Rally - Monte Carlo 2014 - Mon 13th & Tue 14th January 2014

Well I can't help but wonder what I could have done if my wheel had been co-operative... driving the stages now it seems like my times would have been vaguely competitive.

Grats to Matt for winning, though. Has anyone won a rally with no individual stage wins before?

Well, what a shameful rally for me. Had to skip the last stage, as I needed to head over to the RACE07 event I had signed up for. With just 1.5 kms from the finish or so.
Just to realize having both games running (you can't join after Q) made FF dissappear over there...

Well, about the rallye: With bugs, downloading, no practice, even wrong wheel settings (forgot about them), I was nowhere.

Impressive times guys! Keep it up. Awesome event @Roy Magnes @Ole Marius Myrvold
And a huge CONGRATS @Matt Priest Very well done! And such closes overall times. Awesome.

Just did a 3:05 on Puy du Lac; now let's try this new stage again after all that stress.:)

EDIT: Have you seen that chicken on the road at km 6? That made me nearly forgot to brake^^
Well, 8:49, quite ok for now:barefoot:

Last edited:
Yes, Made it on the bottom half of the results list, and with no retirements! That's almost a win for me, hadn't it been the bitter sweet thought that this was possible with the damage set to "reduced"... but still :)

Yes, Made it on the bottom half of the results list, and with no retirements! That's almost a win for me, hadn't it been the bitter sweet thought that this was possible with the damage set to "reduced"... but still :)

The damage will most likely be sat to reduced for a while. For the rally club, it's a fine line between being boring/too hard. It's supposed to be a calm, friendly, more easy environment, while still interesting.

I think reduced is a lot better. Realistic can often be frustrating with the inconsistency in the damage model. There's nothing worse than just slightly clipping something and have the car break. Sure, sometimes reduced is a little bit too little, and you can get away with some stuff that maybe should be car breaking. But I'd much rather the damage system be lenient than over-harsh. And reduced still requires care under driving. So as far as I'm concerned, it's more fun, with the only consequence being less retirements (a good thing :p).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back