Rally - Philippe Bugalski Tribute - Monday 8th & Tuesday 9th October 2012

Wow, big screw up on my behalf, somehow my brain read that the EUZ session would be at 18h00, therefore 20h00 server time. Thought I'd just double check and since I was completely wrong I will only be able to drive the original Europe Start.

Sorry organisers, and Viesturs hope you'll drive some other session with other people ;)

Just woke up and it turns out I dont have BTB_Spain :/ Hope I`ll get it on time.

EDIT: And now I just read that Daniel is not going to be there.. :sick:

SS1 - Slow but safe stage, went into spectators about 30m before finish line though.
SS2 - Liked it, kept it safe.
SS3 - Was going OK, I even started to drive faster because I finally was sure its FWD (Before I joined the rally this morning I was more than sure that Im going to drive an AWD car :D ). But then 2nd time the water barrels.. It was all fine just a half of my rear-right(..??.. I dont remember from which side you come into the barrel turn) wheel stepped on grass and under braking I spun with my front into the barrel - retired :(
SS4 - Even though I was pissed about previous stage, I wanted to try this BTB track out and it was awsome, I think it is the best tarmac stage. Well, czech stages are better but this one comes right behind them! Really loved it, probably a rubbish time but meh :)

Got quickly frustrated tonight, really prefer watching these cars on youtube than actually driving them :) a bad driving position really makes my back hurt so there is something to do in that area as well. Hope everyone else who has still to drive will enjoy it! Thanks to the organising team.

I wanted to have a nice Rally back when I fist saw the tread and even painted the car for a special ocation, but unfortunately some other races and commitments got in the way and I wasn't able to try the car until now.

So I got home running to get in time for the Rally, couldn't to practice, only to find out that I had the wrong screen resolution because I changed it the last time I played the game to take a picture, stage 1: not good, this car feels very strange and slow + the lag :( and the weird handling made it spin after spin on the tight corners
S2: A little bit better but still getting used to this, not able to push but ok.

S3: I can't believe how unstable this thing is on the bumps, was very close to going off several times, gravel in the middle didn't help either..

SS4: what a cool stage :thumbsup: cheers for choosing it, did a good 1st part only to make a mistake and loose some time hitting a wall

SS5. ran out of luck in the gravel, had a massive ammount of wheelspin and something broke because the car kept veering towards the right, very strange, crashed into some stupid spectators thanks to the wheelspin 30+ secs

SS6. Wheelspin, the experience, that's why I don't like 2WD cars very much, went off several times, car keeps going right, it must be the wheel

SS7. wheel is ok now, made a couple of mistakes

SS8. I crossed the line upside down as I rolled in the last corner and had a adramatic finish, really enjoyed this stage, good fun :) (maybe the only fun for me in the rally)

Well, a lot of mistakes but I guess that's what I could expect without even touching the car. Damn I miss some 4WD...

Cheers Warren, Senad, Roy & co. For the event, thanks!

Well that was a bit of fun, and thats about it really! Did'nt finish most stages as I'm pretty knackered after staring at computer screens doing CAD all day!

Was fun though even if I couldnt get used to how the car handled, was numb one minuet then really twitchy and kept pulling to one side without damage!

Thanks to all for putting it on though, like I said, I enjoyed it!

Sion

Did the same strategy as Sebastien Loeb did in the recently WRC France where he won, and it worked very well for me too :D.

Though the car is so scary on bumpy stages and can be extremely understeery, I still enjoyed this rally since I didn't had to take any unnecessary risks, I just kept it easy, neat and tidy on every corner, and it paid off :).

Good Luck to the guys for the next sessions! Thanks to Roy for the idea, Senad and Warren for the admin works.

Cheers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back