Rally - Rally of Great Britain - Mon 1st & Tues 2nd November 2010

Thx for the server Senad, i had lots of fun, not a single stage without some coming off :), quess i have to stop driving with default setup, my car really needed some heavy fiddling for the bumpy England, maybe next time i'll find some time for the setup work. Will try to get a few replays for the video, had some funny moments :) :).

Dariusz, TBH almost everyone will tell you that apart from changing the brake balance on the gravel default setups are almost spot-on (if this means anything - I use default always with just slightly decreased pressure in the rear brakes) and England is in fact quite flat :). On the tarmac difference is way more visible. You just need to memorize the biggest holes and avoid them :D

Yep! I'm pretty much the same as Lukasz. I have tried fiddling with set ups, and mostly I just make it worse. Small adjustments to brake bias is usually all I do. For the French tarmac, I sometimes stiffen the springs and lower the ride height a bit, it seems to help slightly. Also, I often change the gear ratio to suit the Stage or car.

I know the bumpy bits of England that you refer to, (eg. Harwood Forest is very bouncy, and a couple of tricky bumps at Chirdonhead, but the best way to handle those (from my experience) is to just back off a touch at those spots and keep the car smooth as possible. Of course, you learn these tricky spots from experience, I've driven them a fair few times now and learned from bitter experience. :rolleyes:

EDIT: of course, it's that uncertainty of road surface, and the way that the car reacts to each different bump and curve, that makes RBR so great. You never feel like you are in total control, and therefore the fear factor is always in your mind. I love it, it is such a balance of risk vs reward, something I have never experienced with normal track racing Sims. :rally:

Overall Rally Results

20101101rdrallyrallyofg.png

Congrats Lukasz, Warren, and me :D :good:

Stage wins
Rick Bamford: 4 stage wins :star::star::star::star:
Lukasz Demolin: 3 stage wins :star::star::star:
Jakub Sulej: 1 stage win :star:

4 stage wins for Rick, but just one bad stage, and a podium, or perhaps more, is gone. :rose-dead:
No stage wins for Warren and myself, consistency is the key :cool:

Half the field in a Carisma GT :eek:

SS3, Chirdonhead in bad weather, was very close, 5 drivers within 3 seconds :eek:

Welcome to two new drivers, Rob and Mal, hope to see you again :)
Thanks to everyone that showed up, see you next week :rally:

If anyone has any replays they'd like to share, please send them to senad.subasic@gmail.com, or upload them on www.speedyshare.com
Would be nice to get replays of SS3, and put all those close finishes in one shot.

Click on the attached thumbnail for a better view.

Let me know if you notice any mistakes, or have any suggestions.

Attachments

• 2010-11-01 RD Rally – Rally of Great Britain.png
    2010-11-01 RD Rally – Rally of Great Britain.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 247
THX Senad and Warren for organizing, and postpone EUX for me!

I don't know why I have only result from SS7 I finished SS4 SS6 and SS8 - next time I will make snapshots.

It wasn't a very good day for me it turned out we have a massive problem in our company, so I got home late, angry and exhausted which made direct influence on my driving.

I didn't made it to start SS1, then I hit barrier/tree and DNF, I made false start once, next crash made my gearbox stock in 4th and I cruised half of stage, all possible scenarios. All with lot of fun and strong will to finish stage no matter in what time.

Something strange came with SS7 / SS8 - I finished SS6, but then it showed up SS7 skipped, I ran SS8 and finished it. In results I see only time at SS7 which was skipped by my RSRBR... Strange... Hope to finish more stages next time!

It was a very good escape from my bad day although I haven't made many stages to the finish.

THX once more and you next time on the stage!

I don't know why I have only result from SS7 I finished SS4 SS6 and SS8 - next time I will make snapshots.

Strange...

SS4 is listed as "in progress"
SS5 and 6 "skipped"
SS7 is listed as "retired", even though you have that time in the results.
SS8 is "skipped" again

EDIT: ah, I think I know... Maybe it's the midnight thing? There were issues with sessions with midnight as a start time. I set this one to start at 23:59, I saw someone else do the same. Guess that didn't work. Sorry, forgot about that :sorry:

Yup, screenshots next time, or File -> Save times :good:. Did you save your replays perhaps, those have times in them too?

EDIT: got the replays Adam, thanks :good:

Late celebration: Yay, I finally won in the Rally Club after being almost-fast-enough a few times :). And to top it off I finally was able to match Warren's and Rick's pace. Pity that it all worked in one of my favorite combinations, so I don't expect repeating that on their home turf for example ;).

Great pace from Senad, well deserved podium in my opinion, despite his rambling about it being unfair :]. To finish first first you have to finish! [which I often seem to forget]

Thanks for the good stuff, guys, lookin' forward to more of it next week :)

First up, G'Day from Longreach in the Aussie outback. Just arrived and they have Internet. :cool:

Congratulations Lukasz for the win, you have had to wait a while and work hard to finally pull off your first Rally Club win, but we all knew it would happen. :wink: I think we can now crown you as "The King of England", you are always strong there. :thumb:
Woohoo, Senad is on the Podium, continuing to stake his claim as "The Most Improved Rally Driver of 2010". :banana: :star: Did you take advice and leave "Geronimoooo!!!" locked up. :tongue: Now we all await your first win. :rabbit:

Great to see the new guys join us, I'm sure you had an interesting introduction, the first Rally is always pretty harrowing.

Huge thanks again to Senad for his tireless work behind the scenes (how did he drive so well with no sleep :eek: ). Thanks also to Damien for his creative Banner :thanks:.

I'll be able to watch the next few events unfold and look forward to seeing even more new winners.

Well done Lukasz, Warren and Senad.

Great fun and some good times in all of that. Should be some "interesting" replays of Harwood and Shepards from me, lol.

I always enjoy England and Falston is my "test stage" so i am glad i set a good time on that one. I didn't want to get beaten on my favorite stage.

I had some great accidents this time round but unfortunately they won't make it into the video because SS2 won't play back for some reason and I didn't even get close to finishing SS4.

Here's an artist's (decidedly dodgy) impression of my end to SS4:

upsidedownlancer.jpg

Mitsubishi were not amused and refused to loan me a hairdryer :redface:

Nice job Lukasz and Warren. I have a long way to go. Time to do the rally school. :)

Rally school is great :good:

You're not that far off pace, just go steady, and try to finish all stages. Speed will come later, at least so I'm told :D

Normally you ARE able to save the replay after choosing to retire, haven't tried it with RSRBR though.

I never could save a replay after retiring, I think I just get thrown back to RSCentre

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 260 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 170 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 168 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 231 13.7%