Rally - Monte Carlo 2014 - Mon 13th & Tue 14th January 2014

Sure thing. I'll set up an 20:00 GMT session tonight, same time asthe regular EU-sessions are run :)

@Andreas Scholz - you are good to go in this session if you like :)
Thank you @Roy Magnes
I'm downloading still, should be in time. Will need to check how this fits to the RACE07 event tonight. Will then join in time if so.
Replied and tagged as tagging for me doesn't work properly right now (your tagging didn't find me).

The rally itself is great! @Ole Marius Myrvold @Roy Magnes
Will try the new stage now:)

Now error message is quite right: "Track pack not installed" when trying to load original stages:sleep:

Last edited:
And ze results are posted! :) SS5 showed that tyre gambles could work if you kept your cool, while it became incredible close for the win! Congrats everyone, and thanks to all the 20 drivers that drove, amazingly fun to see this many drivers in the first rally! :)
And the results is HERE!

Stay tuned for next weeks rally, where we will do a RDRC-test comparison! :)

Last edited:
Here is the link to my replays:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/8znyyib7489bu/Replays

Well, well, well in a professional way I would say the rally was one to forget, too many mistakes, some unnecessary CFH moments at almost every stage, but besides that it was a Blast! The stage choice was simply brilliant! It got my palms all sweaty, very exhausting stuff..
Thanks so much for all the hard work you put into this guys!!

SS1 Puy de (bad) Luc(k)
Had a top notch first sector, then after the superfast right hander over the crest forgot the braking point for the 90 right and whoops had to go backwards. Lost 3 seconds there but all in all could have been 5-7 seconds faster..I seem to dont like this stage anyways.

SS2 Sorica
Had a good pace at the beginning. Quite some risk involved, too much, went off in a fast left hander, where I never crashed before...was angry and then very commited, i flew through the rest of the stage, was even scared myself :cool: could have been quite a decent time, without the CFH and that little moment at the end, where I nearly kissed a stone.

SS3 D'arbroz
Nothing special, lost time at the Hairpins because my #*!%& Handbrake was stuck..then a verrryy fast sector and a nice 360!! That actually didnt cost too much hehe. Looking forward to the replay.

SS4 Bisanne
What a Joy driving on snow. I'm quite used to that in real life and just love it! The subi handled awesome but the driver was letting it down in the last sector. Was cutting the last chicane before the Finish quite too vigorously and went into the ditch..:cry:

SS5 Joux Verte
Made an interesting Tire choice there: TARMAC WET seemed the best compromise for me. was faster in my practice runs, but anyways was quite happy that I finished, because the downhill part was very, very, very, very slippery...Handbrake got stuck again #*%&/§$&&§$%§$:devilish:

SS6
Well lets forget about this one, shall we..

All in all pure rally heaven, really looking forward to the results :rolleyes: just want to see what could have been possible :whistling:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9agz1bay9voejcd/IhAzJ62duS Link to replays.
Will the skin i used be in the replay? I used Jean-Marie Cuoq from the 2008 Rallye Monte Carlo ;)
image_browse.php
image_browse.php
image_browse.php

http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/image_browse.php?id=15482
http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/image_browse.php?id=15624

Hmm, interesting tyre choices on SS5 - I hope to be able to spot what tyres was used on the split times from the stage, so the replay will be correct!

Anyway, it's extremely fun to see at least 3 different tyres (Dry Tarmac, Wet Tarmac, Snow) all within 6 seconds of eachother!

Well!

What a rally, it was a heap of fun to get back in the seat, the new RSRBR seems pretty good so far, I have had a few issues with it telling me that it's not version 1.1 and wether I want to download it, but it clearly is installed because when you launch it says V 1.1 - so just another bug i'm sure they will work out.

Fantastic event, certainly a challenge with some of the longer stages, had a cracker on the first stage only missing out on P1 by 0.09 of a second! Great competition from the other drivers and quite often the top 5 were all within 10 seconds!

Kudos to all competitors and look forward to seeing the results!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33515098/Cuoq Monte Carlo 2008/Cuoq Monte Carlo 2008.zip

Does this work? :thumbsup:

And also SS3 Cote i was on Snow tyres, and Joux Verte i was on Wet Tarmac ;)

Magnifiquè! :)

Ah, oki! :) I will 99% sure only film two stages (it does take time to record and edit), and it'll be SS2 and 5. 5 because "all" finished that one, and it's fun with different tyres. And SS2, to not get a default French stage :) This will cover all drivers except Viesturs - which then will be featured on SS1, just to be nice :)

Concerning the tyres:
There's also so much difference in driving style I guess, I gained (compared to my pace on SNOW tires) 25 seconds on the first two sector, but lost all the that in the last one with the DRY compound. With the WETs I gained about 20 sec (most in the fast flowing part and under braking) from the snow tires but managed a stable last sector. Turn in on WETs was still horrible and sometimes blind luck. I took some notes from some finnish bloke:
<------------------ very great stuff!! worth a watch!-------------->

Congrats @Matt Priest for the win!!
Karl and my times were actually quite close together till SS5 (if my math skills dont fool me by 1 second) but I then messed it up..
But @Jack Hintz holy cracker! thats some pace!!

I'm just going to watch my Sorica replay, thats my new treasure!:ninja:

Motorsport isnt always about pure speed, but also consistency, confidence and physical and mental constancy.

Ye, this rally is a really good showing on "what could've been".
Jack struggling on SS1, my game jumping out on loading to SS4. Roy f'ing up SS6, you as well.
Speedwise I think it would've been quite close between us.

Also interesting to see how many went for the wet tarmac on Joux Plane. I went for Dry Tarmac, and lost time with two spins - on the dry tarmac!

Motorsport isnt always about pure speed, but also consistency, confidence and physical and mental constancy.
Well said. I'm quite amazed by my performance though. It was basically my first proper run after half year pause from RBR, I've never driven that Monte mod like 30 minutes before my session begun. And now I ended up second with 1,5 losing to winner. Even though I was on sort of "safe-mod" I made 2-3 half-spins(happens really easily at Monte mod...). I'm hoping next rallies will be as fun as this one was :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 101 13.8%