SS3: I forgot about the tire change so I came here with drys so I thought I should push. The run didn't feel spectacular, but the time was way low than it should have been.
SS4: I like this stage more, but with these drys some how I roll, and then I rage quit-ed the stage stupid me.
SS5: Don't like this stage, so pretty slow.
SS6: During testing, the grip was too unpredictable, and Greenhills 1 doesn't feel this way. It's either understeer or an immediate snap to oversteer.
SS7: I gave up so, I went into a slow auto pilot. On the bright side, Japan is beautiful with the gravel mod.
SS8: Forgot to change tires again. Good thing I like that stage.

Guess I won't return to the top 5. Top 10 would be lucky.

Well, many words were said in this rally :p First time racing this on anything other than good conditions, so its all new to me.
SS1, had a minor roll and rear left wheel broke so limped through the end of that
Broken wheel made me roll in SS2 and then all four wheels were broken, almost broke my wheel trying to keep it on the road, slid into a sign on the side of the road and that killed the engine (pathetic). I wanted to finish that stage so badly instead of having to retire >_<
SS3 was good, insanely bumpy though, making it possible to turn the car only if you are past 20-30 degrees on the wheel O_o
SS4 - Horrendous. Horrible wet weather handling, The group Bs handle better than this in the wet :p Also, getting stuck on those tiny trees are rather a pain lol.
SS5 - Was ok, no mistakes. 13 seconds off my personal best though.
SS6 - Couple of mistakes, as soon as you fall off the road it becomes like glue though :p
SS7 - Was feeling good, all the way up until I noticed it has really bad understeer.
SS8 - Slid into a tree and killed it.

Would like to see some new wet physics on this car, It is an amazing car, and great to drive in the dry.

Thanks guys for setting up the session, definite learning curve for me in that car :D

Can't wait for RDRC to start back up!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back