Rally - "Honda's Home " - Mon 17th & Tues 18th January 2011

Nicely summed up and some wise words from our mentor there ;).

Also I finally found a way to word properly the "even a small mistake can cost you much in rallying" and why it's different than in circuit racing: on a road course even if you make a mistake you spin, get punted, even if you nudge a barrier it's usually not over. Also the lap isn't infinite, so the chances are it's not gonna be extremely bad because of the repetition. In rallying there are surrounding trees, banks, cliffs, longer distance - it all makes for a greater chance of even "I just clipped two centimeters of it!" to prove fatal. And since we accommodate the cumulative damage for this season of the league it will get more interesting :).

@Terri - that's the point. It's not enough to just happen to be the fastest, even 95% of the time :).

Congrats to Rick, Damian & Terri, WD guys :).

Nicely summed up and some wise words from our mentor there ;).

Also I finally found a way to word properly the "even a small mistake can cost you much in rallying" and why it's different than in circuit racing: on a road course even if you make a mistake you spin, get punted, even if you nudge a barrier it's usually not over. Also the lap isn't infinite, so the chances are it's not gonna be extremely bad because of the repetition. In rallying there are surrounding trees, banks, cliffs, longer distance - it all makes for a greater chance of even "I just clipped two centimeters of it!" to prove fatal. And since we accommodate the cumulative damage for this season of the league it will get more interesting :).

@Terri - that's the point. It's not enough to just happen to be the fastest, even 95% of the time :).

The point is to be the fastest and not to crash at the same time. If you don't push yourself & the car near the limits at all times you're never going to win a championship, there will always be someone beating you. The probability of a terminal crash always exists, even more so when you don't know the limits of the car. The more you push the car the more you learn what you can do with it. Helps when you're in trouble :).

I spent a little bit of time getting the civic to brake how i liked it and it seemed to have payed off with a fighting 4th overall.
It could have been better, with a big spin off into the paddock in stage one(CFH) and a silly off in stage 8,losing time reversing out of some bushes.
Really got into chucking the car around the more i drove it(Yes good choice Warren)(plus i own a earlier type R myself....biased),the trick with it is to get up to speed and try and keep some sort of rythym going.
Thanks for the compliments Warren and Rick,really enjoyed the rally ,checking the splits and stage times spurred me on a little bit to see that i was capable of running with you guys(in the civic at least)
Having no RED times helps move you up the time sheets it seems,but Dariusz is right you have to be fast as well ,and to do that you have to push and take risks increasing the chance of an off....This is Rallying...and thats why it is so addictive .See you guys RD1.

Having no RED times helps move you up the time sheets it seems,but Dariusz is right you have to be fast as well ,and to do that you have to push and take risks increasing the chance of an off....This is Rallying...and thats why it is so addictive .See you guys RD1.

Yep, the pure thrill of Rallying is finding the limits and staying alive, and the risk rewards are very high.

My Rally here was a classic example. As most know, I seldom drive above about 90%, keeping things a tad safer. For this rally, I started to gain confidence in the Honda and knew that after SS04, Rick might just be within reach (looking at the results, I was only 6 secs behind after SS05). However, knowing that Rick is very good at Noiker, I decided that I had to give SS06 a red hot go, and pushed very hard. After the second timing sector I was in front of my previous Noiker run by quite a margin, and actually in front of Rick. Then I went a tiny bit wide in a turn, touched the grass and lost grip, sliding into a tree which killed the engine dead in it's tracks.
The end of any chance of a good result, but I'll bet I never hit that tree again. :eek::redface::):cool:

I'm sorry to say that this may be the last club rally movie I try to make, the hardware issues are too much. The framerate drops to 2-3 FPS too often. Totally random, and extremely annoying. Especially when you fiddle with the camera for half a minute just before.

The disk is at fault, but I don't know what's wrong. It's not that it's dying, had it happen at least once before, and that disk is still alive. Maybe it's the room temperature, dunno.

I'm sorry to say that this may be the last club rally movie I try to make, the hardware issues are too much. The framerate drops to 2-3 FPS too often. Totally random, and extremely annoying. Especially when you fiddle with the camera for half a minute just before.

The disk is at fault, but I don't know what's wrong. It's not that it's dying, had it happen at least once before, and that disk is still alive. Maybe it's the room temperature, dunno.

thats sad to hear Senad.. we'll surely miss your humorous comments for sure! but I hope your pc won't give up on you :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back