Rally - Phenomenal Phrenchman - Mon 10th & Tue 11th March 2014

I know your hurt Rhys, that session was going good until Hradek, and then it all turned to :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:.

I would post my round review here but my laptop overheated, just as I was going to post, so it all got lost.

fml.

who gets stuck on the rock 1 foot before the $%^@#% finish and has to CFH because it was too slippy to move...

megafp2.png

Nice battles with you though through some of the other stages though..

who gets stuck on the rock 1 foot before the $%^@#% finish and has to CFH because it was too slippy to move...

Tell me about it, my car stopped working 1 meter before the finish line. I was so close the finish line that from front bumper camera view I couldnt see the whole red flag thingy - only about half of it.. and had to retire because the car wasnt going to move further. Thats where I realized - I am not going to post my review of this rally :p I felt really sick yesterday and I still do so my pace was sh** anyway :)

Didnt expect to end up on a podium with a stage win. I and Andris were doing the EU session together while speaking in the skype and after the session those were my words that I think I could have gone for a couple of stage wins if only I didnt feel sick. Looks like I wasnt talking just some horsesh** :p Thanks for the rally and for the results, I didnt thought that I`ll be able to score another podium ever.. :p

By the way, Rhys, that time at Rally Poland is unbelievably good, well done mate :)

Well done, podium!
Nice battles again:)
Jack, what tires did you choose on SS1? I took the wrong ones:redface: but even with the right I only did a 4:06 or so in practice.
Hmm, nice to see I had no stage won once again, but did some 2nd or 3rd best stage times:rolleyes: Even on Hradek without that silly CFH it would've been good:confused: and still I change gears to early.

Thought gravel tyres were a better option for SS1, more important to be fast in those sections ;)

Thats what CZ plugin has taught us :p Started that stage really good but then at the 2nd lap I started to spin a lot. Overall did 4 spins in about 500 meters long distance.. :D

Today I opened CZ plugin to test this out and it seems that all these Hradek and Liptakov stages actually have no gravel surface where RSRBR has it. I wasnt sure about CZ plugin because I have mostly done those stages with gravel tyres since those are the only ones legal at Latvian Rally Championship. How can this be possible that the surface differs? :)

I always thought those sections were busted up tarmac with some gravel on them, but apparently not. I don't know if it was with rsrbr2014 or the updates they got changed. One of the Liptakov stages is still unchanged however. According to the guys at rallyesim, those were always supposed to be gravel.

? For me these are tarmac stages with a lot of dirt and gravel. Do what does this CZ plugin tell me?
I go for tarmac tyres whenever I have a long tarmac part.
Question: If I drive on (apparently) tarmac roads, what's the difference having gravel below the surface or not?
Still tarmac tyres will be the better choice. Not speaking of mixed stages like SS1.

I generally use the tyres for whatever has the less grip. gavel tarmac = gravel tyres. But this is always the choice you have to make yourself.

*** please remember for the C'ship that you will have to choose the tyres from one service to the next. For Norway it's no big deal its all snow. But my first ever rally I chose tarmac tyres because the first stage was tarmac. unfortunately the other 3 stages until the next service where all gravel... and I lost a load of time. Also to add to the pain the tops chaps whipped my sorry ass even on the 1st stage on gravel tyres.***

Goodluck

jc

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back