Rally - Rally Portugal - Mon 31st March & Tue 1st April (FOOL!) 2014

That didn't quite go to plan :roflmao:

SS1 - Greenhill:

Chose gravel tires so that I would be able to push on SS2 which is a stage that suits me better but the tires had a bit too little grip and I found myself sliding wide into a tree quite early on locking the car in 3rd gear.

As there were a lot left of the stage + the following one I decided to retire and take a "new" car for SS2....... :redface:

SS2 - East-West:

A new car, less grip but yet more grip......

Went a bit too easy early on to get into the grove after the calamaties on the previous stage and was able to push harder later on and actually beat Ole in the session which I find to be a positive :)

SERVICE

SS3 - Loch Ard 2:

I went medium hard as I was on wet tires again to get more grip on the next couple of stages and it was all going well until I missheard a note or it just didn't quite suit the car and I flinged it into the trees and had half the car on the gravel and the other in the trees and couldn't get loose so a CFH here :mad:
Was un-believably irritating as I was less than 20 seconds from the end of the stage :whistling:

SS4 - Sheperds Shield:

I like this stage and I pushed hard to try and make up time and I was a bit all over the place but I did do a PB for the car so it was quick :confused:

SS5 - Diamond Creek:

Was going as hard as I dared but took it a bit too easy for my own liking but I think it was an ok time....

SERVICE

SS6 - Fictitious Gravel:

Got into a good grove early on in the stage and I think the time was good as well. First time going all out on that stage so nothing to compare the run to but the flow and momentum I had going through the stage felt good, a couple of scares but all good :)

SERVICE

SS7 - Swiss Gravel:

Had a massive scare in each of the sectors.

First one was a missjudgent from my side which saw me claut a rock but, thankfully, no damage.

Second one was an understeer moment with me on the handbrake and the rear end plowing over a couple of small rocks. Lost a couple of seconds but got away unscaved.

Third one was another understeer moment as I miss-judged where on the stage I was and I had to pull the handbrake again and suffered a half-spin after hitting a couple of markers to show you "here's a rock, look out" which was un-called for, had they not been there I would have missed it all with no time loss at all....
Lost a couple of seconds here as well.

Other than those scares I did another PB for that car on a stage which was very fun to see :D

Thank you for a good bit of fun apart from my own foolish misstakes which dragged down the fun a bit :roflmao:

Got disturbed by my girlfriend early on SS1 so I blame the crash on her :p Didnt want to do SS2 so I skipped it. Thought that I might start off with SS3 but a slight mistake led me into a situation where I had to call for help.. I decided to retire instead of using CFH and closed the session, unfortunately it wasnt my day for rallying :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%