Rally - "Honda's Home " - Mon 17th & Tues 18th January 2011

Wow, that was some top fun, the more I drove it, the more I was starting to like it. After balancing the brakes of course. :rolleyes:
Unfortunately, I managed to break the poor Honda at Noiker SS06, so I can add another retirement to my record. :redface:
Pity, Rick, Damien, Kevin and I were swapping pretty good times (I think).
Well done to Rick, but Damien was coming home like a steam train. Kevin was nice and quick too.

Thanks to Damien and Rick for the TS fun.

Its the last time I give setup advice to Damien though, He went from 20 sec's per stage behind to 5 sec's ahead, lol. Kevin was putting in some GREAT stage times as well. We might have to reconcider letting you run in the champions league Kev;)

Great to see so many turning up for the Rally club, its so much fun.

And what a difference adjusting the brakes makes!!
My first 2 stages were forgettable; default brakes on SS1 meant I was only able to breathe on the pedal for fear of locking up. SS2 I completely forgot to load my setup, meaning I was driving with about half as much steering lock as expected; lots of crazy steering work there!
From SS3 it all went pretty well and I clawed back some time from Rick.
A good fun event; funny little car, accelerates like a sloth but once going zooms along quite nicely.
Thanks to all involved in organising.

Overall Rally Results

20110117rdrallyhondasho.png

Congrats Rick, Damien and Terri :trophy:

Stage wins
Dariusz Swiderski: 5 stage wins :star::star::star::star::star:
Oscar Hardwick: 3 stage wins :star::star::star:

Thanks to everyone who joined, and to Warren for setting it up :thanks:
See you all next week, for the opening round of the Rally Championship Season 2 :rally:

If anyone has any replays they'd like to share, please send them to senad.subasic@gmail.com, or upload them on www.speedyshare.com

Click on the attached thumbnail for a better view.

Attachments

• 20110117rdrallyhondasho.png
    20110117rdrallyhondasho.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 217
Congrats to the podium finishers.Very Very happy with the stage wins. I see that consistency is far more important but I was out to prove my pace to myself and here have managed to do so. Brilliant rally, tough car without setup changes and I didnt change the set at all for your info. :OAnyway, see you next week.Oscar.

Whoa, nice one Rick. I guess I will start to treat you as my benchmark in S2, seeing how close were out times when I wasn't crashing around :). Ozzies took the top spots on the podium by a storm, nice one guys.

Senad, seems like some excel-gremlins spoiled you "car" column a bit ;).

Well... 14th/24, I take it! Much better than what I would've imagined, considering I bought the game like a week ago.

Started the rally with the only aim of being clean all the way, and doing as few mistakes as possible. Well... In the end I span twice(including once where I had to call for assistance after I was stuck in a field :p ) and smacked a barrier once, but never retired or carried any bad damage.

Still have a lot to work to do on pace however :)

Here's my stage replays if anyone's interrested: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26332487/Replays.7z. Pretty much uneventful I guess, I was being damn careful all the way!

Whoa, nice one Rick. I guess I will start to treat you as my benchmark in S2, seeing how close were out times when I wasn't crashing around :). Ozzies took the top spots on the podium by a storm, nice one guys.

Senad, seems like some excel-gremlins spoiled you "car" column a bit ;).

LOL, sleepy, hadn't noticed. Will update.

Oh!!! me first from the bottom order :(

Do I still stand a chance to send the replay for the video or gone?? :p

Yes, send away. But I will start and finish it soon, so don't wait too long.

WHAT????????????????????? guess this really shows that you need to be finishing every stage with minimal mistakes before you worry about being the fastest. You shouldn't be going for the "Rodney Marsh" award;) (that will only mean something to the Aussies, lol.

Here's something I've been messing about with, it's still experimental at this stage, but it's a graphical representation of the rally (well, the Euro session in this case):

What is your system for parsing the results? I think there could be a lot of value in a system that automatically parses and combines all results from all sessions, outputting the spreadsheet that is done manually per rally, as well as the results in a form that can be consumed by the RD rankings.

I am pretty short on time lately, but would be willing to help on projects like these, assuming its not VB :)

What is your system for parsing the results? I think there could be a lot of value in a system that automatically parses and combines all results from all sessions, outputting the spreadsheet that is done manually per rally, as well as the results in a form that can be consumed by the RD rankings.

I am pretty short on time lately, but would be willing to help on projects like these, assuming its not VB :)

Not really that much manual labour that can be avoided. Copy and paste the times, copy and paste the names, sort, and that's about it.

I guess the formatting, and calculating the differences could be automated, but it's a couple of seconds anyway.

For me pretty crappy rally. I simply couldn't find my way to drive this Honda. One DNF on slippery surface got too much oversteer BANG hit the tree on the outside and killed the engine.

Rest - pathetic fight to stay on the road spoiled by few spins or visit on grass. BTW best way to get out of the grass was to drive backwards in reverse :)
I got very angry on the last SS when I spun tried to reverse and hang up I switched to outside view and I was only with rear wheels on grass and front on gravel but I couldn't go on with own force needed CFH 50 m from finish.
Hope more luck at RDRC.

Really regretting my errors as this could have been a fine result without them. Next time.

I actually enjoyed driving the little thing. I play with a PS2 controller and found it fairly easy to drive and point with the handbrake-although there was ungodly understeer if you pushed too hard..

Wow, another great turnout with 25 drivers, looking promising for a fun 2011 in the Rally Club if this continues. :thumb:

Congratulations Rick, proving that good clean and fast times across all Stages is the secret, rather than extreme speed mixed with the odd crash.
Well done to Damien, if only you had that setup for the first two Stages hey. :D
Well done also to Terri, on the podium twice in your first two rallys. Here's my "Mr Consistency" crown, I've blotted my copybook now. :present:

I see some rapid improvers coming up too, Kevin is looking very strong, Senad is getting more serious now, and Knut adapting rapidly to a new game (for him). James and Helder are also showing good pace and just need a little more consistency.

I'm glad this car proved reasonably popular, I was worried about it, but with setup adjustment, I think it is a great little mover.

Thanks again to Senad for his tireless work and thanks to all who joined. :thanks::thanks:

Wow again! stepping into the podium :)

though seeing those time I think the word "consistency" can only be applied to "not crashing" if we wan't to win, because even with my consistent stage finish my time wasn't enough if those fast guy didn't failed to finish.

thanks for the congrats guys and for the crown Warren:D

Congrats to Rick and Damien and all of us!

and for the organizers here have a break have a :pizza:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back