Rally - Olé - Monday 11th & Tuesday 12th July 2011

I have to say that rally was quite enjoyable and the Spanish stages made a pleasant change. I'm also pretty pleased with my pace there which was only hindered by my car's love of hitting scenery items. :tongue:

Would love to see some of these stages put into native format and used more often, although a few minor bugs and varying grip levels would need to be address in my opinion.

Pleased with the turn-out for "my" rally :) And it was actually as good as - or even better - thn I imagined when the idea first occured to me :) Thanks again to Warren and Senad for making it come true :)

Car shut off on ss3 and I couldn't figure out how to start engine....

If it's going to start, neutral and press the throttle, sometimes it's flooded and it takes a few goes other times it just doesn't start again. :frown:

Pete

Car shut off on ss3 and I couldn't figure out how to start engine.....

Pete has pretty much explained it, but also make sure you have mapped a button or keystroke to "Ignition" under Options/Controllers.
Sometimes you can get it started by just pressing the accelerator, but often you need to drop it to neutral, then hit the Ignition button (may take a couple of goes).
If all that doesn't work, you probably have killed the engine.

Congratulations Ben. :thumb:
Typical of Ben though, waltz in here for his first Rally, and pinches our silverware. Geez, I'll bet we will be sorry letting him win first up, we'll never hear the end of it.
Note to self: Up the difficulty level for his next rally. :tongue:

Well done to Norman and Damien for the podium. :doublethumb:
Norman is on a roll now and has been threatening the Podium, next up will be the win, hey Norman. Someone take away his biscuits. :tongue:
Nice to see Damien back to his old form too, just warming up for Team Australis now. :wink:

Stage wins were nicely spread around.

Big welcome to Daniel O for his first rally, hope you had fun and will be joining us regularly. :welcome:

Thanks to Roy for the top ideas for this one, it was a success, I think. :) :thanks:
Thanks again to Senad for his faultless admin organisation. :thanks:

The Rally Club gets a break next week for the RDRC S3 Opening Round in snowy Norway, good luck all.

I think it may be time after that to hold another Round of our twice yearly Group N Team Challenge between the Europeans and the Colonials, especially since the Europeans seem to be running hot right now. Maybe this time they can try to wrest the bragging rights from the unbeaten Colonials in this one. :tongue: :ups:

smiley-good-post-sign.gif
Wozza :)

Congrats to Ben, Norman and Damien. But I would also like to congratulate Nigel Atkins who took the win on Stage 8 and wiped the floor with us. I always thought that I'm better on longer stages and I took the win on one of the shortest ones. :D

congrads to the podium winners, and a big congrads to norman for NOT getting nocked off the podium:tongue:
Im amazed with the fun i had, after a quick run through the other day i thought most of the stages were poo, but after driving them a little more serious last night found that they were alot of fun to drive and well made (with the exception of a few missing pace notes on SS8 ).
So as allways i had a great time chatting with all the OC boys and rallying with RD.

Congrats the the new faces at the top of the list, think we're going to have some battles developing over the coming months. I'm quite surprised at where I finished give the first two stages.

As usual, thanks to the organizers for putting on the event - agree with Warren, it was a success and I hope it's repeated (well some of the stages!!) in the future.

Pete

Yes, it was an extremely fun rally! My first simrace ever =)
And I hope it will be many many more!
Sadly I was on a keyboard so I think it would be at least twice as fun with a steering wheel.
The worst part when you drive with a keyboard is when you damage the steering xD happend twice during the rally but managed to do some heavy button spamming and completed the stages. Anyway really nice one and congratz to the winners! Looking forward to the next! :)

Danne

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back