Rally - Rallye Monte Carlo - Mon 26th & Tue 27th January 2015

I totally woke up an hour early, whoops.

Oh well, time for some practice :p. I tried Kaihuivaara, but for some reason my throttle was malfunctioning, couldn't figure it out. Restarted my PC and tried again. Uh-oh, I'm thinking, is my wheel broken? Well, I went into the controller menu and realized my handbrake was on... I'm sure there's a lesson in there somewhere. :p

Good luck to everyone :)

Well that was alot of fun, apart from when my game crashed at 5.0km through stage 1 which is a bugger as I had already passed the first split. Which is the 2nd time this has happened on a RD event which is odd as it never does it in public sessions. (Is there a fix to this?)
Also the really silly mistake in Bisanne where I went to dip a wheel on the inside to hook the front in and hit the wooden fence of death 0.7km away from the finish and killed my engine in one shot.
I had a problem in Kaihuavaara where I had massive wheelspin and couldnt get it out of 2nd gear, it was like I was driving on slick tyres and inevitably understeered into a tree, but apart from those incidents had a lot of fun with these cars and are great things to chuck about.

I had a problem in Kaihuavaara where I had massive wheelspin and couldnt get it out of 2nd gear, it was like I was driving on slick tyres and inevitably understeered into a tree

I guess that's because you were? As the plugin chooses tyres for the first stage when there are more than 1 stage. Seeing as the first stage was Puy du Lac, I would guess the game chose tarmac tyres, which didn't work out at Kaihuavaara!

Been a while away from RBR, I knew it was going to be hard in this king of conditions to show any speed.

Problems on the 3 early stages (1 CFH and 2 DNFs) I managed to focus on completing the rest of the rally as if I hadn't had any problem and I managed. I was slow as expected and never got in the fight for any stage but all my runs were clean, (until the last one) which is a lot driving a car I won't drive again. Never liked it much, nor the others in the class.

So congrats to the winner, thanks to the organizers and I hope to show up next time as well!

Fun rally with alots of small spins By me.. hadnt made a setup for this rally and car had to much oversteer to suit me. Corrected diffs and it was smoother. On puy de lakk i killed a marshall cfh :-(
last stage i got stuck betwin two threes and had to CFH. Had some good fights with the drivers at Eu sessions.

Last night was fun, really found my feet in SS4 before making a couple mistakes, SS5-8 were cracking though :D, Think i even set the #1 time in EUY in SS8 aswell, not bad for having RSRBR installed for under a hour before the start of the session, and not driven a stage in RBR since like May last year :p

Nothing will excuse my lacking skills! But hell yeah, I nearly came through unharmed.
Still had to retire on SS 3; slightly understeered slowly into the trees. Nearly no impact, consequently the engine wouldn't restart ?!?
I did practice and I had fun, so quite what I wanted.

Thank you for giving me the chance to attend @Roy Magnes

I had a rally fun battle with Roy in the EUY session, I thought I'd be battling with Ole as well after the first two stages, but he proved slightly too quick and ran ahead after SS3. I think me and Roy swapped places 3 times. I had to push really hard on the final stage which lead to a CFH, though I don't regret pushing at all. Good fun :thumbsup:

Well done to Magnar and Roy and cheers to the organizers and everyone who ran :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back