Rally - Hill Climb & Sprints Festival- Monday 5th & Tuesday 6th September 2011

Warren Dawes

Premium
Hill Climb & Sprints Festival

Mon 5th & Tues 6th September 2011

PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2011 UPDATE 06 IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT

Update 07 has now been released, drivers are advised to install this Update.

F2000 cars on a selection of tarmac Hill Climbs and Sprint Stages

Hillclimb-1.jpg

Sessions: RD Hill Climbs EU / RD Hill Climbs US / RD Hill Climbs OC / RD Hill Climbs EUX / RD Hill Climbs EUZ

NOTE: We may include additional time zone Rallys if requested.

Car Pack: F2000_13_1 ( You may choose any car from this car pack) **

Damage: Reduced

SS01 – Super Stages - Lyon-Gerland (Normal, Good, Day)
SS02 – Hill Climb - Cote d'Arbroz v.1 (Normal, Good, Day)
SS03 – Hill Climb - Joux Verte v.1 (Normal, Good, Day)
SS04 - Hill Climb - Bisanne v.1 (Normal, Good, Day)
SS05 - Ireland - RSI 2 (Normal, Good, Day)
SS06 – Hill Climb - Joux Plane v.1 (Normal, Good, Day)
SS07 – Hill Climb - Bisanne v.2 - (Normal, Good, Day)
SS08 - Hill Climb - Joux Verte v.2 (Normal, Good, Day)
SS09 - Ireland - RSI 3 (Normal, Good, Day)
SS10 – Hill Climb - Joux Verte v.2 (Normal, Good, Day) (NB: Changed)
SS11 – Hill Climb - Bisanne v.3 (Normal, Good, Day)
SS12 - Hill Climb - Joux Verte v.3 (Normal, Good, Day)
SS13 - Super Stages - Pribram S1 (Normal, Good, Day)
SS14 – Super Stages - Pribram S2 (Normal, Good, Day)
SS15 – Super Stages - ROC 2008 - (Normal, Good, Day)

Europe Start: 19:00 GMT Monday *
US Start: 03:00 GMT Tuesday (11:00PM Monday EDST (USA), 9PM Mountain Time) *
Oceania Start: 10:30 GMT Tuesday (QLD,NSW and VIC start time 8:30PM. ) *
EUX Start: 17:00 GMT Tuesday *
EUZ Start: 19:00 GMT Tuesday *

Additional time zone Rallys may be created on request.
If the USA Session drivers prefer a different Start time, please let us know, we can be flexible to suit.

* EU, OC, and US events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. If no one signs up for a listed Session, it will not be created on the Server.
All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

** PLEASE NOTE: You must drive the same car in all Stages

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!

• You will require the RSRBR 2011 mod, ( Update 06 ), in order to participate, please see the installation and Usage thread.

Update 07 has now been released. Installation is recommended.

• You will also require the F2000_13_1 Car pack.

• Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.

IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2011 Name)
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines and links to help you get up and running: Here

Drivers:

Please Note: You may choose any car from the F2000_13_1 Pack.

1. Roy Magnes (Roy Magnes) - EU
  2. Norman Biscuits (got_biscuits) - EU
  3. Teemu Toikka (tesnaukki) - EU
  4. Mick Aspinall (Aspy) - EU
  5. Jeff Brown (Tralic) - EU
  6. Ole Marius Myrvold (Ole Myrvold) - EU
  7. Niko Puntola (nikopdr) - EU
  8. Mark Birney (Sparky245) - EU
  9. Paul Newton (iam27paul) - EU
  10. Simone Demi (simonedemi) - EU
  11. Sebastien Levret (Mayland) - EU
  12. Magnar Haarstadsveen (magnar) - EU
  13. Jack Hintz (metalshredder7) - OC
  14. Tremayne Upson (trezza) - OC
  15. Michael Hammond (Mike80) - OC
  16. Warren Dawes (WAD53) - OC ---- Provisional
  17. Damien Jones (DJones) - OC
  18. Tero Leppanen (Cloudy) - EU
  19. Viesturs Priede (Viesturs Priede) - EUX
  20. Jonathan Johansson (hompe) - EUX
  21. Ondřej Kapal (OKapal) - EUZ
  22. Mark Johnston (madmonkey) - EU

Results here

Our next Rally is open for sign-up.

We are trying something very different this time, to provide some variation to our traditional Club Rallys. This one is again based (loosely) on recommendations from Norman (yes, of Grim Reaper fame
reaper.gif
).
I've tried to combine a Car Class and Set of Stages around two ideas from Norman, to run some F2000 cars and to hold an Event comprised of Hill Climbs and Super Stage Sprints. Norman originally suggested a series of Stages based around mostly BTB Tracks, but given recent comments from a couple of drivers who can't run BTB Stages, I have avoided them in favour of standard RSRBR Tracks. Norman, I've tried my best to maintain your theme though, hope you don't mind.

These cars are all lower powered FWD cars, but are nimble enough to work well with these tight little sprint Stages.

All Stages are tarmac, but most are very tight and twisty, so you will be working hard over short little Stages. Most Stages are less than 2.5 mins, so we have a lot more of them.
Please note: The Hill Climb Stages do not have Pacenotes, but we have run them (as part of main France Stages) enough to remember them hopefully.

We are most fortunate to have a very good weather forecast for the Event, so the crowds should be big.

DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES:

1. The cars are all fairly evenly balanced regarding performance, FWD, low powered, and should be fairly stable and easy to drive. Just check the Brake bias though. Many of the Stages are very tight and twisty.

2. RBR Pacenotes (where available) are designed for default cars, Normal conditions and Good weather. Please remember to adjust your speeds to suit these cars.

3. Tyre selections are the drivers responsibility. If you use the automatic tyre selection option in RSRBR2011, please beware that sometimes it may give you the wrong tyre for the conditions. Always double check your tyres, it is critical.

If requests are made for any additional timezones, or changes to Start times to better suit your local needs, we will try to include them ( but within the Monday/Tuesday periods).

Good luck all, I hope you enjoy this very different concept. :rally: :signup:

Big thanks to Damien for the nifty Banner. :thanks:

Roy Magnes - Roy Magnes - EU

I love how Norman has come up with a plan over these short sprints before Ole Marius, who I remember suggested a similar rally a while back :tongue:

The F2000_13_1 Fiesta and Corolla appear very different in game from those pictured in RSCenter. Does this mean these cars are using the physics of those pictured and lack a 3D model?

Has anyone any idea how long it's going to take to run these 15 stages allowing for the intervals in between stages ??

I guess about 30 mins of driving, 15 mins waiting to Start SS1, plus however long you like to leave between stages.
You should be able to run them in about 60 mins, if you run them consectutively without waiting between stages.

The F2000_13_1 Fiesta and Corolla appear very different in game from those pictured in RSCenter. Does this mean these cars are using the physics of those pictured and lack a 3D model?

Best to test them yourself, but the pictures are usually not reliable. I know the Corolla is not the model pictured, it is the later model WRC body, but the car performs like a low powered FWD car. I won't guarantee that the physics are accurate F2000, but they are aimed to be, whilst trying to keep all the cars in the Pack closely matched. I think the Corolla pictured was actually a RWD car, so probably the physics won't match the pictured car either. The Fiesta may be similar though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back