Rally - Masters Challenge - Mon 6th & Thue 7th April 2015

ook rally done,

I took the 208 R2 thinking it would be a fun event, the gravel stage was good and fun, the next 2 stages were so bad I preffered to call it quits, I don't know what's wrong with this car but when I point it where I point my DS3 to get through the corners you just end up hitting what's inside of the corner, I can't count how many times I hit the tire barriers at Daniel Bonnara.

Anyway, thanks Roy and Ole it's a fun idea, I should've driven the car before the event to know better.

Good luck guys.

Drove it with a DS3 WRC

SS1 - Gran Canaria, spin in first corner lost many seconds
SS2 - Daniel Bonara, good stage a few wide corners..
SS3 - Peyregrosse lovely stage one mistake lost 10 secunds climping up from ditch
SS4 - Lyon-Gerland... ok
SS5 -Mineshaft. first time with the DS3 WRC felt like no grip..
SS6 - Noiker gravel with DS3 WRC was so strange struggle to get grip burning dust and sideways..Faster in a N4

Fun rally with mixed surfaces. Difficult to change from tarmac to gravel and mixed surface:confused:

ook rally done,

I took the 208 R2 thinking it would be a fun event, the gravel stage was good and fun, the next 2 stages were so bad I preffered to call it quits, I don't know what's wrong with this car but when I point it where I point my DS3 to get through the corners you just end up hitting what's inside of the corner, I can't count how many times I hit the tire barriers at Daniel Bonnara.

Anyway, thanks Roy and Ole it's a fun idea, I should've driven the car before the event to know better.

Good luck guys.

ye, the R2 cars aren't so simple to drive, at least not when you are used to a powerful beast like the DS3. Magnar is used to rolling his Opel just by cornering ^^,

Thanks for being a good sport and give it a shot! It cannot be easy going from what you have driven for years, and to a FWD low powered car! :)

Took C2 R2 for a spin, even though I don't consider myself alien. I just want to compare myself with big guys.

Struggeled on SS Daniel Bonara and Noiker 2 (this may have been my first time on this track for me this way), but had quite nice run on Peyregrosse-Mandagout and Mineshaft.

ye, the R2 cars aren't so simple to drive, at least not when you are used to a powerful beast like the DS3. Magnar is used to rolling his Opel just by cornering ^^,

Thanks for being a good sport and give it a shot! It cannot be easy going from what you have driven for years, and to a FWD low powered car! :)

no problem :) like this kind of events, even if my driving wasn't great, it's very interesting what you guys do sometimes in the club.

I had a problem on Nokier, the engine sound just wasn't there from the start line. I've had this before in practice and also when you open the WB's pacenote plugin the sound just goes. Will test again tonight and see if I can pinpoint the problem.

23jldfb.jpg

Stage wins:
Torbjørn Withbro - 5 stage wins
Pinky - 1 stage win

Thanks to all that participated, and congratulations to Torbjørn and Magnar ahead of me on the podium this week!
Strange to borrow first place for one rally from MH. DS3 was a good choice for this rally it seems :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back