Rally - NGP AWD Testing - Mon 13th & Tue 14th October 2014

Roy Magnes

Gentleman Driver
Premium
NGP AWD TEST

Monday 13th & Tuesday 14th October 2014

REMEMBER THAT RSRBR 2014 - update 06 is required for this event.

Testing our new car classes competetively for the first time

360487222_41626d6adf.jpg
Sessions: RD NGP Test EUX / RD NGP Test EU / RD NGP Test US / RD NGP Test OC
We may include additional time zone Rallys if requested.
If you request an additional session to be created, please sign up and make the request at least 12 hours before the requested start time so that we have time to see the request and create the session. Late requests will only be created if the rally club admins sees it in time, and have the possibility to create the session(s) in question. All sessions marked with a star ( * ) will be made regardless of entries.

Car Pack: NGP AWD_1 or NGP AWD_2 (Included in update 06)
Damage: Reduced

SS01: England - Chirdonhead - Gravel - Wet - Day
SS02: England - Loch Ard - Gravel - Damp - Day
SS03: World Stages - Northumbria - Gravel - Dry - Day
SS04: World Stages - PTD Rallysprint - Gravel - Dry - Day
SS05: France - Joux Plane - Tarmac - Dry - Day
SS06: Finland - Autiovaara - Snow - Dry - Day
SS07: USA - Frazier Wells - Gravel - Dry - Day
SS08: Super Stages - ROC 2008 - Tarmac - Dry - Day

EUX Start: 16:00 GMT Monday *
Europe Start: 19:00 GMT Monday *
US Start: 02:00 GMT Tuesday (10PM Eastern (USA), 8PM Mountain Time, Monday) *
Oceania Start: 09:30 GMT Tuesday (8:30 PM EDST) *

All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can run as many sessions you like. However, only the first you did reach split 1 on one of the stages will count!

RALLY NOTES:
· Please sign up in the following format: RD Name - RSRBR2014 Name - Session.
· Click here to read the password!
· You will require the RSRBR 2014 mod, with Update 06 to be able to race!
· You will also require the NGP4Public patch.
· Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.
· Take a screenshot of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
· You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
· If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines and links to help you get up and running: Here
· IMPORTANT! Update 06 has been released, please ensure you have it installed before heading out to the stages!
- The NGP4Publich patch is nececcary to use the NGP cars online. Open RSCentre as normal, go to Public, then double-click the patch and keep that window open in the background while driving.

Last edited:
Drivers: Choose any car from the NGP AWD-packs.
  1. Robin Kraak - Yskonyn - EU
  2. Corey Twyman - the__flash - EU
  3. Roy Magnes - Roy Magnes - EUX (?)
  4. Torbjørn Withbro - torwith- EU
  5. Daniel Monteiro - Daniel Monteiro - EUX
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver

Last edited:
The later parts of 2014 has given us the wonderful NGP physics for the game, with a handfull of new cars to handle. This week we'll make use of the AWD cars of the update, running on fast, flowing stages. Remember to keep the NGP4Public open in the background when driving, or else the cars won't move an inch!

General RBR Club Rally Rules:
1. You need to be a licensed member to take part in this event. Gaining a license is a very easy thing to do. Just click here and you will get a license for in a day or two!

2. As always, Club Events are for casual fun racing. It's always great fun to be fastest, and win. But this is not the main thing to achieve in Club Events. The club events are for developing your skills and test new cars and stages.

3. The usual RaceDepartment rule do apply. You need to keep two wheels on the road. Even though this is a rally game. We will not check this on replays, but for yourself, and all the other drivers please follow this rule.

4. RaceDepartments Terms of Service do apply. If you haven't read it, or don't remember the 19 points of the ToS. Please read it again.

5. If you feel the need to contact anyone about something that's happened on the forum or on the stages for some reason, you can always report the post. Or you can send a Private Message to either Ole Marius Myrvold or Roy Magnes (by clicking on the link in the names).

6. The RBR Club Staff reserve the right to ban any person from driving in the Rally Club. The time of the ban will differ from each situation. You can still be banned from the RBR Club, even though you do not lose your RD License, but you cannot drive if you don't have a license.

7. As this is not a circuit, there is no possible way for one driver to affect another during the events. By such, there should not be any reason for drivers to be angry with one eachother after a rally. A good rule is to read through your post before posting it. If it comes across as angry, or full of sarcasm. It might be good idea to wait some more minutes to post. Remember the general RD rule: " Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. This means you may not personally attack other forum users. malicious behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated. If there is a problem report it to the staff."

DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES:

1. These cars are AWD, and some are more powerful than others. The new physics have added more weight to the cars than they had before, so they do handle accordingly. It takes a few stages to get used to, so a test run or two before the start is adviced.

2. RBR Pacenotes are designed for default cars, Normal conditions and Good weather. Please remember to adjust your speeds to suit these cars.

3. Tyre selections are the drivers responsibility. If you use the automatic tyre selection option in RSRBR2013, please beware that sometimes it may give you the wrong tyre for the conditions. Always double check your tyres, it is critical, especially for Snow Stages.

4.Please ensure to install the all the packs needed. Everything needed is linked to in blue in the opening post!

5.There is a NEW password for both the servers(sessions) and teamspeak. Please check it outhere!

6.Please report any problems caused by the stages, or the inability to make sessions, posts and times right from the Rally Club Staff!

If requests are made for any additional timezones, or changes to Start times to better suit your local needs, we will try to include them ( but within the Monday/Tuesday periods).

And with this post! The sign up is open! We wish everyone the best of luck! And hope that no one gets in any trouble!

Last edited:
2hi32fm.jpg

Stage wins:
Jonatan Åcerclinth - 4 stage wins
Roy Magnes - 2 stage wins
Keegan Buckley - 1 stage win
Torbjørn Withbro - 1 stage win

Congratulations to Torbjørn, Keegan and Jonatan on the podium, well done! Thank you to everyone who participated, you all make these rallys worth the effort of creation :)
Next week we will celebrate a legend of the sport, tune in later for the details :)

Last edited:
I removed the teaser-video from the opening post when I re-made it. Here the video is again, if you wish to see one (bad) example of driving the NGP :)

A lot of CFH on different stages, but the car felt really nice to drive on gravel! if somehow felt a bit down on power compared to the original Impreza 00 of the game, in my opinion. Also , the basic setup (or just the physics really) are well different, it is noticeable.
It felt a bit more slippery on tarmac, and VERY slippery on snow compared to the original physics.

It actually almost feels like a new game, if it weren't for the sounds. Thanks guys for organizing this! :)

Yes, I made the mistake of making all stages run on dry conditions this time... Bah...
Still, it could have been worse ;)

For some reason, my RSCentre-clock was off by 4 minutes, so I missed the start of ss1. After that I started chasing down Daniel in my Audi, and took huge chunks of time on the longer stages. I finished 30 seconds behind, so I am pretty satisfied with that.

All the cars have gotten a lot of extra weight, so they feel slower and lazier than the regular ones. Specially on tarmac this is a difficult feature to get used to, but I really enjoy driving these cars.
That Audi Quattro A2 is loads of fun to throw around, specially on the loose surfaces :)
I'll try to make a video of my run, I saved a few replays with action :)

I drove the Hyundai WRC... was strange to drive.Good on gravel but felt very slippery on joux plane (tarmac dry).. Was like driving with winter tires on dry sommer tarmac. Snow stage on my run had gravel graphic.Those who made snow physics havent driven much on snow. Was weird... Some CFH in this rally for me..

Fun anyway.. Some good fighting with "the flash" Corey on some stages :thumbsup: Both dudes with pedal to metal and off-road expeditions:rolleyes:

Good on gravel but felt very slippery on joux plane (tarmac dry).. Was like driving with winter tires on dry sommer tarmac. .Those who made snow physics havent driven much on snow. Was weird...

You have made me curious.

That sounds like it is part of your everyday life to drive a 300 hp all wheel drive WRC car at 150 kph on studded snow tyres through the forest.

As I always want to improve, please tell us the details on how this feels in reality. ;)
And, if you don't bother, some details of your impressions on the other surfaces as well.

Cheers,
WorkerBee (the dumb physics creator)

Maybe none of us are used to driving 90's WRC cars on snow... but at least some might drive on snow during half of the year. I don't have much experience, but i guess the first impression was the shock between the difference in grip and car behaviour between the original and these physics.

The cars felt too snappy with the rear end, but again it might happen a lot with that much power. But the studded tires used on rally are surprisingly grippy.
Having only driven a car very low on power (Fiesta R1), I can't really compare; but the word going around the service park all the time is that they actually grip better than gravel tires do on gravel. Here we're talking narrow snow tires with either 7 or 8 mm long studs, which i think were used earlier in the WRC (and are used nationally in Norway at least), but nowadays the snow tires are wider and have 6mm long studs if i am not mistaken. There was a good comparison this year when Mads Østberg drove the Mountain Rally with WRC-spec tires in his Citroën WRC while Pontus Tidemand used the national-spec tires on his Fiesta WRC. Even if Mads was opening the road, Pontus' times were considerably better despite the stages not being that long.

Another think that came as shocking to me is the huge difference in grip once you leave the ruts created by the drivers; it resulted in me understeering into a snowbank at around 30 or 40 kph. But i guess that is something that cannot be programmed in RBR.

I don't know if it's possible to change the influence of snowbanks; they are basically useless in the original game since you can plow through all of them. Did i get a feeling that "your snowbanks" are "harder" and "suck cars in" ?

These are just my two cents, @WorkerBee, don't know how this can help. But i hope you get more feedback; there's a good amount of Nordic bilcross/folkrace drivers here :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 40.0%