Rally - Hi Sierra - Monday 3rd & Tuesday 4th October 2011

SS1: I crashed at least 10 times, only thing working in the car by the end was the gearbox.

SS2: lots of under steer, crashed on 3 of first 5 corners, couldn't bring myself to nurse the piece of crap through the rest of the stage with a bunch of broken parts and retired.

SS3: hit small twig on first corner that was VERY solid, broke gearbox and got stuck in gear 2. Had nice senic tour of the rest of the stage.

SS4: Was going well until I hit a tree and all the oil went away. Retired.

SS5: Spun twice, this car seems to randomly veer off the left or the right under braking.

SS6: Hit Tree oil pressure gone. Retired

SS7: Was going well for a stage I hadn't driven before until I went off and had to CFH on second to last corner.

SS8: Went well, still cant figure out why his car does such crazy things under braking, but by the end I seemed to have it mostly under control.

I thought I raced well, extremely disappointed that I hit a small tree on prospect ridge and retired from the race, I was one route for a very fast time, but unfortunately got the worst for the stage. Besides that and one spin out I didn't make large mistakes enough to really loose a lot of time. UGG, another rally that I fail to finish all the races, I know the 4mins is going to make a huge difference in this talented group. As well as driving default setup :tongue:... OVERALL Great fun and look forward to the RDRC next week.

It was good fun in the EUX session but I don't think I was ever quicker than third fastest - had my fair share of minor offs and on the Rally School I ended up on my roof - they say there's a first time for everything.:redface:

Enjoyed the event - thanks to Warren for the setups/event organisation and to the other guys that ran in the EUX session - most enjoyable :)

Pete

Just a note about start times Warren.

EUX Start: 18:00 GMT Monday-there should have been a session starting at 19:00 BST, but it was scheduled to start at 20:00 BST

Oceania Start: 09:30 GMT Tuesday-this should start at 10.30 BST, but starts at 11.30 in RSCenter

Bit of a pain, cos I could have stayed in bed a bit longer lol.

Well that turned out garbage for me.
SS1 retired because I was eating dinner and missed the start time
SS2 clutch broke, retired
SS3 rolled it, brakes gone, retired
SS4-SS8 made it to the end but with fairly garbage times due to mistakes

BAH!

What can I say? so very happy that it is over.
Understeering + First rally since getting my old wheel working with RBR again.... hell.
was quite spectacular for a majority of the rally crash wise, really wish I could afford a decent wheel + pedals >_>

also a tiny bit scared that I beat Rick O_o

After all of the negative comments about the car, I was a bit worried for this one. But overall, I was quite happy with it, once I realised how to drive it more safely.
I was probably too slow, but didn't have too many offs this time.

I experienced the understeer issue in the first couple of stages :eek: , but I figured that the car handling wasn't the main cause of the understeer, I was just going into turns too quickly. It seemed to me that this car was actually quicker than I thought it was, so I started braking earlier than normal to keep the car more under control. It felt like I was going slow, but after looking at the times, they were reasonably close to my normal times in some other cars. So, my guess is that the Sierra was getting up to some high speeds but it didn't feel like it. So, I eventually started driving it more carefully and it seemed to pay off. :cool:

The only bad boo boo was on Mustaselka (as usual :rolleyes: ) when I slapped a tree over the high speed bouncy section, spinning around 180 deg. I recovered, expecting to hear the dreaded overheat warning, but the car continued on without further problem.

Apart from a few excursions off track, most stages went ok ish. I probably took things too carefully though.

Rick and I were having a battle royal, swapping stage wins, until Rick had a couple of crashes in Prospect Ridge (where he is always very quick too). Nice result for Keegs again and also Damien who came good once we got onto gravel.

Thanks to all the guys in our session, most on TS again too. :D

EUX Start: 18:00 GMT Monday-there should have been a session starting at 19:00 BST, but it was scheduled to start at 20:00 BST

Oceania Start: 09:30 GMT Tuesday-this should start at 10.30 BST, but starts at 11.30 in RSCenter

For Tim:

Here is the Timezone Converter that I use, it has never failed me yet:

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

There was both a 19 and a 20 BST session, check the rallyesim list.

9:30 GMT = 10:30 BST = 11:30 CEST. Rallyesim uses CEST, so 11:30 in RSCenter is correct?

EDIT: ah, already sorted above :)

A right royal epic fail. Managed to hit the spectators right at the end of SS1, and killed the car at the same time. I had to retire with the car sitting 2mm from the finish line

Multiple retirements later I quit after SS8 in shame and depression, though I did enjoy the snow stages. Although I did screw up the rally school stage.

I found the Sierra is really into damage, two slight touches of barriers and rear suspension is out, makes the car undriveable, second stage I made a mistake, hit a tree and engine died

the same story happen at SS3, but it was amazing feeling of the snow :)

The scenery of Rally School in snow mod is just awesome... It has some special atmosphere, I started to think about Christmas thanks to that :D

I also have different experience of the car than Warren has, oversteer everywhere :)

USA went well, it was quite fast, but kilometer before the finish, in that high speed sector, I oversteered and spun, went over the roof few times, but I made it to the end... Tanner I have mistaken pacenotes and after 200m I crashed

Thanks Warren for setting this up! :)

Rally results

Overall Rally Results

Congrats Sebastien, Warren and Nigel :trophy:

Stage wins:
Sebastien Levret: 4 stage wins :star::star::star::star:
Warren Dawes: 1 stage win :star:
Nigel Atkins: 1 stage win :star:
Roy Magnes: 1 stage win :star:
Jeff Feaker: 1 stage win :star:

Thanks to everyone who joined, and thanks to Warren for setting it up. :rally:

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back