Rally - Rally di Sardegna - Mon 2nd & Tue 3rd June 2014

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Rally di Sardegna

Monday 2nd & Tuesday 3rd June 2014

REMEMBER THAT RSRBR 2014 - update 04 is required for this event.

Revisit the first Rally di Sardegna!

s1_2326.jpg

Sessions: RD Italia EUX / RD Italia EU / RD Italia US / RD Italia OC

We may include additional time zone Rallys if requested.
If you request an additional session to be created, please sign up and make the request at least 12 hours before the requested start time so that we have time to see the request and create the session. Late requests will only be created if the rally club admins sees it in time, and have the possibility to create the session(s) in question. All sessions marked with a star ( * ) will be made regardless of entries.

Car Pack: A8W_04
Damage: Reduced

SS01 - England - Falstone - Gravel -Good - Day
SS02 - Japan - Pirka Menoko 2 - Gravel - Good - Day
SS03 - USA - Hualapai Nation 2 - Gravel - Good - Day
SS04 - USA - Prospect Ridge 2 - Gravel - Good - Day
SS05 - World Stages - Canyon - Gravel - Good - Day
SS06 - Australia - Greenhills 2 - Gravel - Good - Day
SS07 - Australia - NewBobs - Gravel - Good - Day
SS08 - Finland - Autiovaara 2 - Tarmac - Good - Dusk

EUX Start: 16:00 GMT Monday *
Europe Start: 19:00 GMT Monday *
US Start: 02:00 GMT Tuesday (10PM Eastern (USA), 8PM Mountain Time, Monday) *
Oceania Start: 09:30 GMT Tuesday (8:30 PM EDST) *

All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can run as many sessions you like. However, only the first you did reach split 1 on one of the stages will count!

RALLY NOTES:
· Please sign up in the following format: RD Name - RSRBR2014 Name - Session.
· Click here to read the password!
· You will require the RSRBR 2014 mod, with Update 04 to be able to race!
· You will also require the A8W_04 pack to race!.
· Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.
· Take a screenshot of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
· You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
· If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines and links to help you get up and running: Here
· IMPORTANT! Update 04 has been released, please ensure you have it installed before heading out to the stages!

Drivers: Remember to choose car!

1. A8W_04 - Citroën Xsara WRC - Torbjørn Withbro - torwith - EU
  2. A8W_04 - Citroën Xsara WRC - Ole Marius Myrvold - Myrvold - EUY
  3. A8W_04 - Skoda Fabia WRC - Roy Magnes - Roy Magnes - EUY
  4. A8W_04 - Skoda Fabia WRC -
  5. A8W_04 - Peugeot 307 WRC - Jonatan Åcerclinth - Navitori - EUX
  6. A8W_04 - Peugeot 307 WRC -
  7. A8W_04 - Subaru Impreza WRC - Rhys Gardiner - SouthPawRacer - OC
  8. A8W_04 - Subaru Impreza WRC - Corey Twyman - the__flash - US
  9. A8W_04 - Ford Focus WRC 04 - Karl Raudsepp - Karl Raudsepp - OC
  10. A8W_04 - Ford Focus WRC 04 - Keegan Buckley - kbuckley - OC
There will not be more than two drives per unique car - unless there are more than 10 drivers, in that case, one extra of each car will be available until 15 drivers are reached, then yet another one of each car is available and so on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Rally di Sardegna 2004!
As we are continueing our WRC-travel, we find ourselves in a warm country, at least that year, with lots of sun and gravel! Will you be the one to replicate Petter Solberg, and win the first ever Rally di Sardegna?

General RBR Club Rally Rules:
1. You need to be a licensed member to take part in this event. Gaining a license is a very easy thing to do. Just click here and you will get a license for in a day or two!

2. As always, Club Events are for casual fun racing. It's always great fun to be fastest, and win. But this is not the main thing to achieve in Club Events. The club events are for developing your skills and test new cars and stages.

3. The usual RaceDepartment rule do apply. You need to keep two wheels on the road. Even though this is a rally game. We will not check this on replays, but for yourself, and all the other drivers please follow this rule.

4. RaceDepartments Terms of Service do apply. If you haven't read it, or don't remember the 19 points of the ToS. Please read it again.

5. If you feel the need to contact anyone about something that's happened on the forum or on the stages for some reason, you can always report the post. Or you can send a Private Message to either Ole Marius Myrvold or Roy Magnes (by clicking on the link in the names).

6. The RBR Club Staff reserve the right to ban any person from driving in the Rally Club. The time of the ban will differ from each situation. You can still be banned from the RBR Club, even though you do not lose your RD License, but you cannot drive if you don't have a license.

7. As this is not a circuit, there is no possible way for one driver to affect another during the events. By such, there should not be any reason for drivers to be angry with one eachother after a rally. A good rule is to read through your post before posting it. If it comes across as angry, or full of sarcasm. It might be good idea to wait some more minutes to post. Remember the general RD rule: " Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. This means you may not personally attack other forum users. malicious behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated. If there is a problem report it to the staff."

DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES:

1. These cars are similar to the cars that are original in RBR, and should be quite easy to get into :)

2. RBR Pacenotes are designed for default cars, Normal conditions and Good weather. Please remember to adjust your speeds to suit these cars.

3. Tyre selections are the drivers responsibility. If you use the automatic tyre selection option in RSRBR2014, please beware that sometimes it may give you the wrong tyre for the conditions. Always double check your tyres, it is critical, especially for Snow Stages.

4.Please ensure to install the all the packs needed. Everything needed is linked to in blue in the opening post!

5.There is a NEW password for both the servers(sessions) and teamspeak. Please check it out here!

6.Please report any problems caused by the stages, or the inability to make sessions, posts and times right from the Rally Club Staff!

If requests are made for any additional timezones, or changes to Start times to better suit your local needs, we will try to include them ( but within the Monday/Tuesday periods).

And with this post! The sign up is open! We wish everyone the best of luck! And hope that no one gets in any trouble!

2h535uf.jpg

Stage wins:

Karl Raudsepp - 6 stage wins
Jonatan Åcerclinth - 1 stage win
Roy Magnes - 1 stage win

Congratulations to Karl and Torbjørn on the podium with Roy this week! A dominant win for Karl, and a very good debut for Torbjørn at RaceDepartment. However, Roy were just 2 seconds behind Torbjørn in the end, this was the closest battle throughout the rally!

Big thank yous to everyone that took the opportunity to do the rally, even though all kinds of problems resulted in posting everything last minute on sunday.
Now we'll have a weeks break for the RDRC and the South Swedish Rally, then we'll be back with a new challenge. See you then!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jonatan Åcerclinth - Navitori - EUX

Since I drove a Fabia last time it was available, could I have the Subaru or Pug instead please?
You chose which of them I get but both are pretty fun to drive :)

EDIT:
I'll have the Pig....... no, sorry, the Pug please (Peugeot)
:)

Last edited:
Autiovaara II tarmac mood was a blast. Not timewise. Was prepared for gravel stage so this was unexpected and very fun. Road trip on many corners into the bush. keep rollin`rollin....:p On one jump in there I flew to the moon and on the return trip landed on the radiator. luckily short to finish.

This was my first time in public session. Strange to drive without times from other drivers. Cool that we were so close in times all of us exept for Karl :)

My worry before this first race at RD that I was way to slow driver. So drove with great care for my old Citroen. Looking forward to some more short rally battles here at the Club.

Karl drove fast with his Ford. We must speed up :sneaky:

I won on Canyon, the worst stage to ever exist in RBR? :confused::O_o::cautious::roflmao::D

Congrats everyone, this was a hard one :)

Was a nice battle with Keegan in session until I retired on the Japanese stage. The Pug is way to heavy in the front but too light in the rear to be driven well on those japanese stages.
The second retirement was a bit more strange. I understeered in the right hander hairpin before you go up the hill and then back down to the finish and nudge a tree with the left front at about 10 KPH and lost the brakes :roflmao:
Survived up the hill but simply couldn't slow down when going downhill so went off the road at the K-Left and, even though I managed to get the car sideways to avoid front ending the trees, it wasn't going backwards to hit the trees with the front and engine dead :rolleyes:

Was good fun though with the Pug and good fun to see the competitiveness although Karl was on another planet for this one :confused:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.7%