Warren Dawes

Premium
"Jeremy's Alpine Tour"

Mon 25th & Tues 26th June 2012

PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2012, (UPDATE 04) IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT

Renault Alpine A310 across a selection of Stages

Jeremys-Alpine-Tour.jpg

Banner by Damien Jones​

Sessions: RD Alpine Tour EUX / RD Alpine Tour EU / RD Alpine Tour USX / RD Alpine Tour US / RD Alpine Tour OC

NOTE: We may include additional time zone Rallys if requested.
PLEASE NOTE: If you request an additional Session to be created, you must sign up and make the request at least 12 hours before the requested start time. Late requests will not be accepted.

Car Pack: VHC-1 ( You must choose the Renault Alpine A310 from this Pack. ) **

Damage: Realistic

SS01 - England - Rally School – Normal, Good, Day
SS02 - England - Falstone – Tarmac, Good, Day
SS03 - Finland - Sikakama – Gravel, Good, Day
SS04 - USA - Prospect Ridge – Normal, Good, Day
SS05 - Japan - Sipirkakim – Normal, Good, Day
SS06 - France - Cote D'Arbroz – Gravel, Good, Day
SS07 - USA - Diamond Creek – Snow, Good, Day
SS08 - Australia - Mineshaft – Snow, Good, Day

EUX Start: 16:00 GMT Monday *
Europe Start: 19:00 GMT Monday *
USX Start: 00:00 GMT Tuesday (8PM Eastern Time, Monday) *
US Start: 02:00 GMT Tuesday (10PM Eastern (USA), 8PM Mountain Time, Monday) *
Oceania Start: 10:30 GMT Tuesday (8:30 PM EST) *

Additional timezone Rallys may be created on request.

If the USA Session drivers prefer a different Start time, please let us know, we can be flexible to suit.
* EUX, EU, USX, US, and OC events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. If no one signs up for a listed Session, it will not be created on the Server.
All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2012 Mod & Update 04, in order to participate, please see the Installation and Usage thread.
    Please Note: Update 05 is scheduled for release prior to this rally, please check for further details before this Rally.

Update 05 now delayed, so no impact on this event.

• You will also require the VHC_1 car pack.
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.
IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2012 Name) - Session. Include your car choice.
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines and links to help you get up and running: Here

Drivers:

You must choose the Renault Alpine A310 from the VHC_1 Car Pack
  1. John Cunningham (HH_BF1) - EU
  2. Fernando Agapito (Fernando A.) - EUX
  3. Jeremy Loveland (Wol-Gran) - OC
  4. Senad Subasic (mfodor) - OC
  5. Alasdair Beck (boybeck) - EUX
  6. John Robertson (John Robertson) - US
  7. Viesturs Priede (Viesturs) - EU
  8. Dubravko Sparovec (Dudo S.) - EUX
  9. Andris Laskins (laskins) - EUX
  10. Magnar Haarstadsveen (magnar) - EU
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver

Our next Rally is open for sign-up.

This one is designed by Jeremy Loveland, who won this option in a previous Rally. Anyone who knows Jeremy would be well aware of his love for the RWD Rally Cars, so this one should be no surprise.
Jeremy has chosen one of the all time Classic Historical Rally Cars, the Renault Alpine A310. This car is typical RWD, drives well, and has a great sound.

We also take a rest from some of the recent brutal stages / weather combinations used in the Rally Club and return to some good weather to allow us to more fully enjoy the characteristics of this great older classic. This Rally is all about the car.

Jeremy has introduced some very unusual weather patterns at the end though, global warming has gone berserk and caused snowfalls in Central USA and Australia.

DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES:

1. This car is typical RWD, quite fast but with the usual tail happy rear end sliding habits, that is so much fun when mastered. Control of these cars is all about the power management. Again, the handbrake won't work with this one.

2. RBR Pacenotes are designed for default cars, Normal conditions and Good weather. Please remember to adjust your speeds to suit these cars.

3. Tyre selections are the drivers responsibility. If you use the automatic tyre selection option in RSRBR2012, please beware that sometimes it may give you the wrong tyre for the conditions. Always double check your tyres, it is critical, especially for Snow Stages.

If requests are made for any additional timezones, or changes to Start times to better suit your local needs, we will try to include them ( but within the Monday/Tuesday periods).

Thanks to Jeremy for designing this Rally.
Special thanks to Damien for another of his classic Banners.

Good luck all, hope you enjoy your scenic tour around the world in this great historical car.

Here's a video I found of the A310 in action in RSRBR, not my driving though.

My rally was already put on the back foot when I decided to give the car a run last night. I had leant my wheel to one of my mates during the week and when he gave me it back he neglected to mention that he'd f***ed the paddles on the back of the wheel. The same paddles I use to change gear with. This meant I spent last night reconfiguring my control setup and didn't really get a chance to test the car.

As for the rally it was a mixed bag. On some stages I got along well with the new control setup and the times weren't too bad ( Sikakama, Cote d'Arbroz and the Rally School ). The other stages didn't go too well. Falstone I touched the grass with the back wheel and went spinning off backwards, through a gap in the trees and ended up stuck in a drainage ditch and had to CFH. Prospect Ridge I struggled with knowing what gear to be in and ended up just being far too cautious. Sipirkakim I hit a tree which sent me off the road and I had to find my way back. Diamond Creek I had a spin and Mineshaft I was just slow.

I think I'll probably get used to the new setup pretty soon and i think I'll be able to drive at my usual pace again I just need to practice with it. The main problem is I'm driving much more one handed and I'm struggling to catch slides. I had a run in the car I use in the RDRC last night and my pace was pretty close to what I do normally so I can't see there being a problem.

Good lick to the guys still to compete.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back