Rally - Markku Alèn Tribute - Mon 27th & Tue 28th April 2015

Highly enjoyable! I hit small trees twice on Loch Ard, which spun me around and got my car stuck, so lots of time lost there. Then I spun early on Sikakama, then I spun and hit some spectators on Joux Plane, so not the best of results for me this week.

But it is really, really fun!

All went well until SS3 where I rolled and had to call for help. And then SS6, where I rolled and landed on the roof and then later rolled again, but luckily landed on wheels. Car just dived into snow on both occasions. I have to admit that RWD on snow is tricky.

Some action happened on the last stage too. Innocent halfspin which led into call for help since RWD couldn't crawl back from tiny slope...

All in all it was good evening. Hats down to Magnar who was dominating once again, good job!

I agree with Roy, highly enjoyable!
No DNF's and only 2 CFH once i Ruhimäki where I lost the left door but the car held together so I could finish.
2nd CFH on the last stage.
The 3 first stages reminded me of when I was in Finland 78-79 and saw Markku race the 131 Abarth :)

Thanks for organizing, and I for sure would like more NGP RWD action!

Ehhh The car was better to drive than I feared. it was quite fun when I get used to it
On the btb Stages I struggled to start them, when I was in the garage meny there was nothing there so I had to guess my way into the start. I did not remember the way on the first of them so I had to retire on that one. The next I found my way and could drive.
The rest of the stage worked fine, I just did some errors 2 spins on Sikakama and one in the last stage.

Thanks for a good evening all.

Well that was eventful evening
These cars are great when you get into a rhythm and just dance it through the corners but when the rhythm isn't there they are a cruel mistress.
Stage 1 to 3 were great in the fast bits but i still haven't got the hang of slowing a RWD down from flat out corners to mid speed corners and not under steer into the nearest tree
Stage 4 and 5 were amazing as I got into the groove that these cars need
Stage 6 was complete hell which brought me down to earth after 2 really good stages
Stage 7 was good even with a eventful roll
Stage 9 was going well until I caught the barrier and my vehicle speed on my app went up to 30000 km/h and i recorded me pressing the brake down to bring the speed down to see if i could get going again but when i got down to zero the throttle didn't work

The Sikakama stage, apart from the car, considering its age, felt like it had a bit too much grip, was a real blast to drive, proper sideways fun a few times, overall very neat rally though, way to risky on many of the stages to stick the a*** out :x3::roflmao:..... :cautious::O_o:

Really happy to have taken part.

Also:

Jonatan Åcerclinth - Navitori - US (it turned out to be..... :ninja: )

Wow, didn't expect that good result! My usual steady approach seem to have payed off, too bad I made that unnecesary mistakes, could have been ever better. Congratulations to You guys, and special thanks to organizers, hope to drive more NGP RWD events in the future!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back