Rally - Only in America - Wed March 10, 2010 **RESCHEDULED**

Status
Not open for further replies.
All drivers please note: Change to Stage 01.

When I set the Server up, I was forced to change SS01 slightly (it wouldn't allow foggy conditions for Frazier Wells II). So, SS01 has been changed to :

Stage 01: USA – Frazier Wells II [Normal, Good, Day]

Also, PLEASE re-check the RD Passwords, they have been changed again recently.

• Andrew Dawes

dawesy (Andrew Dawes) Oceania

Looks like this is on in about 45mins.
I've just spent an hour working through the downloading and installing update 3, creating a new RSR account because the old one didn't work, setting up TS3, and fiddling with server time and cpu time to get it to accept my online request. If i make it to the start line it will be a miracle but i'll be back in 45mins to see if it works.

I guess for me wet gravel and Proto don't match :redface:. But was the first time when I reached 200 k/h more than one stage , great fun.I'll stick to my 2WD and 4WD group N .I killed 2 photographs and had one crash with some spectators cars.

The Oceania (and USA) Rally is done and dusted. Great to have Robb join us, pity he missed the TS chatter, some good stories shared.
Andrew takes the cake though, finding out as soon as the first stage started that he didn't have his Controller setup correctly, rummaging around for the gear change key was hard enough. However, running 10 stages cold, and having his pacenotes in French certainly provided a challenge. :eek: Great effort to finish the Rally under those conditions, Andrew, shows true committment. :thumbup:

I had a couple of wild moments, one massive barrell role across the desert at about 200 kph (and would you believe it, the car was still able to limp home to the finish, after the fans pushed the carcass back onto the track :tongue: ). I scared the hell out of the poor Rally Officials once by locking up entering the timing gate and having a massive four wheel slide sideways into their finishing station. oops!!. :rolleyes:

Well done to Damien, giving us all another driving lesson, nice driving mate. :cool:

So what's this RBR all about? Got a copy scheduled to arrive hopefully today. Tips for the underprivilaged openwheel focused driver would be appreciated.

Underdog..jpg
Underdog Racing

So what's this RBR all about? Got a copy scheduled to arrive hopefully today. Tips for the underprivilaged openwheel focused driver would be appreciated.

Hi Bob,
Welcome to RBR, the best Rally Sim available right now. We'd love to see you join our On-line Rallys when you can.

To get you started, hop over and read some of the stuff in the main RBR Forun here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/richard-burns-rally/

Lots of useful topics to help get you started there.
Especially these:
http://www.racedepartment.com/richard-burns-rally/20030-installing-rsrbr-2009-rsrbr-2010-mod.html

http://www.racedepartment.com/richard-burns-rally/20031-using-rsrbr-2009-rsrbr-2010-mod.html

This sim has a fairly steep learning curve but is very rewarding once you get used to Rally Driving techniques, veeeeerrrrryyyy different to driving a Open Wheeler. When you first install the basic game, make sure you do the Rally School, it's very helpful for later.

• Goran Gunjevic

This is how it went for me.
RSCenter wouldnt get me online, giving me errors and crap.
I was trying every 5 min for about half an hour.
Could be this bad snow blizzards we're having here in Europe, but my connection seemed ok.
Race department page wouldn open just until now. Anyone besides me had that ?
I'm really down right now, i was all excited about this event :(

Goran, any clue re what the error messages were saying? I just tried right now, and when I clicked RSCenter I got a message about an update and referring me to load the website. I just clicked yes and it loaded normally. I've seen this before when a new update is being planned but it always lets me load RSCenter.

The RD Forum has been working fine for me for a couple of hours, so maybe it is some connection problems at your end, dunno.
I have checked the results and Tomas was able to run the Rally, but I didn't see Yassen's name there either.

I could try to set up the European Rally again for Thursday if that suits for those who missed it. Or maybe you can try to join the US Rally later today. Let me know ASAP.

BTW, have you installed the previous Update 3?

• Goran Gunjevic

It was this. Play alone worked fine. I'm on update 3.
59070278.jpg

I cant join US rally. I'll get on the next regular one.

Very strange Goran, maybe local connection problem??

I can easily set up the Europe Rally for Thursday so you can have another go. I'll do that a little later, just let me know if you don't intend / or cant make it then.

Update for Goran, and anyone else who wants to run this Rally in Euro timezone.

Since Goran had connection problems, and maybe Yassen also missed it, I have set up the Server to re-run this Rally again Thursday March, 11, @ 20.00 GMT.
The new Server name is:

RD Only America 2 EU.

All parameters are identical to the original Rally (as per the top post).

If anyone else wants to have a run in this Rally thursday, please feel free to join, and I'll add your results to those already run. Just make sure that you advise your username details in this forum so that I can retrieve the results.

I had no problems to connect to the rally yesterday, but it felt a bit lonely....

The rally it self was a disaster, I hadn't tested much and I found the setup of the Delta difficult to handle.
So 2 DNF:s and I called for help 1-3 times per stage.

But still fun, and thanks for organizing this.

Update for Goran, and anyone else who wants to run this Rally in Euro timezone.

Since Goran had connection problems, and maybe Yassen also missed it, I have set up the Server to re-run this Rally again Thursday March, 11, @ 20.00 GMT.

Yes sorry I totally messed up the dates and thought it was today. Thank you very much for hosting another session, I'll be there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back