Rally - Hi Sierra - Monday 3rd & Tuesday 4th October 2011

how do you change skins? i can`t see a sierra in the list. and how go you remove the light pod from the bonnet?

All the needed files are included with the car, but unfortunately all the instructions were written in Spannish (I think).

Go to Richard Burns Rally\Cars\FORD_SIERRA_RS

1. To swap the skins, there are two texture folders:
textures - That is the default one (Q8)
textures_marlboro - The marlboro one.

Just swap the folders around by renaming them. If you want the marlboro one, rename it to textures, after renaming textures to textures_Q8

2. To remove the light ramp from the bonnet, you need to swap the two .ini files: SIERRA_RS.ini and SIERRA_RS_settings.ini for the appropriate ones in the provided folders. There are 6 options provided with different variations of lights, ramps, etc.

I think the one I used was 4 faros pequeños. Inside each folder there are the two .ini files which determine which configuration will be used. Just copy the .ini files you want to the main FORD_SIERRA_RS folder and over write the existing ones.

It's explained further in the file 4_faros.txt and the Manual de instrucciones.pdf file, but you'll need to translate it.

Hope that is clear as mud. :)

I return! I've been battling hay fever for a fortnight (yes hay fever I get it BAD) and the week before that I had some virus so I have just been feeling too crap to play any RBR lately. But I'll join in on this one.

Tremayne Upson - (trezza) - OC

Joined the session at the last moment and without any idea how the car is driving. I didnt even knew the stages before I joined it. And of course I was using default setup.

At first stage I suffered from extreme understeer, that was insane. I was pretty sure its going to take me out at some point. Although I just spun few times, nothing big but lost time, of course.

Second stage was awful, the worst stage in the rally for me. I hate that track, really. Well, I holed the radiator at the end of first split. So I was going a bit slower to save the engine. But I didnt succeed. Had few other crashes and spins and then, at the 3rd split the engine stopped.. Not sure how many km`s before the finish but it just died. I thought - here my rally stops. Well, it did stop but I got extremely lucky and I managed to finish the stage. With really bad time, but at least not a retirement. The car just didnt stop when the engine died and I managed to keep the speed (was a little downhill there).. Well, my rally was ended with that so I had nothing to lose.

Third stage was almost OK. Went off road where I spun and later that stage I managed to crash. Otherwise it was fine.

Fourth stage is one of the stages I really hate but snow made it fun. Sadly before the hairpin I kinda spun and went into people. That really ruined my mood and I started to do even more mistakes. Well, in this stage I lost many seconds because of the stupid people :p

Fifth stage was just disasters for me. I spun 3 (!!) times.. In such a short stage it was sick.. I lost way too many seconds on this stage. As I really like the stage I was pretty pissed after doing so many mistakes.

Sixth stage - finally an OK stage. Of course there were few mistakes and I could do better than that but it was still nice. Didnt crash out or call for help.. :)

In Seventh stage I had a huge off road after which I hit a tree real heavy. That wasnt a really good way to earn time but still, I think this was one of the stages I managed to win in my session.

Eighth stage was really slow with many mistakes. THere werent huge mistakes but still there were many of them. Still I think I managed to win this stage in EUX session.

It was really great fun. The understeer suprised me and no practices at all made it really difficult to drive but... that was fun. Especially thanks toErik Ljung and Tero Leppanen. It was close at some stages :) Sadly I fu*ked up everything at stage 2 and stage 4.

Thanks for the rally :)

I really hate the behavior of this car (with the default setup)

I made nice times on tarmac.
Roy was the man of Mustaselka, with my problem of bump, I can not go as fast as I would, Roy won this stage. He defeat me on my lands...
SS4 : I thought that I made a good time but Roy and Nigel was very fast to on this stage. Less than 3s behind us.
SS6 : I did more than 3 mistakes and I went 3 times outside the track. This stage is very difficult with this car... I lost around 20s.
SS7: quiet a good time
SS8: again some difficulties with this car.

Did someone had a setup for this car ? I am interresting to see if it is possible to correct the behavior of this car.

The car? In one word: unpredictable. In music: Inside, outside, upside down. On the stages:

Okay on the asphalt stages, span on them, but did not loose too much time on it.
Won Mustaselka in the session, goal fullfilled - beat Seb on at least one stage :wink:
Did okay on the snow stages, but Nigel was attacking.
Lost my lead over Nigel (Seb was already 30 seconds ahead) on the penultimate stage where I rolled heavily, and my all out-attack of SS8 was too slow and Nigel finished ahead of me.

Well done gents! The car was understeered, oversteered and then understeered in every single corner, making it a challenge indeed.

The car? In one word: unpredictable. In music: Inside, outside, upside down. On the stages:

Okay on the asphalt stages, span on them, but did not loose too much time on it.
Won Mustaselka in the session, goal fullfilled - beat Seb on at least one stage :wink:
Did okay on the snow stages, but Nigel was attacking.
Lost my lead over Nigel (Seb was already 30 seconds ahead) on the penultimate stage where I rolled heavily, and my all out-attack of SS8 was too slow and Nigel finished ahead of me.

Well done gents! The car was understeered, oversteered and then understeered in every single corner, making it a challenge indeed.

I am not the only one that think that this car is strange. :tongue:

Did someone had a setup for this car ? I am interresting to see if it is possible to correct the behavior of this car.

this is what i use to make setups http://www.racedepartment.com/rbr-setups/57958-good-base-settings-all-cars-all-surfaces.html

only 3 in the EU season, but as it was Seb, Roy and myself i new it would be good fun :D

2 off`s in both the French stages gave Seb a huge lead, had to dodge round a tree at Mustaselka & clipped the 1st bridge at Falstone. then things improved and i set the next 2 fastest times to bring me less than 1 sec to Roy and a resonable run at Tanner folowed by a stage win at Greenhills and i finished just infront of Roy and 30 secs behind Seb.

Really pleased with my result as i had very little practice, manythanks to Warren for setting it up :D

I am not the only one that think that this car is strange. :tongue:

Yeah. I adjusted my car to be continous understeered, that way I at least had some reference to what I could expect :tongue:
Tough car to drive really fast with, as seen on most of the EU-times. We were quite close on most of the stages, even with spins and rolls and anything :tongue:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back