Rally - MINI Monte 2012 - Monday 30th & Tuesday 31st January 2012

Ok, so i just installed RSRBR 2012 along with both updates and the latest complete track and car packs, all installed fine. But when i try to practice in the Mini the car has silly amounts of negative camber... the wheels are all at like a 45 degree angle in game and it feels strange to drive... Anyone else notice the cambers???

Edit: By strange to drive I mean I need to use alot of steering input to get the car to steer, I have no deadzones set and compared to other cars I have to turn the wheel nearly half way before the car turns

But when i try to practice in the Mini the car has silly amounts of negative camber... the wheels are all at like a 45 degree angle in game and it feels strange to drive... Anyone else notice the cambers???

I assume you mean when looking at the car in replays or externally? I don't get that, but I have seen others reporting something similar (for other cars) at RallyeSim. Have you made significant changes to the car setup?

By strange to drive I mean I need to use alot of steering input to get the car to steer, I have no deadzones set and compared to other cars I have to turn the wheel nearly half way before the car turns

I notice that the default setup for the MINI has a lower range of Steering Lock than most of the others, so it can't be increased in the car setup section to the same maximum as most other cars. However, try adjusting the Steering Lock to maximum of 540. It's found under Suspension, Steering/Roll Bar.
Also, please note that if you are practicing using the Monte-Carlo mod, its grip level is much lower at the front wheels, so if you are entering a turn too fast, it understeers badly. You need to turn at much slower speeds on this surface.

Yes I am refering to externally with the cambers. I have dont no setups or adjustments what so ever, it is 'straight out the box'.

I checked with other cars in the N4_S2000 2 and they all have wheel allignment or camber issues. Every wheel on the skoda S2000 faces a different direction and it crabs along at very low speeds. Something is clearly not right with it, I will look into it tomorrow but i may well have to sign out :(

I checked with other cars in the N4_S2000 2 and they all have wheel allignment or camber issues. Every wheel on the skoda S2000 faces a different direction and it crabs along at very low speeds. Something is clearly not right with it, I will look into it tomorrow but i may well have to sign out :(

Sounds like a faulty install. I know it's a lot of work, but I'd recommend doing a complete un-install of RBR and RSRBR2012, then start over again. :(

Fernando Agapito (Fernando A.) - EUX

The most skilled MINI Driver ever :D

640_mini6.jpg

Sounds like a faulty install. I know it's a lot of work, but I'd recommend doing a complete un-install of RBR and RSRBR2012, then start over again. :(

Will give it a crack. Presumably the downloaded files are ok, and all that is required is to uninstall and re-install all the individual components. Im hoping I dont have to re-download them as that took hours yesterday!!!

Thanks for your help Warren

I have done a complete re-install and it is exactly the same :(

I used the files I had previously downloaded, so the only other thing i can think is that I should try downloading the install links again and trying from scratch once again?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back