Rally - Old Swede - Mon 9th & Tues 10th August 2010

Warren Dawes

Premium
RD Rally – Old Swede

PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2010 UPDATE 05 (and Patch 01) IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT

All Gravel Stages in England and USA, driving the Volvo 242 LE

Old-Swede.jpg

Sessions: RD Old Swede EU / RD Old Swede US / RD Old Swede OC

NOTE: We may include additional timezone Rallys if requested.

Car Pack: A8_2 ** (All Drivers must select the Volvo 242 LE)

Damage: Reduced

Stage 01: England – Falstone (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 02: England - Chirdonhead (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 03: England – Shepherds Shield (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 04: USA – Frazier Wells (Normal, Cloudy, Day)
Stage 05: USA – Diamond Creek (Normal, Cloudy, Day)
Stage 06: USA – Prospect Ridge (Normal, Good , Day)
Stage 07: England – Chirdonhead II (Normal, Cloudy, Day)
Stage 08: England – Falstone II (Normal, Cloudy, Day)

Europe Start: 19:00 GMT Monday *
US Start: 02:00 GMT Tuesday (10:00pm EDST (USA) Monday )*
Oceania Start: 10:30 GMT Tuesday *

NOTE: The Europe Rally will start 19.00 GMT to allow for daylight savings times. The Oceania Rally will start 8.30PM AEST.

** PLEASE NOTE: You must drive the Volvo 242 LE in all Stages

* EU, OC, and US events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2010 (updates 03, 04, and 05, & Patch 01) mod in order to participate, please see the installation and usage threads.
  • You will also require the Car Pack for A8_2 .
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.

IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2010 Name)
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines to help you get up and running: Here and Here

Drivers:

Please Note: All drivers must drive the Volvo 242 LE.

1. Warren Dawes (WAD53) - Oceania Timezone
2. Rick Bamford (Lucifer) - Oceania Timezone
3. Tor Anders Berven (Totte) - Europe
4. Jakub Sulej(RIVIVIED) - Europe
5. RobbKull (r27kul) - Europe
6. Łukasz Demolin (Maggot666PL) - Europe
7. Tomas Reinicke (ctbr) - Europe
8. Senad Subašić (mfodor) - Europe
9. Damien Jones (DJones) - Oceania Timezone
10. Lee Palmer (Mrtk56) - Europe
11. Chris Butcher (SpeedDemon) - Oceania Timezone
12. Driver
13. Driver
14. Driver
15. Driver
16. Driver
17. Driver
18. Driver
19. Driver
20. Driver

Our next Rally is open for sign-up.

This Rally is something different, a timewarp back to the days of old school RWD Rallying. Thanks to Lukasz for the idea for this one.

We drive the old family car, converted to Rally specs. It’s heavy, not exceptionally fast, but very entertaining fun to drive. Be prepared to slide it around and control the steering with your right foot. This one requires old school rally driving techniques, no fancy 4WD this time, just classic RWD.

The Stages cover a selection from England and USA, and all will be Gravel. I have selected stages that are mostly free flowing but allow you to experience that terrific rear end drifting through the turns. Be careful though, the tail gets out easily and needs to be controlled, too much power or too much flick, and you’ll be facing the wrong way.
I've kept the weather very mild, to allow you to fully appreciate the fun of this car.

It is recommended that drivers take the Volvo for a practice run before running this Rally, it requires a different driving style to the usual 4WD cars, but hopefully, once you get used to it, you will love it.

If requests are made for any additional timezones, we will try to include them ( but within the Monday/Tuesday periods).

Good luck all, and hope we see a good roll up.
Put your hats on and enjoy the “Old Swede”.

Don’t forget to save your replays for the Rally video. Send your replays to John at elmomarty@bigpond.com . He is especially looking for those classic records of your epic crashes or any interesting or funny experiences. Or maybe you have a replay of a Stage you are especially proud of.
Please send only replays from Stages 1 & 6 though.

A little video to give you a taste of what is to come.

I'm in. Only downside is that I like to swerve left and right while driving the Volvo, which is not really the fastest way to complete a rally stage.

Ah well, I guess this time I should finally practice at least a bit to "burn off" the urge to slide and don't embarrass myself totally. And Warren, seeing how you usually drive rally cars I'm 100% sure it is me who will have to chase you and sweat while doing so :).

Łukasz Demolin (Maggot666PL) - EU Timezone

As a Swede i can't miss this! But I wish that there was a Saab 96 V4 in RBR

70racrallystigblomqvistboreini.jpg

This is actual my father together with Stig Blomqvist at the 1970 RAC rally so you can see from whom I got the interest in rally from.

Tomas Reinicke (ctbr) - Europe

This is actual my father together with Stig Blomqvist at the 1970 RAC rally so you can see from whom I got the interest in rally from.

Wow Tomas, the great Stig Blomqvist, no wonder you are a Rally enthusiast. You must be proud.
So !!!! We named this Rally after your father? :D:D:D

Only downside is that I like to swerve left and right while driving the Volvo, which is not really the fastest way to complete a rally stage.

Was there any other way to drive the Volvo?? :wink:
When testing for this Rally, I was driving the same way, whether I wanted to or not. :rolleyes: But, that was what I loved the most, once I managed to match the swaying with the turns, loool. :tongue:

Yes please!

Senad Subašić (mfodor)
EU, I hope :D

Tried the car, spun like crazy, but when I did get the feel for it, it was great. And the replays are brilliant :D.
Expecting a sub-par result though, my lead foot syndrome will kick in often.

EDIT: Wow, nice rally heritage there Tomas :o

I'll go with Eu for now but may have to change to OC again if thats ok?

I think the EU/OC/US division is primarily to see which sessions need to be created. Since there are always people in EU and OC, feel free to switch anytime.

EDIT: hope this cars gets used often, great fun :). Wish I had a decent wheel, and not this puny 180 degree total rotation one...

I gave the volvo a quick whirl over Frazier wells and when the time showed 3 minutes and I'd just managed to get down that long straight I just gave up. However, God help me but sign me up please

John Low - elmomarty - OC

Oh, and of course, replays appreciated and the full video from this rally will be ready on sunday midday following the rally. A short one may be up before that.

elmomarty@bigpond.com for your replays please

LOL, first somewhat clean run on Falstone, personal best. I'm guessing we didn't drive that stage much here :D

EDIT: here it is, in all it's glory. Keep in mind, that is my first successful attempt at finishing the stage, and I don't know it :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%