Rally - Mudslide Mania - Mon 7th & Tues 8th June 2010

Warren Dawes

Premium
RD Rally - Mudslide Mania

PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2010 UPDATE 04 IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT

Mix of tracks on gravel, but with some wet weather - WRC 05 Cars - Ford Focus; Citroen Xsara; Subaru Impreza; Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 9; Peugeot 307; Skoda Fabia

RD-Mudslide-Mania.jpg

Sessions: RD Mudslide EU / RD Mudslide US X / RD Mudslide US / RD Mudslide OC

NOTE: We may include additional timezone Rallys if requested.
An additional US X timezone Rally has been included following a request.

Car Pack: A8W-05 (Must select Car choice on sign-up) **

Damage: Reduced

Stage 01: Australia - Greenhills (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 02: France - Bisanne (Gravel, Light Fog, Day)
Stage 03: Japan - Pirka Minoko (Normal, Damp, Day)
Stage 04: USA - Frazier Wells (Normal Bad Day)
Stage 05: USA - Prospect Ridge II - (Normal, Bad, Day)
Stage 06: England - Falstone II (Normal, Bad, Day)
Stage 07: England - Harwood Forrest (Normal, Bad Day)
Stage 08: Australia - Mineshaft (Normal, Good, Day)

Europe Start: 19:00 GMT Monday *
US Start: 02:00 GMT Tuesday (10:00pm EDST (USA) Monday )*
Oceania Start: 10:30 GMT Tuesday *
US X Start: 21.30 GMT Monday *

NOTE: The Europe Rally will start 19.00 GMT to allow for daylight savings times. The Oceania Rally will start 8.30PM AEST.

** PLEASE NOTE: 1. To help ensure a more mixed car selection, please select a car from the available list in the Sign-Up post (below). Initially only three of each car will be available, so first in best dressed. All cars are closely matched in performance.

2. To mix things up a little more, all drivers must select a different car to the one they drove last rally (Gravel Mix)

* EU, OC, and US events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2010 (updates 03 and 04) mod in order to participate, please see the
    installation
    and usage threads.
  • You will also require the Car Pack for A8W-05.
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.
  • Choose a car from A8W-05 Pack from the available list on sign-up.
IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2010 Name)
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines to help you get up and running: Here and Here

Drivers: Please select your car choice from the list available.

NOTE: Drivers must select a different car to the one they drove last Rally (Gravel Mix)

1. Ford Focus WRC 2005 - Glenn Morris (Mozza) - Oceania
2. Ford Focus WRC 2005 - Steve Emmons (dratpons) - Europe
3. Ford Focus WRC 2005 - Nigel Atkins (Marmiteman) - Europe
4. Peugeot 307 WRC 2005 - John Low (elmomarty) - Oceania
5. Peugeot 307 WRC 2005 - Warren Dawes (WAD53) - Oceania
6. Peugeot 307 WRC 2005 - Cam Wedgwood (Wedge) - Oceania
7. Subaru Impreza WRC 2005 - Eddie Mann (EddieX NZX) - Oceania
8. Subaru Impreza WRC 2005 - Rick Bamford (lucifer) - Oceania
9. Subaru Impreza WRC 2005 - Łukasz Demolin (Maggot666PL) - Europe
10. Skoda Fabia WRC 2005 - Mark A Warmington (Mark Warmington) - Europe
11. Skoda Fabia WRC 2005 - Ondrej Kapal (OKapal ) - Europe
12. Skoda Fabia WRC 2005 - Ramon van Rijn (Wizard) - Europe
13. Citroen Xsara WRC 2005 - RobbKul(r27kul) - Europe
14. Citroen Xsara WRC 2005 - Tomas Reinicke (ctbr) - Europe
15. Citroen Xsara WRC 2005 - Ryan Callan (Redhawk) - US X
16. Mitsubishi Lancer WRC 05 - Damien Jones (DJones) - Oceania
17. Mitsubishi Lancer WRC 05Senad Subasic (mfodor) - Europe
18. Mitsubishi Lancer WRC 05 - Driver

Our next Rally is open for sign-up.

This time we continue the theme from last Rally but with an additional twist, just to add to the fun (I hope). We stay with WRC cars (A8W-05), they are fast and a delight to drive but you will need a patient and smooth right foot.
As an added twist, we have included lots of wet weather. This will make it a rather challenging Rally for newcomers, but if you drive carefully and don't try to push too hard, you should find it very enjoyable.
In addition, you must select your car from the available list in the sign-up, so early sign-ups get a bigger choice of cars. Don't worry, all cars are closely matched in performance, but may have slightly different handling characteristics. The Stages are varied to help even out any handling variations too.
However, for those who drove the last Rally, Gravel Mix, you must now choose a different car this time.

We will visit a mix of Countries, but all will be gravel conditions.

Based on feedback from drivers, we have stayed with the changed Race Night for this one. Europe and USA will be Monday night, and Oceania will be Tuesday night. If this continues to be favourable, we will retain this for future Rallys.

Good luck all, and hope we see a good roll up. :rally:

Credit for the great Event banners goes to Damien, an artist at work. :cool:

A little video to help you see the car choices.

peugeot team made an approach, these french teams just don't seem to see what i can do to their cars :D so ....

John Low
elmomarty
Peugeot 307

please sir

also, quick question, how does one convert a replay to something postable on youtube ?

cheers

Citroen were not impressed by my careless driving, resulting in grievious bodily harm to spectators in the last Rally, and kindly asked me to look for another team. :redface: :rose-dead:

Citroen were not impressed by my careless driving, resulting in grievious bodily harm to spectators in the last Rally, and kindly asked me to look for another team. :redface: :rose-dead:

Interesting......
I got a call from them last night, asking if I might like to take the Xsara out for a spin. I said yes, adding that with the weather forecast for the event a spin was highly likely. They were delighted but noted that delivery of the car would be slightly delayed; something about having to give it a very thorough clean?! :tongue:

Damien Jones (DJones)
OCN session
Citroen Xsara

I am in... Ford have approached me and (after recognising my prior dedication whilst in this role) have re-employed me as a crash test dummy.

Cam Wedgwood (Wedge) - OC

Great banner Damien.... no bull! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the date change.

But guys, you need to understand, in a rally sim it doesn't really matter what car you drive....................................it only matters what I am in becasue I always win.:tongue:

(please ignore the previous rally results as this would disprove this statement:cool:)

I'll join the boys from Bunbury this time round. After an OUTSTANDING run in the crap 307 Dave Richards BEGGED me to drive the impreza.

Rick Bamford (lucifer)
Impreza
OC

Okay,

Peugeot gave me a test drive. Standard paint job, default settings and this is what happened

I did discover halfway down the first straight that the economic recession had gotten to peugeot. They couldn't afford a 6th gear. After this test Pirelli have come on board and a new paint job is just a click away.

John

Peugeot gave me a test drive. Standard paint job, default settings and this is what happened

I did discover halfway down the first straight that the economic recession had gotten to peugeot. They couldn't afford a 6th gear. After this test Pirelli have come on board and a new paint job is just a click away.

:woot: Looking good there John, until.............................. :bomb: :drink:
Your changing the paint job, but that white scheme really shows the mud so well too. :wink:

EDIT: BTW, I hear Cam is hunting for a Ford livery festooned with Bull's ......... er......body parts. :cow:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 388 39.9%