Rally - Neal Bates Tribute- Monday 2nd & Tuesday 3rd May 2011

SS01 – A few mistakes, + a couple of spins, costed me a lot of time.

SS02 – A roll... and in a hairpin slowly offtrack and downhill.
SS03 - A nice and clean stage :D
SS04 - Idem!
SS05 – Very cool stage in this conditions, had lots of fun here!!! Almost no mistakes!
SS06 – One of my favorite stages in RBR, but i rolled the car...:S
SS07 - Started very well, but after a mistake i pushed to much and crashed very bad, but still brought the car home, with a lot damage...:p ;)
SS08 - Very nice stage, 1 spin, for the rest very clean!

Thx for this event :D, looks like there is another dutch rally fan driving here mr. Sneep?

I had alot of fun, had 2 offs in different stages, one of which would have probably ended the stage for me in japan :p

But was good playing and chatting with the boys in team speak, it added to the fun a bit chatting between stages and i had a ball!

Thanx all and see you at the next club rally

A really enjoyable Rally for me. Firstly due to having a good group in our Session, I think 6 drivers, and with 4 of us on Teamspeak, it added a lot to the fun and atmosphere. :)
Secondly, I just loved the Corolla, the more I drove it, the better it felt. :love: Thanks to Al for helping me with developing setups that made it more stable, I felt like I could push it harder with more confidence.

Not too many mistakes tonight, nothing horrible, probably the worst being that I missed the hairpin right hander at Chirdonhead (in the dark) and had reverse back up the road to find the turn, but at least this time I went the right way when I found it. :rolleyes:

Had some close racing with Jeremy all Rally, with Al showing a hugely improved performance in only his second Rally, including a win at Diamond Creek II in our session.

Big thanks to Damien, Jeremy, and Al, for the TS company, it was great to talk about setups after the Rally too. :thanks:

Looked like Robb had some problems with car selection, he kept showing up in a Skoda, even after changing to the Corolla for Stage 2, so I assume Robb encountered a srange bug with his installation. :confused:

I'm away for a couple of weeks from Friday, so hopefully I'll see you when I return.

Great rally, the stages were brilliant and the crew in teamspeak were great and it was nice to meet Jeremy and Damien for the first time.

Happy with how I went for my first proper gravel rally, a couple of small off's on the first two stages but bounced back with an OC stage win on one of the USA stages which was a bonus. Japan I split the radiator but nursed it to the end of the stage. The two British stages went okay but I need more experience on them and I really enjoyed Joux Plane in the gravel.

All in all a thoroughly enjoyable rally and I'm looking forward to my first round of the RD Rally Championship next week at the Mont Blanc Tarmac event.

Cheers Al

Never the less my wrong car choice on first SS and my illness, my power supply fan on my PC decided to die right before the begining of the race, so I preferred to CFH :) and only now I'm in OK status, technical speacking :). I'll see you next time, hope 100% fit.
No bug Warren, the RSRBR is oke!

Rally results

Overall Rally Results

Congrats Simone, John and Warren :trophy:

Stage wins:
Simone Demi: 4 stage wins :star::star::star::star:
John Cunningham: 1 stage win :star:
Warren Dawes: 1 stage win :star:
Dubravko Sparovec: 1 stage win :star:
Ole Marius Myrvold: 1 stage win :star:

Thanks to everyone who joined, and to Warren for setting it up :thanks:

See you all next week for round 6 of the Rally Championship :rally:

Congratulations Simone, I expected you to dominate again in the Corolla (it was very similar to your favourite S2000 Cars :) ), but at least we are getting closer to challenging you. :rolleyes:

Well done too to John, a very good consistent set of times. :thumb:

Only 3 mins separating the top 9 places shows a much closer Rally, good to see. :D

Big welcome to Gerben and Pete :welcome::welcome:, their first Club Rally, hope to see you for our future Club Rallys.

Thanks to Senad for his Server setups and results, despite his illness, true dedication to our cause. :pray: :thanks:
Thanks also to Damien for the Banner and to all who joined.

I'm off to the Aussie Outback on Friday for a couple of weeks, so Senad will design something sinister for the next Club Rally, hoping you are well again soon mate.

Good luck to all participating next week in the RDRC. :ups:

Congrats to the podium places and thanks to everyone involved in the organisation. Great experience for me and lots to learn about the stages and work to be done on the pacenotes.

Will be back next week, only way forward now is UP !!:):):)

Pete

Congratz Podium :D

Good to see i can drive times that can compete with the fast guys here, i almost got a scratch on SS3 :D on my first RBR event at RD. I lost a sh*tload time at SS7 i see now, more than a minute...:p

thx guys, looking forward to the next one, or maybe compete in the RD championship?!?;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 314 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%