Rally - RDRC 2 Shakedown - Mon 23rd & Tue 24th February 2015

got stuck on the main menu of the btb stages, what a dissapointment :(

Ah :/ Well, this is what club racing is for, ironing out bugs/mistakes etc.
This is not an exact sience. But do not touch your keyboard or wheel while the menu is loading on BTB stages. It doesn't happen all the time, but the times it get's stuck in the menu for me (just floating around), I've been to eager on the keyboard.

Ah :/ Well, this is what club racing is for, ironing out bugs/mistakes etc.
This is not an exact sience. But do not touch your keyboard or wheel while the menu is loading on BTB stages. It doesn't happen all the time, but the times it get's stuck in the menu for me (just floating around), I've been to eager on the keyboard.
ah okay, well i gained some experience anyway i am happy with that :), shame it had to be stuck on the btb stage, because i find that stage the best one tbh, really nice gravel track, with lots of elevations.

A nice little rally......very fun!!!
I was so close to retire on SS 5 on the very fast part in the middle I hit a bump and the car bounced off the road in 160 km/h ++ and I hit a tree right on, the radiator broke but everything else was ok so I could continue to the end. Very lucky there.
The other stages was ok.
Thanks for a very fun rally guys.

Great fun ! And I could finish all stages, contrary to what I expected being my first online event. Only missed one turn in SS5 and had to "call for help".

Btw, in SS6 I heard "Your gearbox is broken". Couldn't drive further and thought that I had to retire, but when I slowed down a bit I could drive again. What can I have done wrong to cause this ?

Btw, in SS6 I heard "Your gearbox is broken". Couldn't drive further and thought that I had to retire, but when I slowed down a bit I could drive again. What can I have done wrong to cause this ?

There are seemingly 3 things that happens with "gearbox broken"

1. You are locked in one gear
2. You don't get any drive at all
3. You are only able to drive on very low RPM.

Nothing you did, just a random effect.

Complete nightmare evening for me!! Got online pretty late, had done no practice and then spent ages installing the required BTB stage.

Enjoyed the rally but spent more time being recovered off the stages than I did driving them:-

SS01 - Couple of minor off's early on lead to some damage before hitting a tree head on rendering the car undrivable - RETIRED

SS02 - One large off saw the car stuck in 1st gear - was limping to the end when I misjudged a hairpin and got stuck against a barrier - RETIRED

SS03 - Another high speed off broke the radiator and the car overheated and died before the end of the stage - RETIRED

SS04-SS06 - After the disastorous start I took it really easily through SS04 but at least managed to finish!! Had reasonable runs through SS05 & SS06 but with little confidence my times were WAY off the pace. I never expected to challenge for class wins but I'm hoping to be closer to you guys once the season starts!

Thanks for organising this chaps - much appreciated ;-)

Yes, for those new to the Championship, just take joy in that we don't 'usually' get any more Monte-mod races. Club races, well that's a whole unknown different kettle of fish and is up to often times twisted nature of the organisers.. :O_o: ... which is why like the club meetings.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%