Rally - RDRC Rookie Demo - Mon 13th & Tues 14th June 2011

Having big connection issues. Couldn't get into TS, barely got into the session, after some weird error messages I never saw before :confused:

Ah well, good luck all, hope my times are recorded there.

Had a blast, great cars, really made me feel like I can actually drive the game well, LOL.

These are now my favourite FWD cars in the game. No noticeable understeer, changing directions easily, easy to slow down, very hard, if not impossible to crash... On snow at least, I was riding the brake quite a bit in France.
Also, one of the few cars in which I'm comfortable to H-shift constantly, fun :D

That Sikakama stage is pure brilliance :love:

No clue where I ended up, couldn't see anyone's times. Fingers crossed I'm in the top half this time at least :D

Cheers all.

EDIT: OC session has all but one stage win so far.

But, more remarkable, I have a stage win too! If any of you EUX drivers go faster, I might have to refuse creating more sessions in the future :tongue:

Started good on the first 2 stages, really love the feeling of the cars on loose surface :)
Continued well on the next 2 aswell, the Peugeot os just pure loveliness :)

If I win SS6, I will have to make a video of it :tongue: Caught myself staring at two photographers on the outside of a 3R,clipped a stone on the inside, and flipped over twice, baaaaarely rolling enough to get back on my wheels. Still fastest in my session :eek:

And I actually managed a clean sweep in the EUX-session. More of this car please, guys :D :D :D

1xCFH and 1 retirement for me tonight, not good at all. Nice car on snow, crappy on gravel. On tarmac my wheel developed ~160 degrees dead zone, almost impossible to drive. All in all i,m happy to go back to 4WD next week, have had enough of those FWD for a while. Really hope we ain't going to use FWD for the next club rally, 2 events on the trot is quite enough for me. Had fun nevertheless :)

Session: RD Ole.

SS1: A hugenormous roll in the two fast right-corners before the first left hairpin.

SS2: No mistakes what so ever. Just a slow stage.

SS3: Two rolls, and one CFH.

SS4: That guy that said that it is "impossible" to retire on the snowstages is wrong. When you forget what the co-driver said, and locks the car in neutral, it is hard to finish.

SS5: Oilpump on this Stage...

SS6: A bit like SS2. Worked well, no mistakes, didn't feel as slow as SS2 :)

SS7: Love left-foot braking! Made a severe mistake though.

SS8: The only great stage for me :p

Conclusion: Thanks again to Senad! And I hate FWD. The only FWD I like is the A7 :p Even though it doesn't mean I'm fast or finish often with those cars.

Good news, :)

Was my second rally in RD and a 4th place overall just 4 seconds from podium finnish, which I could have reached (or hit a tree) if in my session was necessary. Anyway was a good test for next season because I'm rated as 4th grade, so have to drive this sort of cars.

Congrats to podium and RD for organizing.

Cheers,

Hugo Barbosa

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%