Rally - Lights Trophy (J-RDRC) Demo - Mon 6th & Tues 7th May 2011

I have to say, jonny has not driven for 3 yrs(since he was in cyprus) and was at (to be kind) 'rookie' level. Back 5 days, had 1 hr practise, and drove a blinder... he had a couple of cfh's and the sweetlamb wouldn't load (ffs), but it was good fun just observing.

Well done jonny, and to all the rest!

And as usual thanks to the admins.

jc

Had a great time today, really fun to drive these cars and I can't wait to use them in season 3. Unfortunately after SS5 I had the same technical issue I was having in the last club rally :S I had put it down to a conflicting program and made sure I had everything shut down for the championship round, and that seemed to have worked, but it didn't work today and I had to crash RSCenter at the completion of every stage from SS5 onwards. Any help would be appreciated, I guess I should ask over at the rallyesim forums too.

Thanks again to the guys for organizing this, hopefully I can get this problem fixed up for the next one :)

Rally results

Overall Rally Results

Congrats Jeremy, Simone and Nigel :trophy:

Stage wins:
Simone Demi: 3 stage wins :star::star::star:
Ole Marius Myrvold: 2 stage wins :star::star:
Roy Magnes: 2 stage wins :star::star:
Nigel Atkins: 1 stage win :star:

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Thanks to everyone who joined, and to Warren for setting it up, see you all next week :rally:

William:

The moment you finished a rallystage and the screen changes to the time, press the windows button on keyboard.
Throws you back at windows desktop. There open task manager and kill the RBR.exe not RSCenter.
That way times are in, and you avoid it crashing but can go back to desktop easily.

William:

The moment you finished a rallystage and the screen changes to the time, press the windows button on keyboard.
Throws you back at windows desktop. There open task manager and kill the RBR.exe not RSCenter.
That way times are in, and you avoid it crashing but can go back to desktop easily.

So you're saying to do this before the Save Replay screen comes up? When I minimize after the time screen, which is when it hangs, RSCenter disappears, I only have RBRsse.exe running and I have to shut it down.

That was a barrel of laughs tonight, these little cars are just a ball to drive. Huge fun. :D

Unfortunately, my concentration wasn't too good though, and I had some funny boo boo's. I mucked up both Chirdonhead runs. SS02, I was distracted by a Teamspeak mesaage just as I was flat out through the forest section, and drove off the road. SS05, I hit a bump at top speed, and bounced the little Suzy right off the track, flying high straight into the trees. Somehow, the car survived, so I could reverse out and get going again. These are tough little critters.
Then the phone rang beside me on another stage. :eek:
To top it all off, I was so focussed on whether Sweet Lamb would run ok, then suddenly thought I'd missed the start and took off, only to find I had false started. DOH!!

Still had a ball with these little dynamos. Great to have so many guys on TS tonight, so that added even more fun. :D:D

Grats to Jeremy for the OC win, I couldn't quite challenge him tonight with so many offs.

Thanks to all the guys who joined us in OC and especially those on TS.

Oops!! Didn't realise the full results were up.

Congratulations Jeremy, glad one the OC drivers managed to take the win.
Well done to Simone and Nigel for the podium.

As expected, the results were pretty close tonight, and there were some impressive times posted for these low powered little cars. Looks like the Suzuki's were popular. Not much red ink either once you take into account the guys who had problems loading a couple of Stages (or Rick who had problems getting his clock set up in time for the first two Stages).

I hope everyone has a better idea of how these cars perform, I suspect that a few people might be rethinking their Car choice for the next RDRC Season.

Huge thanks to Senad for his Server and results efforts. :thanks:

I'm away for a couple of weeks (again), so Senad is taking over the next Club Rally and already has something nice and fun in mind.

See you all in a couple of weeks. :ups:

I remembered to get on TS :woot:

Unfortunately, the only microphone I currently have is the built-in webcam one, and it's crap. I sounded like I was in a cave, with water dripping around me. Apologies for that, and for my bad spoken English, I don't remember the last time I used it.

Anyway, the rally.
I completely jinxed myself before it started. Did a quick run in the Polo on Harwood Forrest, had some ridiculous accidents, but the car just kept on getting back on all 4 wheels. So I mentioned on TS that the car just refuses to be rolled. Rally starts, and lo and behold, 5 rolls in the first 4 stages :D

Had a clean run on Chirdonhead II, Sikakama, and Sweet Lamb. Second on the last one in OC, no clue how.

Other stages were pretty bad. A minute behind per stage was normal procedure.
Had two very similar high speed accidents early on: 5th gear, flat out, coming up to a corner, braking, I guess locking the wheels, and just carrying on straight (or spinning and carrying on straight :D)

Then again, there were moments like this one, where you couldn't help but chuckle

Thanks for setting it up Warren, and nice to see such a huge field :thanks:

Congrats to Jeremy, Simone and Nigel for their podium results. Great win Jeremy!! and great to see OC have the winning driver.

Had a blast as usual with all the crew on TeamSpeak, great to meet Senad and see Keegs on there finally. Keegs we had a ding dong battle for awhile with as little as .06 of a second between us at one stage during the rally and I really enjoyed it and the banter between stages.

I thought for sure I would get a stage win out of Joux Verte (my favourite stage of all RBR) but it looks like Ole Marius pipped me by .21 of a second :p

Its a real buzz when the times are close while your racing and this was a fantastic event with great little cars. Thanks to everyone who competed from all the zones, I'm really looking forward to see what Senad has in store for us next time and thanks to both you and Warren for setting things up for us to have our fun.

EDIT: Classic video Senad :D

Cheers Al

WOOHOO!!!!

A win without a stage win :p

Was alot of fun flogging these little 2WD buzz box's through the stage's, had 1 hairy moment on shepards shield forgeting to slow down for the first 90 deg corner :p but not too much time lost.

Great little cars to drive, it funny how simular they are to drive as the 4WD's and yet so different in a way?

congrads to simone and nigel, and big thanx to everyone for setting this up i had alot of fun and of course all the boys on team speak made for an awsome night.
Also a big thanx to Al for the tarmac setup help on moday which helped alot as i usualy loose alot of time on tarmac as i usualy dont use setups.

I thought for sure I would get a stage win out of Joux Verte (my favourite stage of all RBR) but it looks like Ole Marius pipped me by .21 of a second :p
1703.gif

Am I the only one who didn't like these cars at all? :p

Grats to Jeremy & Simone :cool:

i really didnt expect to get a podium after having rolled in stages 1,2 & 7 which cost me about 1min compared to my practice times, but the rest of the stages went really well and chuffed to bits to get fastest time at Sweet Lamb :D

really enjoyed driving these cars and i almost wish i could drive them in the next league.

Huge thanks to Warren & Senad for setting it up and the results, plus Al for his setup help :D:D:D

Thanks to Al and Nigel for all their help with setups and practice - really pleased with my finish and that's mainly down to them. Not a very eventful run just a start penalty on the French tarmac stage.

Congrats to the podium places, nice to see such a close run event even down the finishing order.

Excellent event by the organizing team - well done chaps.

Looking forward very much to the next round,

Pete
PS - anyone got the results in html or Excel format please

Two stagewins and very close to a third (Simone was only a couple of tenths ahead of me on "my" stage). Again a tale of what could have been, thankfully I make up for it in the championship :wink:
Really enjoyed this one, excited to see what Senad has planned for next wek :)

Had some good fun in that little Lada today despite a couple of scary moments on Shepherds Shield and Chirdonhead II and I'm pleased with 8th overall.

Thanks to the organizers and the guys on TS for making this an enjoyable one.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%