Rally - Lights Trophy (J-RDRC) Demo - Mon 6th & Tues 7th May 2011

I cant get sweet lamb working on play alone either, vw 16 or gti....

After discussing with Kevin about his problem, and John now reporting the same issue, I am worried that others may also have problems, especially since Sweet lamb is included in the next RDRC Round.
If so, I'd like to test something.

Reading a thread at Rallyesim about others having issues with Sweet Lamb, one of the most common solutions was to reduce Resolution to 800x600, which has worked for Kevin. So, Sweet Lamb appears to be sensitive to graphics settings in some systems. Kevin has advised that his problem only starts when he installs Update 05 (he has confirmed this twice now after extensive testing). The biggest new change included in Update 05 was the FixUp program (which is a great little tool ). However, it does include a feature to automatically adjust graphic resolutions, or at least the aspect ratio.
So, is it possible that this may cause some problems to a few people who have "sensitive" graphic systems??

John (or anyone else experiencing the problem), can you try

1. Move the FixUp.dll file out of the Plugins Folder (move it somewhere safe so you can restore it if needed). See if that solves the problem.

2. With the FixUp.dll back in the Plugins folder, try a different setting in your FixUp.ini file eg. switch the "fixAspectRatio" on or off. Does that fix it? Also, maybe try the "fullscreenWindow" switch setting.

These are very easy things to try. I have no idea if this is the problem, just trying to find why it would only occur after installing Update 05.

If anyone tries this, let us know the outcome. I'd also suggest everyone test run their Sweet Lamb stage asap in case of a problem.

In my case, I don't seem to have a problem.:confused:

:DI can confirm that if you take the FixUp.dll file out of the Plugins folder you can run higher resolutions in game.I removed folder went back to my original settings and Sweet Lamb stage ran.Put the folder back in while still keeping the higher settings and once again Sweet lamb would not run.

Back To 800x600 with the folder in place and Sweet Lamb runs again.

I can also confirm changing the settings for "fixaspectratio and fullscreenwindow" does not make a difference ,you still have to run at 800x600 resolution.

These are my findings and i take no responsibility for any screwups mine or otherwise:D

Thanks Kevin, very useful findings.
If others confirm this eg. John, we need to let Rallyesim and/or the designer of FixUp know about it.

I guess you get the choice now, higher resolutions without the benefit of other FixUp tools, or keep FixUp but run lower resolutions.

I know what my choice would be, I'd want the better resolutions, but at least you would only have to lose the tools for this rally (and any others using Sweet Lamb).
Thanks for helping to test this out.

I might remove Fixup for this Rally just to be safer.

Have you tried setting the res in the config file instead of in FixUp.dll ?

I run my setup on 1920 x 1080 but i set that in the config file instead of fixup and ive never had any issues!

Also would it be a good idea to set up another thread for this issue so it doesnt clog the upcoming event thread?

Have you tried setting the res in the config file instead of in FixUp.dll ?

I'm assuming that the resolution is changed in the Richard Burns Rally.ini file, I don't know that there is any way to change it in FixUp.

Also would it be a good idea to set up another thread for this issue so it doesnt clog the upcoming event thread?

Yep, that was my plan once I saw that it was a problem to more than just Kevin. Waiting on a reply from John to see if it fixes his issue.
The main reason for discussing it here initially was because drivers in this event may need to know, and they need to urgently check if they are ok.

ALL DRIVERS PLEASE NOTE:

Due to a couple of people reporting problems with Sweet Lamb (see earlier posts), I have rearranged the Stage order slightly to put Sweet Lamb as the last Stage.

If a significant number of drivers are not able to load the Stage during the Rally, we will consider dropping this Stage from the results.

However, we would like all drivers to test their Sweet Lamb Stage off-line (at least) and advise if they cannot load it. Please read the "possible work arounds" listed earlier.

It is important to test this properly because we have the RDRC Round 8 using this Stage.

Confirm Sweet Lamb is working at higher resolution once fixup.dll is removed from the plugins folder. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread I've still been able to run the resolution of my choice, 1680 x 1050, by entering it into the richarburnsrally.ini file and set the aspect ratio using the settings in the rscenter.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back