Rally - Rallye de France - Mon 2nd & Tues 3rd August 2010

Warren Dawes

Premium
RD RallyRallye de France

PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2010 UPDATE 05 IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT

UPDATE 31st July: There is now a Patch 01 for Update 05

All Tarmac Stages of France, driving the smaller Group N S2000 AWD cars – Peugeot 207; Fiat Grande Punto; VW Polo; Ford Fiesta; Ford Fiesta 2010; Skoda Fabia; Lada 112VK

Rallye-de-France.jpg

Sessions: RD Rallye de France EU / RD Rallye de France US / RD Rallye de France OC / RD Rallye de France EUX

NOTE: We may include additional timezone Rallys if requested.

An additional Session, RD Rallye de France EUX has been added, starting at 22.30GMT.

Car Pack: N4_S2000_1 **

Damage: Reduced

Stage 01: France – Joux Verte (Normal, Med Fog, Day)
Stage 02: France – Joux Plane II (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 03: France – Bisanne II (Normal, Cloudy, Day)
Stage 04: France – Cote D’Arbroz (Normal, Good, Dusk)
Stage 05: France - Bisanne (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 06: France – Joux Verte II (Normal, Cloudy , Day)
Stage 07: France – Cote D’Arbroz II (Normal, Damp, Day)
Stage 08: France – Joux Plane (Normal, Bad, Day)

Europe Start: 19:00 GMT Monday *
US Start: 02:00 GMT Tuesday (10:00pm EDST (USA) Monday )*
Oceania Start: 10:30 GMT Tuesday *
EUX Start: 22.30GMT

NOTE: The Europe Rally will start 19.00 GMT to allow for daylight savings times. The Oceania Rally will start 8.30PM AEST.

** PLEASE NOTE: You can select any car from the Pack, but must drive the same car in all Stages

NOTE: The Ford Fiesta 2010 in this Pack is considered to be not quite competitive with the others and is not recommended, but freely available to drive.

* EU, OC, and US events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2010 (updates 03, 04, and 05) mod in order to participate, please see the installation and usage threads.
  • You will also require the Car Pack for N4_S2000_1 . Make sure you have the latest ver.
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.
  • A Patch 01 has now been released for Update 05, It can be found HERE

IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2010 Name)
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines to help you get up and running: Here and Here .

Drivers:

Free choice of car from the N4_S2000_1 Car Pack.

1. Warren Dawes (WAD53) - Oceania
2. RobbKull(r27kul) - Europe
3. Rick Bamford (Lucifer) - Oceania
4. Senad Subasic (mfodor) - Oceania
5. Lee Palmer (Mrtk56) - Oceania
6. Ondřej Kapal (OKapal) - Oceania
7. John Low (elmomarty) - Oceania
8. Jakub Sulej (RIVIVIED) - Europe
9. Aaron DeMarre (smokee) - US
10. Julien Luca (Julien Luca) - EUX
11. Damien Jones (DJones) - Oceania
12. David Zafiu (David Zafiu) - Oceania
13. Dariusz Swiderski (swider) - EUX
14. Tomas Reinicke (ctbr) - Oceania
15. Tor Anders Berven (Totte) - Europe
16. Eddie Mann (EddieX) - Oceania
17. Driver
18. Driver
19. Driver
20. Driver

Our next Rally is open for sign-up.

This Rally is for the Tarmac enthusiasts (or French drivers).

We drive the ever popular S2000 AWD cars, always great fun, but let’s see how they handle the twisty tarmac of France. You may choose any car you fancy from the N4_S2000_1 Car Pack, but please note that the 2010 version of the Ford Fiesta may be slightly uncompetitive with the others (slower).

The Stages cover all of the default Stages of France, and all will be Tarmac. However, be prepared to see the weather change during the Rally. We also introduce one Stage using the Dusk mod.

If requests are made for any additional timezones, we will try to include them ( but within the Monday/Tuesday periods).

Good luck all, and hope we see a good roll up.

Don’t forget to save your replays for the Rally video. Send your replays to John at elmomarty@bigpond.com . He is specially looking for those classic records of your epic crashes or any interesting or funny experiences. Or maybe you have a replay of a Stage you are especially proud of.

A little video to give you a taste of what is to come. Sincere apologies to Lada or any Lada fans.

:rally::ups:

:frown:Again 4WD ? Maybe in next asphalt event you should think on changing the class from 4WD to 2WD, less powerfull but not less fun to drive. I know on gravel the 2WD are struggling for grip, but on tarmac ? We should have even a Diesel event in future :wink: Anyway, RobbKull(r27kul) EU Time .

PS: Dusk is very bad, they done a very bad job with it, or maybe is my display too old. I'm waiting feedback after practice or after the race.

:frown:Again 4WD ?
Sorry mate, but I tried. If you only knew how many hours I spent testing various 2WD cars for this one, but honestly, I thought many of them were poor ( terrible visuals with wheels misplaced to the bodies, and some very poor driving models). I am going to try some in later Rallys, but for now, while we are developing the Rally Club, I'm reluctant to use unprofessional mods that reduce the quality of RBR.
In the end, I gave up wasting more time, and went for something that I know works well. I'll keep testing though.

PS: Dusk is very bad, they done a very bad job with it, or maybe is my display too old. I'm waiting feedback after practice or after the race.

I somewhat agree, dusk can be a little harder to see on some screens. However, it is no worse than med or thick fog, maybe even better. I have only added one stage to see how it goes, and I tried to select the one with the best visibility and a shorter and more known Stage.

Hope you accept new drivers to rallying: Paul Herman(bluman). I don't know the timezone yet(if it is possible) because I have something scheduled on every timezone so it depends which I manage to cancel.

Thanks!

Don't know if they fixed it up a bit, but it says "The Ford Fiesta 2010 in this Pack is considered to be not competitive with the others and is not recommended". I think that means you can choose the Fiesta :).

I'm propably in, but if I wold be banned for one month because of made incident in race I woudn't be able to do it, so put me on list and we will see.
Jakub Sulej (RIVIVIED) EU timezone

Aaron DeMarre (smokee) US

I have no issues with dusk, but I know some people have a lot of troubles with it. I normally run 2WD on loose surfaces, so this is going to be way out of my comfort zone. Looking forward to it!

Just to be clear, there is no service (and thus no tire changes) on this rally?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 295 13.4%