Rally - Old Swede - Mon 9th & Tues 10th August 2010

I was going nice and steady, thinking that people would surely have issues here and there. Was I wrong. At least half a minute per stage lost.
But still, was happy with my driving at least, not one call for help in the first 6 stages. :parrot:
Then one in SS7.
Then three in SS8... And all three within 30 seconds... Bloody hell... Lost close to 2 minutes there.

I've gotta learn to drive without those 3D signs. They are totally wrong on Falstone II, and I couldn't focus on just the voice with them flashing at the top.

Congrats fast guys, you know who you are. If Oceania ends up faster than that, I'm better off just hanging my wheel on the wall :D

Well just one spin and one missed junction, not TO bad!
But these cars need a lot of practice to drive fast without spinning, and I missed the handbrake sometimes :)
Great fun this sliding wide all over the road.

My results looked a bit strange for me so I post a screenshot of my times

OldSwede_ctbr.jpg

3rd Rally for me, had a good event. Finished all but the final stage where I retired due to a PC technical issue which is a big up :). Have never driven those American stages before and the first one (Frazier Wells) was awesome in the Volvo. I keep making small mistakes which cost me quite a bit of time as I go for a spin :p.

Thanks Warren and Senad for sorting this event out was a blast.

Hide the times :).

I'm now refreshing the results like a maniac, waiting for Jakub and praying that he won't be faster overall :p. Cars are a blast, I think that they are great at teaching how to drive calmly and cleanly, since it's easy to loose it going wide or a bit off.

EDIT: Yay, I've kept the Euro lead ;). But dang, while driving the recce I got a time about a second faster. Do I regret pushing too hard in this one corner...

All in all it feels great, I was really stressed at the start of almost every stage. Was close to doing the same mistake as Senad and having 3 CFHs instead of one. It's easy to loose temper when something goes awfuly bad near the end.

Yes, this was fun! I thought i had the controll until I rolled over and had to call for help. Lost the lead, but my calculations I could go all in and still have a chance, but last stage went very bad, misinterpeted a couple of notes, and got a couple of CHF's.... but good fighting Lukasz!

I was struck with awe watching how fast you guys went on some stages (eg. Fraizer Wells. I was shouting loud "This thing is insane!" While approaching the fast left after the long straight.). Sure, I was really brake-happy, but going at this pace in a competition... Nice skills, I need to practice more than mere 2hrs ;).

Warren, I'm strugling to get my RBR to work. I installed patch 1 but now its saying i don't have update 5. GRRRR. I'll keep trying but I might not make it

*EDIT think I've sorted it*

That was lots of fun, like trying to row a boat around the Stages but huge fun.
I couldn't unlock the secret to driving it fast, but at least I had mostly clean Stages.
Well done to Rick for setting the Aussie pace. Only Damien, Rick and I on TS this time, but we had a few laughs.

Thanks guys. :D

Rotten luck there Chris, you obviously have something wrong there mate. Any chance you have a Virus Scanner interfering? Maybe try re-installing Update 5 and Patch 01 again.

Overall Rally Results

20100809rdrallyoldswede.png

Congrats Rick, Lukasz and Warren, again sooo close between 2nd and 3rd :eek:

Stage wins:
Tor Anders Berven - 5 stage wins :star::star::star::star::star:
Rick Bamford - 2 stage wins :star::star:
Lukasz Demolin - 1 stage win :star:

Consistency won here. Great rally for Tor, 5 stage wins, but one bad stage meant 5th in the end. Bad luck there.

The stage times were incredibly close sometimes, check out SS3, only 0.10s between 1st and 2nd, and the gap from 1st to 4th is just 1.65s :eek:

Thanks Warren for organizing the rally, and Lukasz for the great car suggestion :). I loved it.

Click on the attached thumbnail for a better view.

Attachments

• 2010-08-09 RD Rally – Old Swede.png
    2010-08-09 RD Rally – Old Swede.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 210
Daaaaang! This roll cost me a victory. Great fun nevertheless. And the funny thing is I got an SS win on the stage where I spun out (did a perfect yet unintentional altonen :)). Also ridiculously small gap between Warren and me.

Thank you Warren and Senad for the organization. Looking forward to more rallying in ye olde Swede :]. Congrats to Rick for holding it all together through the entire rally.

BTW: I gave the Bimmer a shot and it wasn't as bad as you made it look like, Warren. It's certainly more powerful, so it requires an extra level of care, but it's fun too IMHO.

WOW

Really didn't think that would be the case. Sorry, Lulasz.

Great Rally again Warren, truely think we should have more RWD events. To be honest, I put a lot of time in in this car this week. I started out just doing a couple of stages to get a setup and just kept going because it is just so much fun to drive.

Didn't like it at all, miles away from everybody :( . Well that's it, me and the rear wheels didn't get along. See you next event.

I'm miles away too, but I did have fun sliding around :)

Also, I expected the USA stages to be really hard. Hadn't tried them with the Volvo at all, but it turns out I enjoyed them the most, barely any mistakes.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 327 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 218 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%