Rally - Possum Bourne Tribute - Mon 23rd & Tues 24th August 2010

Warren Dawes

Premium
RD Rally – “Possum Bourne Tribute”

Mon 23rd & Tues 24th August 2010

PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2010 UPDATE 05 (and Patch 01) IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT

Mainly Gravel Stages across Australia and Japan, driving the Subaru Impreza WRC 2000. Two Stages using the Mix Mod surface.

[
Possum-Bourne.jpg

Sessions: RD Possum Bourne EU / RD Possum Bourne US / RD Possum Bourne OC

NOTE: We may include additional timezone Rallys if requested.

Car Pack: A8W-00 ** (Note: All drivers must use the Subaru Impreza WRC 2000)

Damage: Reduced

Stage 01: Australia – Greenhills (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 02: Australia – Mineshaft II (Normal, Med Fog, Day)
Stage 03: Australia – East West (Normal, Damp, Day)
Stage 04: Australia – New Bobs II (Mix, Good, Day)
Stage 05: Japan - Noiker (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 06: Japan – Pirka Minoko (Normal, Cloudy , Day)
Stage 07: Japan – Tanner (Normal, Bad, Day)
Stage 08: Japan – Sipirkakim II (Mix, Good, Day)

Europe Start: 19:00 GMT Monday *
US Start: 02:00 GMT Tuesday (10:00pm EDST (USA) Monday )*
Oceania Start: 10:30 GMT Tuesday *
OCX Start: 22.30GMT Monday (8:30AM AEST Tuesday)

NOTE: The Europe Rally will start 19.00 GMT to allow for daylight savings times. The Oceania Rally will start 8.30PM AEST.

An additional Timezone Rally has been included, OCX, starting at 22.30GMT Monday.

** PLEASE NOTE: You must select the Subaru Impreza WRC 2000 from the car pack, and use this car for all Stages.

* EU, OC, and US events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2010 (updates 03, 04, and 05, and Patch 01) mod in order to participate, please see the
    installation
    and usage threads.
  • You will also require the Car Pack for A8W-00 .
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.

IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2010 Name)
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines to help you get up and running: Here and Here

Drivers:

Car Pack A8W-00, and please choose the Subaru Impreza WRC 2000.

1. Warren Dawes (WAD53) - Oceania
2. Damien Jones (DJones) - Oceania
3. Rick Bamford (Lucifer) - OCX
4. RobbKull(r27kul) - Europe
5. Cam Wedgwood (Wedge) - Oceania
6. Senad Subasic (mfodor) - Europe
7. John Low - elmomarty - Oceania
8. David Zafiu (David Zafiu ) - Europe
9. Dariusz Swiderski (swider) - OCX
10. Florin Palade (Mexer) - Europe
11. Lee Palmer (Mrtk56) - Europe
12. Ondrej Kapal (OKapal) - Europe
13. Jakub Sulej (RIVIVIED) - Europe
14. Hampus Jansson (HJansson) - Europe
15. Tomas Reinicke (ctbr) - Europe
16. Steve Bean (beany2009) - Europe
17. Łukasz Demolin (Maggot666PL) - Europe
18. Glenn Morris (Mozza) - Oceania

Overall Rally Results

20100823rdrallypossumbo.png

Our next Rally is open for sign-up.

This Rally is the third in a series of Tribute Rallys that we have been running regularly throughout the year. The aim is to honour various Rally Driving Legends, past and present, by driving cars symbolic to these drivers.

This is a Tribute Rally that I have wanted to run for some time. We will honour a legend in New Zealand and Australia, someone who may not be well known to the European members, Possum Bourne. Possum was not only a great Rally driver, multiple winner of the Australian and South Pacific Rally Championships, but he was one of those true characters who was loved by everyone.

Possum was a Subaru man during his Rally Career, so we will drive the car in which he won so many times, the Subaru Impreza WRC 2000. We should all find this car to be quick, but still quite nice to control. It is also the base car for RBR, so it should be familiar to most.

The Stages are designed to represent the Australian and South Pacific Rallys that Possum dominated for so many years. Therefore, I have chosen stages across Australia and Japan only. The weather is mostly mild, but fog and rain will make an appearance. I’ve also included two stages using the Mix Mod, as a test to see how you like it. For Australia, the Mix Mod seems to be a mix of two types of gravel, but for Japan it is a mix of gravel and tarmac, so check your tyre selection for that one (gravel tyres seemed better to me).

If requests are made for any additional timezones, we will try to include them ( but within the Monday/Tuesday periods).

Good luck all, and hope we see a good roll up.

Don’t forget to save your replays for the Rally video. Send your replays to John at elmomarty@bigpond.com . He is specially looking for those classic records of your epic crashes or any interesting or funny experiences. Or maybe you have a replay of a Stage you are especially proud of.

A little video to give you a taste of what is to come. And also a tribute video which tells the Possum Bourne Story.

And maybe one more:

You couldn't be an aussie rally fan and not just like this guy.

Sign me up please

John Low - elmomarty - OC ( I might run with rick tho, that fits in nicely with my schedule next week )

I'm back to the normal OC time please, forgot I have to see the podiatrist on tuesday. Don't know how I forgot, been seeing her every tuesday at 8.30 am for the last 10 months. DOH !!!!!

Videos of last rally are progressing, have edited half of the runs but had to goto work for the last 10 hours. I really need to win lotto so I can retire and do the video full time :) :)

Warren,

or anyone for that matter. Has anyone come across a possum bourne skin anywhere, I think it would be appropriate to run it on all the cars in the video.

And talking about that :) Part 1 from the last rally is uploading as I type, Part 2 is publishing and I will upload it right after this first one while I get some sleep. All things being equal they will both be up within the next 8 - 9 hours. I will post in the thread for that rally.

Cheers

Warren,

or anyone for that matter. Has anyone come across a Possum Bourne skin anywhere, I think it would be appropriate to run it on all the cars in the video.

John, I searched everywhere for a Possum Bourne Skin but no luck unfortunately.
The best I could come up with was the Burns one that I used for my Promo Video, it is pretty similar to the one Possum Bourne used.
Actually, the skin that Senad is using for the Rally League is very close, but it is only available for the Grp N Subaru.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back