Rally - Mmm mmm mmm mmm - Monday 12th & Tuesday 13th November 2012

Roy Magnes

Gentleman Driver
Premium
"Mmm mmm mmm mmm"
Mon 12th & Tues 13th November 2012
PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2012, (UPDATE 06) IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT
BMW M3 in Group A-trim dusted off and ready for fast gravel and tarmac stages.
24wsps1.jpg
Thanks to Damien Jones for the banner :)

Sessions: RD Mmm mmm mmm mmm EUX / RD Mmm mmm mmm mmm EU / RD Mmm mmm mmm mmm USX/ RD Mmm mmm mmm mmm US / RD Mmm mmm mmm mmm OC

NOTE: We may include additional time zone Rallys if requested.
PLEASE NOTE: If you request an additional Session to be created, you must sign up and make the request at least 12 hours before the requested start time. Late requests will not be accepted.

Car Pack: A8_2 (You must choose the BMW M3 E30 from this pack.)

Damage: Realistic

SS01 - USA - Hualapai Nation (normal)
SS02 - USA - Prospect Ridge (normal)
SS03 - Australia - Mineshaft 2 (gravelmod)
SS04 - Japan - Sipirkakim (tarmac)
SS05 - France - Joux Plane (normal)
SS06 - BTB Spain - Malaga A7000 (normal)
SS07 - BTB Spain - Subida a la Manzana (normal)
SS08 - Super stages - Lyon Gerland (normal)

OCX Start: 09:00 GMT Monday*
EUX Start: 17:00 GMT Monday *
Europe Start: 20:00 GMT Monday *
USX Start: 01:00 GMT Tuesday (8PM Eastern Time, Monday) *
US Start: 03:00 GMT Tuesday (10PM Eastern (USA), 8PM Mountain Time, Monday) *
Oceania Start: 09:30 GMT Tuesday (8:30 PM EDST) *

Additional timezone Rallys may be created on request.

If the USA Session drivers prefer a different Start time, please let us know, we can be flexible to suit.
* EUX, EU, USX, US, and OC events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. If no one signs up for a listed Session, it may not be created on the Server.
All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2012 Mod & Update 06, in order to participate, please see the Installation and Usage thread.
  • You will also require the A8_2car packs.
  • You will also need the BTB Spain pack.
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.
IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2012 Name) - Session. Include your car choice.
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines and links to help you get up and running: Here

Drivers:
Please Note: You must choose the BMW M3 E30.
  1. Fernando Agapito - Fernando A. - OC
  2. Roy Magnes - Roy Magnes - EU
  3. Manuel De Samaniego - MDSP - EU
  4. Viesturs Priede - Viesturs - OCX
  5. John Cunningham - HH_BF1 - EU
  6. Tomas Reinicke - ctbr - EUX
  7. Daniel Monteiro - Daniel Monteiro - EU
  8. Henri Korpela - henkka k - EU
  9. Ole Marius Myrvold - Myrvold - EU
  10. Senad Subasic - mfodor - OCX
  11. Jani Nylander - Jani - EUX
  12. Taj Johal- Taj Fangio-EU
  13. Sion Williams - RS Williams - EU
  14. Magnus Lindgren - magnuslindgren - EU
  15. Tapio Rinneaho - TTupsi - OC
  16. Erik Tveit - Erik Tvit - EU
  17. Driver
  18. Driver

Our next rally is now open for sign-ups!

This week we dust off an old classic car once again, and go for a spin with the nice BMW M3 E30. The car has one WRC victory to its name, driven by Bernard Beguin at the Tour de Corse in 1987. The M3 was generally not competetive on gravel since its opposition was mainly 4WD cars, but on more open, fast gravel roads and above all on tarmac it was a contender for overall victories.
For once it looks like the weather gods are on our side, and we will have nice, sunny weather throughout the stages.

DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES:

1. The M3 is a typical RWD. The handling of the car is a bit more steady than most other RWD cars, but with a powerful engine that need some delicacy on the trottle.
The car is relatively easy to drive, and tackles well being thrown around a bit.

As with all RWD cars, the Handbrake will not be operable.

2. RBR Pacenotes are designed for default cars, Normal conditions and Good weather. Please remember to adjust your speeds to suit these cars.

3. Tyre selections are the drivers responsibility. If you use the automatic tyre selection option in RSRBR2011, please beware that sometimes it may give you the wrong tyre for the conditions. Always double check your tyres, it is critical, especially for Snow Stages.

4. Please ensure to install the all the packs needed. This includes the A8_2 pack, and BTB Spain. All links can be found in the first post by clicking on the name of the pack you want to download.

5. There is a NEW password for both the servers(sessions) and teamspeak. Please check it out here!

If requests are made for any additional timezones, or changes to Start times to better suit your local needs, we will try to include them ( but within the Monday/Tuesday periods).

Be advised that RSRBR Update 07 is due this weekend, but from the information I have now it will not affect the rally.

Then the sign-ups should be open, sorry for the late posting of the event!
And do give me a hint if you spot any errors in the opening posts :)

Overall Rally Results
8UBMF.jpg
lQVw5.png

Congrats Fernando, Manuel and Roy

Stage wins:
Manuel Samaniego: 6 stage wins
Fernando Agapito: 1 stage win
Roy Magnes: 1 stage win

Thanks to everyone who joined, thanks to Roy and Ole for setting it up, and thanks to Fernando for the podium presentation.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

• Deleted member 950

I would skip this time to prepare my next season's car.:)
You know, hand-drawing from scratch is not a easy thing and may cost months:confused:

BTW, if any grading rally is held just inform me.

OBSERVE! SS08 Lyon Gerland - there has been an update on this stage with the new update on RSRBR (update 07, released sunday 11/11). There has been a bug-fix on the stage. From what I have tested, it should not matter wheter you run with update 07 online or if you are staying with update 06 until after the event is done.

All the sessions have now been created. If you spot any mistakes, please start a conversation with me, Ole Marius and Senad to inform what is wrong.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 118 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 63 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.6%