Rally - Possum Bourne Tribute - Mon 23rd & Tues 24th August 2010

ok so last night i had huge problems :(

had to reinstall everything then the game was in french language loool

have i missed the oc event? (i think i have)

anyway thx again to Senad Subasic for helping me sort out the prob i will try setup the event at my end so i can try it all out today and i will report back with my progress

hope u all had fun

ok so last night i had huge problems :(

have i missed the oc event? (i think i have)

anyway thx again to Senad Subasic for helping me sort out the prob i will try setup the event at my end so i can try it all out today and i will report back with my progress

hope u all had fun

Moved this from the league topic.

You didn't miss the OC event at the time of your post, but you're about 15 minutes, or around 2-3 stages late now. You can still join.

Steve, is the whole game in French ie. Menu's etc, or only the Pacenotes.
If it is the pacenotes, that is normal, it defaults to French when you load RSRBR2010. To fix that, just go into your options menu and under Pacenotes Language, change it back to English.

Overall Rally Results

20100823rdrallypossumbo.png

Congrats Warren, Damien and Hampus :good:

Stage wins:
Dariusz Swiderski - 3 stage wins :star::star::star:
Rick Bamford - 2 stage wins :star::star:
Damien Jones - 1 stage win :star:
Hampus Jansson - 1 stage win :star:
Jakub Sulej - 1 stage win :star:

Nice rally for Dariusz, three stage wins. Too bad about the problems early on...

Warren was both consistent and fast this time, no stage wins, but always just a few seconds off the top, great effort, congrats :)

If we exclude Warren the winner, and Rick the devil, the Noiker results were amazingly close. 7 drivers within 4 seconds!

Thank you Warren for organizing the rally, I had a blast. The car is brilliant, loved the Australian stages, and even had the joy of leading the rally for a bit :).

Looking forward to the next rally. The league rally is next week, good luck to all who are participating.
Next club rally is two weeks from now. Hope to see you there :ups:

Click on the attached thumbnail for a better view.

Attachments

• 2010-08-23 RD Rally – “Possum Bourne Tribute”.png
    2010-08-23 RD Rally – “Possum Bourne Tribute”.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 209
Okay,

Aussie rally is done and dusted. Congrats to the winners whoever they may be and thanks to Warren and Senad for their organizing.

My rally went like this :

SS1 A couple of simple little mistakes but not bad

SS2 Rolled into the trees on the very first corner, rolled twice more before getting to the big jump, smashed into the concrete at the bottom of the jump on the turn and that's where it all finished

SS3 went with the wet gravel tyres and at first it felt ok but then just slowed down and crashed and ran off the road et c etc

SS4 will go down in my mind as an all time great effort. Took me over 10 minutes to finish the stage, I used manual tyre selection in rscenter and forgot to change it from the last stage DOH !!!!!!!!! Ram into just about everything and ended up being stuck in 4th gear, went off and got help back on and car would not move, out of desperation I started flicking the gear levers and the car started rocking and then slowly started moving and we were away again must have sat there for a good 30 seconds until it moved. Got to the red sign for the finish and the engine was dying and it died just as I crossed the line

ss5 didn't have time to change the tyres in rscenter and started this stage on wet gravel yet again, not good

ss6 made it onto dry tyres and it really didn't change anything, drove like a chicken with its head cut off.

ss7 and 8 were just a waste of time really but I figured more stuff for the replays.

Please guys, if you have replays you'd like me to include in the video please send em asap. elmomarty@bigpond.com With any luck we will have a possum bourne skin to use in the video as well, thanks Damien for that one.

On that cheery note

Goodnight one and all

Aussie Rally is finished. Sadly only 4 of us for most of the Rally with Glenn having to leave after halfway.

I enjoyed this one, really liked the Subaru, but some of the Stages were a bit scary. I had some Oops moments, but nothing too major, so most of my replays will be in John's dull and boring category. I did like the variety of the Stages though, it tested Rally skills fully.

Re the SS08 Mix Mod Stage in Japan, I also found it tricky. The gravel tyres seemed better, but it was still a compromise because gravel tyres were very understeery on the tarmac sections, resulting in a few drifts into the green stuff (but missing trees thankfully). What I did notice though, the pacenotes for that Stage seemed rather poor with some late calls for tighter than expected turns. I suspect that has contributed to people having more problems with this Stage.

Thanks to Damien and John (and Glenn for a while) for the TS chat, always have fun with that.

SS4 will go down in my mind as an all time great effort. Took me over 10 minutes to finish the stage, I used manual tyre selection in rscenter and forgot to change it from the last stage DOH !!!!!!!!! Ram into just about everything and ended up being stuck in 4th gear, went off and got help back on and car would not move, out of desperation I started flicking the gear levers and the car started rocking and then slowly started moving and we were away again must have sat there for a good 30 seconds until it moved. Got to the red sign for the finish and the engine was dying and it died just as I crossed the line

And The Spirit Of The Rally award goes to... :beer:

You finished it in 10:18, 4 seconds slower than the default time for the stage :)

Well done to Damien and Hampus for the podium.
Really unlucky for Dariusz, without that drop out in SS01, I think he would have won by a narrow margin, well driven Dariusz, the win is not far away. :thumb:

Also bad luck for Rick, with engine failure on the last Stage.

Special grats to Senad for his best result so far, and again, if not for his unlucky last Stage he was right in the mix. Looks like you are learning RBR very well Senad, just in time for the League too. :wink:

Thanks again to Senad for the slick work with Resuilts and Server, a huge help to me. :doublethumb:

Thanks to all who joined, I get the week off next week as Rick and Senad take over with Round 1 of the RD Rally Championship. Good luck to all. :ups:

So close and so far at the same time to win my 1st rally, don't know what is wrong with my game install, in off line mode works perfect but on line just closes the RS Center with some error message as soon as i get to the start of stage ( RBR still runs but with blackout screen ).
Really frustrating. ( Almost ) all my stages i run within a few sec. of my practice, if i did my ss1. around 3.40.. mark i would had won, if..if...if..if..lol.
I can accept a mistake on my part but when the game itself depraves me of a win i,m really angry ( i know i do it for fun but the competitive side of me also kicks in lol ) It will come one day..........lol.

I would love to join the rally championship but its not straight forward for me, i need to PM the organizers ( Warren or Senad ? ) before i sign up.

Well done to Warren for the win and to all who participated and thx again RD staff for this fun.

So close and so far at the same time to win my 1st rally, don't know what is wrong with my game install, in off line mode works perfect but on line just closes the RS Center with some error message as soon as i get to the start of stage ( RBR still runs but with blackout screen ).
RBR doesn't like alt+tabs. Have you tried running in window mode? That way the base game won't crash, you can restart RSCenter, and it might work.

I would love to join the rally championship but its not straight forward for me, i need to PM the organizers ( Warren or Senad ? ) before i sign up.

Rick Bamford is the organizer, I'm just helping with all the manual labour (sessions and results).

Feel free to PM me with any questions, but it's not that different from club rallies. It's on the same night even.

...don't know what is wrong with my game install, in off line mode works perfect but on line just closes the RS Center with some error message as soon as i get to the start of stage ( RBR still runs but with blackout screen ).

Daruisz, do you know what the message is saying?
It sounds like your game is dropping to desktop, and as Senad has said, RBR can't be Alt Tabbed back from desktop.
We need to find out why you are dropping to desktop, but it could be another programme causing it eg. a virus scan check and report, or a similar security programme. I always close my AV before running RSRBR2010, and I have also made exceptions in my AV config settings to prevent it checking RSRBR2010 or RBR.
Maybe also a firewall message or a UAC message (are you using Vista or Win 7 ?)

I also run my game in Windowed mode just in case of a problem needing an Alt Tab.

App.Name:rscenter 2010exe. App Version: 06.0.97 ModName: ntdll.dll
Mod Ver: 5.1.2600.5755 Offset: 0001621a and that it needs to close.

Thats the mess. Warren, there is much longer tech. report to that i have saved somewhere lol. I got that when the camera is just in the car about 2-3 sec from the start. It drops to desktop with this mess. but RBR 9dx still running ( blacked out ). I run custom resolution of 1680x1050 on oldish rig ( AMD 3 x 2.10GHz, 4 Gb of 800MHz RAM, 512 9800GT GC and WinXp ), no frame rate problems ( 60 at all times ).

I also run Game Booster ( i close all apart of ZoneAlarm, my modem, logitech profiler and sound card ) and all is open in ZA for RBR and rscenter.
I really have no idea what is doing that, there must be something, somewhere but i,m not that clever to track this problem.

Thx for any input.

Okay, just to keep you in the loop re the video. I am trying to wait for the skin but here is a taster from someone on stage 8 who went through a marshal and when I say through i really mean it. Check out the still shot at the end. Senad, this may or may not be you :p

More to come as soon as i can

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years