Rally Muddy GB - Wednesday February 3rd 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Aussie Rally went well, and big thanks to Cam and Damien for the TS banter. Good fun as always guys. :cool:

I really enjoyed this Rally, the cars were very nice to drive on these stages, and plenty of variety, fast flowing sections, tight twisty stages, nice weather variation, and plenty of scary moments.

All of the Aussies shared best stage times, making it very interesting. I had one heart stopping moment towards the end of the last stage, which ended with my car zig zagging between a small (but deadly) tree and a lamp post, missing both by mm's. :eek:

Overall, a really great Rally, thanks for the Rally design Aaron.

Was a lot of fun as always. Got off to a great start then managed to destroy it completely by false starting, collecting trees, and killing photographers. Seriously, what kind of nutter stands on the outside of a corner anyway?! Took ages to hose the accumulated gore off the little 206 too!
Good luck to the rest of you, don't forget to select wet tarmac tyres for outstanding grip :wink:

I have a wheel worse than the keyboard ( Logitech Formula Force GP, 6 years old) no feedback what so ever and until something good will appear, I'll vahe to do it like that because I like to much RBR to stop playing.And I guess that's the max you can take out from a keyboard cose' here you can't do left-thumb breacking :redface:.

mmm that went well , missed ss1 some how.got drink of water with plenty time left but when i came back ss2 was ready.after that it felt as though the co driver was speaking finnish :D did have some quick times but always seem'd too find a rock,stump,tree or a bridge.
enjoyed the stages and cars when i was drving lol.thankyou for the event and see you next one :D

Man I am out of luck with this game.

Got the cars installed but when I try to run a stage thru the RSRBR center and hit GO it loads up the profile and then hits a RUNTIME error halfway thru loading the stage...............

anyone have a suggestion? well besides uninstall it and never look back?

EDIT 1:Apparently at least 2 different cars are not working for me to load up a stage in rscenter for the A8W-99 pack. The 206 and Impreza are not allowing me to run the stage when its loading. the progress bar boinks halfway. So I am in the Skoda for this event but at least I am IN the event!

• Aaron Cloutier

My old trouble is back... and the way I fixed it before isn't working now. 5 minutes and counting... I'll keep trying...

Eric,

I'd love to try and get you sorted, these are very strange error's.

All I can think of is that maybe last event when you said you removed some cars and tried re-installing others, maybe some key car files got messed up. I'm not sure what you did when you "removed" them.
I would recommend one last un-install of everything, followed by a specific order of re-installation.

I'll PM you a detailed installation procedure, or maybe we can discuss it together over TS?

@ Aaron, yours has me totally stumped, I have never seen or heard of that problem.

Well it seesm if you are USA connected this game is a royal PITA to use.

So here's the synopsis for me at MUDDY GB.

IT was certainly challenging which I like and expect from a rally. Excelent layout on the order of the stages and weather conditions! Liked it alot and had fun driving that UGLY Yellow SKODA w/ Repsol livery since it had a hood view default view for me.

Had to run SS4 twice since the game crapped when I tried to exit the stage upon completeion. Got the silly double image on single screen graphics issue again like last rally. WTF is that all about? RSCENTER cannot be closed from closing the window I have to go thru task manager to get it to go away.......... IS it me or are you nable to back track from the online sessions setup pr the play alone screen to get to another mode? I have to close RSCENTER via task manager then reload the damn thing to get where I want to be after practicing before the event.

False started SS10 and retired from SS6. BTW also, I DONOT get recorded times in the MY TIMES folder either.

I couldn't use at least 2 cars from the car pack or the game would dump during the stage load.

So here's my take on this game and utility from my seat. This is a VERY ROUGH combo and almost not worth the hassle. Definitely not plug n play fun here...............the constant switching of the car packs is not really making a difference in the experience for me. I am not tuning the car or any of that stuff. Just flip the switch and run what ya brung. But I must admit, I think its a nusance to be constantly switching the cars. I only race 2 cars in WTCC/STCC in GTRE events since I can be very familiar with their inate handling characteristics. It makes more sense to me then learning a new car each new event.

If growth is the wish here I think ya guys have the attitude and all but the game and car choices are keeping me luke warm at best right now.

No offense to anyone just thought I'd let you know what one pilot sees and take it FWIW.

Thanks guys for the effort to set up a fun event. The game is taking some of you shine away for me and hope it will change in 2 weeks.

So fo rnow

had fun driving that UGLY Yellow SKODA w/ Repsol livery

That was a Seat, not a Skoda.

Got the silly double image on single screen graphics issue again like last rally. WTF is that all about?
I'm not sure what you mean??

RSCENTER cannot be closed from closing the window I have to go thru task manager to get it to go away
How long did you wait for it to close. On my system it sometimes can take about 20 to 30 seconds to close, you may just need to wait for a bit. Alternatively, you can use File \ Exit, which is how I usually close it.

.......... IS it me or are you nable to back track from the online sessions setup pr the play alone screen to get to another mode? I have to close RSCENTER via task manager then reload the damn thing to get where I want to be after practicing before the event.
Yes, to go back to the main RSCenter screen, you go to File\ Index . This takes you back to the main RSCenter and you can then choose to play off-line or on-line.

BTW also, I DONOT get recorded times in the MY TIMES folder either.

When the Rally has finished and you are at the final results screen, you need to go to File\ Save Times (HTML) and it then saves your on-line times to the RBR\ MY TIMES folder.

Sorry you have been having so much trouble, but as I said, I'd like to help you further.

Final Results

Best viewed by opening the attachment below.

Overall it was a great Rally, and only 2 mins separating the first three. Again, it was just slightly better consistency that payed off and proving the difference. Extremely close result between Cam and Rob for second, only 21 seconds in it.

Stage wins were shared around nicely with Warren scoring 3, Rob, Damien, and Hampus scoring 2, and Cam getting 1.

Hampus made a great debut scoring stage wins in SS1 and SS3, but seems to have retired early from the event.

Well done to Cam and Rob for very consistent pace, and Damien came home like a steam train, what a shame he had a couple of accidents early.

Bad luck again for Eric (more game issues mid Rally) but he was very competitive until then. Huge bad luck for Aaron with his "timing" bug reappearing.

I hope we see a good roll up for the next Rally, or we may have to assess the future of this RBR Club. It is such a great Sim, and can be so much fun, but if the support is not there, I guess we'll have to think about it's future at RD. I would be bitterly disappointed to see it close here, but realistically, the support is doubtful.

Attachments

• Muddy GB Final Result.jpg
    Muddy GB Final Result.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 223
Warren it seesm there are just a few things I need to learn about getting arond in the various screens and procedures. I'll try a full uninstall/reinstall with you in a future date if your willng mate.

Like I said, the game is a HUGE challenge and frankly quite a bit more dificult than circuit racing and I love a challenge! looks like I missed a stage win by only 3 second to some guy named WAD53! thats the hook now................fish on!

Thanks for putting it altogether guys!

Yep Eric, this Sim does have a steeper learning curve, both in terms of driving the cars, and getting used to the different User Interface and menu's ( mainly RSRBR). To get the rewards from RBR (and RSRBR2010), you need to spend some time with it and be patient, but the rewards are incredible in terms of driving pleasure and satisfaction when you get into it fully.
I agree that the back up / support info for RSRBR2010 can be a little confusing at first, but there a a few here willing to help.
BTW, don't get too concerned about wanting to spend lots of time trying to fine tune a specific car, the setup options almost require an engineering degree, and I suspect almost all of us never touch the default setups, I don't normally. The default setups are good anyway (IMO) and for most of us, it's more about just keeping the car under control and out of the trees etc. You hardly ever drive these cars flat out, subtle throttle control is essential. It does take a while to get the feel of RBR Rally driving, it is quite difficult, but you have already shown some good stage times for someone just getting into it.

I hope you perservere, it is worth the time and effort, and we are all willing to help if we can.

Sorry I missed out now...sounds like you all had a blast
UK is obviousley my favourate stages due to the fact im always running on them but not them conditions so probably would of struggled
but gutted i missed em
some sweet times were set there guys well done
lets get the next one going hahah sooner the better come on :)
ps.. my thumb is not broken just bruised thanks for the well wishes thumbs up !!! hahaha :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back