Rally - Group N Team Challenge 3 - Monday 25th & Tuesday 26th July 2011

Warren Dawes

Premium
” Group N Team Challenge 3”

Europe vs Oceania & America

Mon 25th & Tues 26th July 2011

PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2011 UPDATE 06 IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT

A Team Challenge with Stages across a wide selection of Countries and Surfaces, driving selected Group N cars (N4_1 and N4_2).

GrN-Challenge.jpg

Sessions: RD Team Challenge 3 EU / RD Team Challenge 3 US / RD Team Challenge 3 OC

NOTE: We may include additional timezone Rallys if requested.

Car Pack: N4_1 & N4_2 (Please choose any car from these Packs EXCEPT Lancia Delta Integrale, Renault 5 GT Turbo, or Skoda Octavia.) **

Damage: Reduced

SS01 – Finland - Autiovaara II (Normal, Damp, Day)
SS02 – England - Falstone II - Normal, Bad, Day)
SS03 - Australia - East-West (Normal, Med Fog, Day)
SS04 - Japan - Pirka Minoko (Mix Mod, Damp, Day)
SS05 – USA - Prospect Ridge (Normal, Bad, Day)
SS06 - Finland - Sikakama II (Gravel Mod, Cloudy, Day)
SS07 - France - Joux Plane (Normal, Good, Night)
SS08 – France - Joux Verte (Monte Carlo Mod, Good, Day)

Europe Start: 19:00 GMT Monday *
US Start: 03:00 GMT Tuesday (11PM EDST (USA), 9PM Mountain Time) *
Oceania Start: 10:30 GMT Tuesday (QLD,NSW and VIC start time 8:30PM. ) *

Additional time zone Rallys may be created on request.
If the USA Session drivers prefer a different Start time, please let us know, we can be flexible to suit.

* EU, OC, and US events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. If no one signs up for a listed Session, it will not be created on the Server.
All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

** PLEASE NOTE: You must drive the same car in all Stages

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2011 mod, ( Update 06 ), in order to participate, please see the installation and Usage thread.
  • You will also require the N4_1 and the N4_2 Car packs.
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.

IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2011 Name)
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines and links to help you get up and running: Here

Drivers:

Please Note:

1. Please nominate which Team you will drive for – Europe or Oceania / America.
Team choice is independent of which timezone Rally you join.

2. You must choose a car from those nominated (refer to the main post) in the the N4_1 or N4_2 Car Packs.

Team Europe

1. Hubert Smolders (speedthrill) - EU
  2. Roy Magnes (Roy Magnes) - EU
  3. Norman Biscuits (got_biscuits) - EU
  4. Ondrej Kapal (OKapal) - EU
  5. Pete Mull (SilverRallier) - EU
  6. Daniel Tønsberg (Xull) - EU
  7. Sebastien Levret (Mayland) - EU
  8. Nigel Atkins - Marmiteman - EU
  9. Simone Demi (simonedemi) - EU
  10. Mark Birney (Sparky245) - EU
  11. James Hersey (jhersey) - EU
  12. Ian Bundell (ian_isnt) - EU
  13. Mick Aspinall (Aspy) - EU
  14. Mark Johnston (Madmonkey) - EU
  15. Lee Palmer (mrtk56) - OC
  16. Miikka Peltola (Q2fin) - EU
  17. Driver

Team Oceania / America

1. Warren Dawes (WAD53) - OC
  2. J.P. Sutphin-BlackFriday-US
  3. Jeremy Loveland (Wol-Gran) - OC
  4. Nigel Roberts (T-Man88) - OC
  5. Kenya Coleman (Big Carolina) - EU
  6. Aaron DeMarre (smokee) - US
  7. Corey Twyman (theFlash) - US
  8. Dariusz Swiderski (swider) - EU
  9. William Tringas (patches13) - OC
  10. Chris Williamson (Kurisu166) - OC
  11. Michael Hammond (Mike80) - OC
  12. Senad Subasic (mfodor) - OC
  13. Keegan Buckley (kbuckley) - OC
  14. Ashok Revanna (tantragna) - OC
  15. Driver
  16. Driver

Our next Rally is open for sign-up.

It’s time to revisit our friendly TEAM CHALLENGE again. We have run this Event twice previously, with the Oceania / America Team taking both wins. It seems a good idea to hold this Challenge every 6 months (approx), and now that the European drivers are looking even stronger, maybe it is their turn for revenge. It won't be easy though, the Aussie / Yank crowd is also looking stronger than ever.

We will be driving the traditional Group N cars again, which are well matched and quite stable to drive.

As usual, the Stages cover a very wide range of road surfaces, countries, weather, and time of day, to make it a varied challenge.

The Team Challenge: This is mainly a fun Team Challenge to add some interest (and bragging rights :wink: ). Drivers must nominate for their Team based on their Country (not which timezone Rally they join).
Points will be allocated based on finishing positions in each Stage, plus bonus points for the Overall Result.

Example based on 15 drivers:
P1 = 15 points, P2 = 14 pts, P3 = 13 pts, etc. No points if you don’t finish the Stage.

The same bonus points apply for the overall Rally position.

All drivers score points for their Team, even if one Team has more drivers (the bigger the Team, the better its chances).
However, we hope that we can end up with closely balanced Team numbers, even if a driver or two decides to join the opposition to help out. :cool:

Highest points Team is the winner. :trophy:

Here is a link to our last TEAM CHALLENGE, so you can see how it all works:

http://www.racedepartment.com/rbr-r...lenge-2-mon-6th-tues-7th-december-2010-a.html

If requests are made for any additional timezones, or changes to Start times to better suit your local needs, we will try to include them ( but within the Monday/Tuesday periods).

Good luck all, and hope we see a good roll up to support your international team. :rally: :signup:

I've thrown this Event up much earlier than usual, to allow for the maximum representation for each Team. Don't expect this amount of notice on a regular basis though. :tongue:

Start recruiting, we don't want any feeble excuses this time. National pride is on the line. :)

Looks like team EU is bigger than team US/OC right now. But as I see in the previous team challenge, that did not help mutch at all :tongue:

One question, though - why is the Lancia, Skoda and Renault excluded? The Renault might be a 2WD, but are the others way to powerfull compared to the others? I have not tested any of these, just curious :)

Looks like team EU is bigger than team US/OC right now. But as I see in the previous team challenge, that did not help mutch at all :tongue:

One question, though - why is the Lancia, Skoda and Renault excluded? The Renault might be a 2WD, but are the others way to powerfull compared to the others? I have not tested any of these, just curious :)

Plenty of time yet for more sign-ups. :wink:

Different reasons for the exclusions:
1. Lancia is too quick by comparison to the others.
2. The Grp N Skoda has dreadful handling (in basic default setup) so we are saving drivers from getting caught out.
3. The Renault is 2WD and not comparable with the other Group N cars.

There is still plenty of choice available.

Thanks Warren did a couple stages last night to practice and man that first snow stage is so dam difficult I was struggling to reach 100KM and I recon on average about 75kms is that normal? or am I on slicks :). I drift in and out of RBR every year but I must say the latest update has me totally hooked again but I was wondering is it possible to actually select the tyres in the setup or are they automatically chosen for the stage selected? stuffed if I could see where to select them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back