Rally - Group N Team Challenge - Mon 26th & Tues 27th July 2010

That was fun. My head looked like a paint mixing machine on occasions, thanks to a medical issue I deal with, but all in all had a blast.

Tried to join TS but couldn't get the mic to work. Had fun morse coding though :p Was nice to put voices to names too.

Only had one retirement, Noiker. I was running 4th at the 1st split and then understeered wide, hit a tree and jammed in 3rd and lost brakes. Eventually it just ground to a halt.

Other than that I played safe and drove a mitsubishi, originally planning to drive the scooby. No practice of any sort other than 2 stages last thursday.

Warren and Senad, great job organising things !!

Lads, please send replays :) elmomarty@bigpond.com

Cheers

That was a lot of fun. We had quite a crowd in the Oceania Rally, and a lot on TS as well. We had some fun with the guys on TS who had no microphone, using a sort of morse code communication loool. It's great when guys can listen but not argue back. :wink:

Some great racing tonight, lots of really close times, but Eddie was the standout in our group, putting in a few sensational times (compared to us at least). Well done Eddie, don't know how you went so fast.

I had a fairly clean run, only a few small spins and mishaps but no major car damage. Looked like a tidy team effort from Oceania to me, well done Team. :)

Thanks to all who joined this Rally, our best turnout so far I think.

Huge thanks again to Senad for his Server and results work (he has even more to do this time, working out a Team Result :wink: ).
Thanks also to Damien for the Rally Poster.

Look forward to more next week. :rally::ups:

EDIT: I kept my replays this time John, I'll send them tomorrow.

Overall Rally Results

20100726rdrallyrdgrpnch.png

Congrats to Sebastien, Eddie and Rick. No stage win monopoly for Sebastien this time, but still quite a margin to 2nd.
Jakub started brilliantly, best times in the first two stages, too bad about the issues later.
Great first rally here for Pedro, quite fast and consistent, congrats :).
David had good times as well, the Australian stages prevented him from being higher up.

Both Noiker and Mineshaft took out a quarter of the field. Other than those two tough stages, not much red ink elsewhere, good to see.
Easy cars to drive, and very fun :). Great choice of stages too, loved every minute of it.

I just noticed that Steve was the only one who went for a Škoda, everyone else in the Impreza or Evo :D.

Sebastien Levret: 3 stage wins :star::star::star:
Eddie Mann: 3 stage wins :star::star::star:
Jakub Sulej: 2 stage wins :star::star:

Great fun overall, thank you Warren for organizing the rally, can't wait for the next one :). Actually, I can, since I know what surface it will be on :mad: :D

Click on the attached thumbnail for a better view.

Attachments

• 20100726rdrallyrdgrpnch.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 651
Wow, I know that i do a great SS6, during the event but not a so good time. Clear pace and good handbraking. For the over stage, the times are very close, I was concentrate to make these times. I think that I didn't push my cars to it last possibilities because I thought that i did a good time at the SS4 but Eddie and Rick are very very fast.

Overall Team Results

EU vs OC
710 : 787​

I apologize for the choice of colours :D. Went for the darkgreen - olive combo that Warren uses in the signup posts, but it doesn't look too good here...

Congrats Oceania. Bigger percentage of fast drivers in there, so it was expected, I think :)

EDIT: went for a different scoring system, doesn't make any difference here, but makes more sense, I think? In the previous version, if 5 people retired, the points only went up to 14. Here I counted the retirements too, so the first one who finished got 6 points, and the stage winner gets 19 every time.

Great effort on the Team points Senad, no doubt quite a heap of work involved. Thanks mate. :good:

Thanks to my Oceania Team (including one American and one European), good consistent driving there.

Congratulations to Sebastien "Loeb" for another outstanding overall win, and well done to Eddie and Rick.
Eddie, you keep knocking on the door for your first win, it can't be far away. :pray:

I hope everyone enjoyed the Team Challenge, something different, and pretty close too. :cool:

We may run another one later in the year as I look for variation in these Rally Club Events.

Now to dream up next weeks sadistic tests for us all. Methinks it may be time for a Tarmac Rally, even though these are not my favourites. :rolleyes:

Congrats Lee :p :D. And I completely agree there. I was in that Race 07 Clio event yesterday, and even though those cars are fun to chuck around a circuit, it just wasn't nearly as much fun as this.

Thanks for the results, nice and quick :)

Raising difficulty level of those events is really taunting me, looks like it's time to practice rallying more, too much rFactor lately ;). This time I only managed to launch RSCenter @18:50GMT, so not much of a training here. But overall I'm really content with how it all played out.

Had a really difficult time on Finnish stages. I really, really, REALLY don't quite like those non-snow-snow banks. Also the grip level surprised me. I'm quite sure that Czech physics are more grippy, it was interesting and required quite a change of the driving style. Since I was going "blind" starting in other countries I was cautious too and the grip seemed similarly lower than what I was used to. Which I find refreshing and really positive, always thought that all those fastest guys using Czech plugin are going unrealistically fast ;).

I had quite a scare on Chirdonhead, while going downhill towards the right hander with a rut on the inside, suddenly my screen went black (caused by the HDMI switch I'm using acting up). Luckily I was able to pause and not crash, but I could feel the blood pressure rising.

Screwed up badly only twice, both times @East-West IIRC. One roll ended on the side (CFH, 25s out the window), and one half-spin ended perpendicullaly to the track. I was "only" about a minute off the podium, so it gives me some hope for the future :).

EDIT: Aaaah, I forgot about overshooting both right-handed junctions on Chirdonhead. Was braking with Czech grip in mind, din't end too good, always two-three car lenghts in the wrong direction :)

All in all it was great fun, thanks to Warren and Senad. See you again on the stages soon.

I need to have more practice with RBR as i,m really slow at the moment but had fun anyway. Was driving very conservative as every corner was an unknown to me but still have managed to roll a few times lol. On ss4 the game crashed so no time set. And i wasn't last so some sort of success for me.
Well done to all and see you next time.

Very nice stages indeed,too bad i was knowng well only 2 and a little bit Mineshaft.Anyway,for a first event to me and a game played only 5-6 hours in total in my life,it's quite good.On Mineshaft were 4 90degrees corners and 3 of them i tooked in the wrong direction.Like when i should turn left,i turned right and than turn agan on the good road,very fun and entertainment game,also one of the best simulators.Isn't even close to the easy driving from Simbin games. Thank you guys,cya next Events.

Was a good, fun rally. These cars are a blast, and whilst not up there in outright speed, if you get a stage right, you feel like you've REALLY got it right.

Wasn't overly quick (but then, those in the OC session, no one was quick compared to Eddie), but compared to previous performances, I was more consistent. Went with a "steady" approach, instead of wringing the neck of the Evo.
The handbrake got a fair old workout too, I would imagine the pit crew were re-tightening the cables after every stage, and are looking at running an hyraulic one if I ever put my fat ass in another Evo:wink:.
Was cranking it for any corner that was medium or sharper. Resulted in some awesome angles!

Congrats to Seb for the overall win, and team Warren for our team win. Good work fellas.

Thanks to Senad and Warren for setting it all up.

P.S - Tarmac ey. Not a front wheel drive Russian wonder car by any chance, Warren?? :tongue:

Attachments

• yugo2.jpg
    yugo2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 265
What a great rally, thank you Senad and Warren.

These cars seem so stable, but still require skill to get around quickly and cleanly. At first I thought my pedals had done there usual trick of recalibrating themselves so the throttle only reached 90% and the brake was always on, but then I realised it was the car. I really couldn't get my braking points sorted for most corners and found myself either braking AND turning in WAAAAAYYYYY too early or missing it completely, trying to find the sweet spot.

After SS3 I was aiming for 5th place, by the end of SS6 I was hoping to retain 6th. To my surprise, I ended 5th in the OC run! A great event and the team challenge certainly added some motivation.

I ended up REALLY enjoying the cars, but still hoping for some WRC love soon (not on tarmac though! ;-) )

Thanks again everyone, especially to John, who has caused the tune from 'Elmo's World' to rattle around in my brain all day...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 495 39.1%