Rally - Mystery Train - Mon 11th & Tue 12th August 2014

Roy Magnes

Gentleman Driver
Premium
Mystery Train

Monday 11th & Tuesday 12th August 2014

REMEMBER THAT RSRBR 2014 - update 05 is required for this event.

Lancer Evo3 into the unknown!

caravan-train-part-1-top-gear-bbc-4OHZp9!fo7nWzr4.jpg
Sessions: RD Mystery EUX / RD Mystery EU / RD Mystery US / RD Mystery OC

We may include additional time zone Rallys if requested.
If you request an additional session to be created, please sign up and make the request at least 12 hours before the requested start time so that we have time to see the request and create the session. Late requests will only be created if the rally club admins sees it in time, and have the possibility to create the session(s) in question. All sessions marked with a star ( * ) will be made regardless of entries.

Car Pack: A8_3
Damage: Reduced

SS01: Top Secret
SS02: Top Secret
SS03: Top Secret
SS04: Top Secret
SS05: Top Secret
SS06: Top Secret

EUX Start: 16:00 GMT Monday *
Europe Start: 19:00 GMT Monday *
US Start: 02:00 GMT Tuesday (10PM Eastern (USA), 8PM Mountain Time, Monday) *
Oceania Start: 09:30 GMT Tuesday (8:30 PM EDST) *

All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can run as many sessions you like. However, only the first you did reach split 1 on one of the stages will count!

RALLY NOTES:
· Please sign up in the following format: RD Name - RSRBR2014 Name - Session.
· Click here to read the password!
· You will require the RSRBR 2014 mod, with Update 05 to be able to race!
· You will also require the A8_3 carpack to be able to race!
· Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.
· Take a screenshot of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
· You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
· If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines and links to help you get up and running: Here
· IMPORTANT! Update 05 has been released, please ensure you have it installed before heading out to the stages!

Drivers! Remember to choose the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo3!
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver

Taking the new Mitsubishi Lancer Evo3 on board the mystery train, going into stages that is not known until you are there!

General RBR Club Rally Rules:
1. You need to be a licensed member to take part in this event. Gaining a license is a very easy thing to do. Just click here and you will get a license for in a day or two!

2. As always, Club Events are for casual fun racing. It's always great fun to be fastest, and win. But this is not the main thing to achieve in Club Events. The club events are for developing your skills and test new cars and stages.

3. The usual RaceDepartment rule do apply. You need to keep two wheels on the road. Even though this is a rally game. We will not check this on replays, but for yourself, and all the other drivers please follow this rule.

4. RaceDepartments Terms of Service do apply. If you haven't read it, or don't remember the 19 points of the ToS. Please read it again.

5. If you feel the need to contact anyone about something that's happened on the forum or on the stages for some reason, you can always report the post. Or you can send a Private Message to either Ole Marius Myrvold or Roy Magnes (by clicking on the link in the names).

6. The RBR Club Staff reserve the right to ban any person from driving in the Rally Club. The time of the ban will differ from each situation. You can still be banned from the RBR Club, even though you do not lose your RD License, but you cannot drive if you don't have a license.

7. As this is not a circuit, there is no possible way for one driver to affect another during the events. By such, there should not be any reason for drivers to be angry with one eachother after a rally. A good rule is to read through your post before posting it. If it comes across as angry, or full of sarcasm. It might be good idea to wait some more minutes to post. Remember the general RD rule: " Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. This means you may not personally attack other forum users. malicious behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated. If there is a problem report it to the staff."

DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES:

1. A8 cars are the precedors to the WRC cars, using a 300 bhp engine and 4WD. The cars are quite powerful, but with the older 4WD systems was giving limited traction compared to the newer ones, so expect some sideways action!

2. RBR Pacenotes are designed for default cars, Normal conditions and Good weather. Please remember to adjust your speeds to suit these cars.

3. Tyre selections are the drivers responsibility. If you use the automatic tyre selection option in RSRBR2013, please beware that sometimes it may give you the wrong tyre for the conditions. Always double check your tyres, it is critical, especially for Snow Stages.

4.Please ensure to install the all the packs needed. Everything needed is linked to in blue in the opening post!

5.There is a NEW password for both the servers(sessions) and teamspeak. Please check it out here!

6.Please report any problems caused by the stages, or the inability to make sessions, posts and times right from the Rally Club Staff!

If requests are made for any additional timezones, or changes to Start times to better suit your local needs, we will try to include them ( but within the Monday/Tuesday periods).

And with this post! The sign up is open! We wish everyone the best of luck! And hope that no one gets in any trouble!

11ky1k3.jpg

Stage wins:
Roy Magnes - 3 stage wins
Torbjørn Withbro - 2 stage wins
Jonatan Åcerclinth - 1 stage win

Congratulations to Torbjørn on the win, and thank you to all who participated!
I promise to put up the details of next weeks rally during tomorrow, I really do!

Last edited:
Can anyone please give me a dropbox link to the car pack, I can't download it after getting the update done! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I was doing well until the final 2 stages... Put the car on the side twice, head on collision with a tree twice, and a spin on SS5, then I killed the invisible man on SS6 to top it off :p
Really enjoyable car, nice to see that we were quite close on most of the stages aswell :)
Until this time yesterday I had no idea what stages we were using, as I just picked random ones when creating the sessions. Turned out quite well in the end.

Was having a resonable run through all the stages but going into SS5 I knew that it was going to be my joker, either I'd do a good time to go out flying, and that I did......... The latter that is.........

Going into the first turn I only had the in-game notes and I took the last crest as the first so as I lifted over that crest the road went right 25 meters after, instead of the 150-ish from the first crest, and as you know, when you're in the air you can't really change your projectory....... big roll and into the fence locking the gear box in 3rd gear..... Realized very quickly that the full stage wouldn't be done in a quicker way than the default with that kind of damage so retired and then drove in anger on the last stage setting a PB time with the A8 cars (default setup PB, gone quicker with the ST165 with specific setups) :whistling:

I was doing well until the final 2 stages... Put the car on the side twice, head on collision with a tree twice, and a spin on SS5, then I killed the invisible man on SS6 to top it off :p
Really enjoyable car, nice to see that we were quite close on most of the stages aswell :)
Until this time yesterday I had no idea what stages we were using, as I just picked random ones when creating the sessions. Turned out quite well in the end.

I was stressed by your pace at the beginning of stages :confused: So pushed real good on ss5 and ss6. Looking forward to final standing.we 3 were close on OC run. Never driven evo 3 before. Fun car with good power but bad brakes..

I was stressed by your pace at the beginning of stages :confused: So pushed real good on ss5 and ss6. Looking forward to final standing.we 3 were close on OC run. Never driven evo 3 before. Fun car with good power but bad brakes..
The car was released to RSRBR with the update we had now, so no wonder you haven't driven the car before :p
I had a very good pace on the first few stages when I got to know the car, but I really messed up big time on the two final ones :p Really awesome with these close fights, it increases the intent to drive fast :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%