Rally - Group N Challenge Mk2 USA- Wed 5th May 2010 - Rescheduled

Group N Challenge: Mitsubishi EVO9 vs Subaru N12

POSTPONED UNTIL WEDNESDAY 5TH MAY

lancer-vs-impreza.jpg

Sessions: RD Group N Challenge OC / RD Group N Challenge EU / RD Group N Challenge US

Car Pack: N4_1 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9 / N4_2 Subaru Impreza N12

Damage: Reduced

Stage 01: US - Fraizer Wells [Normal, Good, Day]
Stage 02: US – Prospect Ridge [Normal, Damp, Day]
Stage 03: US – Diamond Creek [Normal, Good, Day]
Stage 04: US – Hualapai Nation II [Normal, Damp, Day]
Stage 05: US – Fraizer Wells II [Normal, Good, Day]
Stage 06: US – Prospect Ridge III [Normal, Good, Day]
Stage 07: US – Diamond Creek II [Normal, Damp, Day]
Stage 08: US – Hualapai Nation [Snow, Good, Day]

Oceania Start: 11:00 GMT *
Europe Start: 19:00 GMT *
US Start: 02:00 GMT Thursday (10:00pm EDST (USA) Wednesday)*

NOTE: The Europe Rally will start 19.00 GMT to allow for new daylight savings times.

* EU, OC, and US events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2010 (update 03) mod in order to participate, please see the installation and usage threads.
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.
  • Choose either the Lancer Evo 9 from N4_1 or the Subaru N12 from N4_2
IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2010 Name)
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines to help you get up and running: Here and Here

Please nominate which car / team you intend to drive with.
Try to mix up the field if possible.

Drivers:

1. Mark Jarvis (Mark Jarvis) - Europe -Mitsubishi Evo 9
  2. Łukasz Demolin (Maggot666PL) - Europe - Subaru Impreza N12
  3. Mark A Warmington (Mark Warmington) - Europe - Mitsubishi Evo 9
  4. Tomas Reinicke (ctbr) - - Europe - Mitsubishi Evo 9
  5. Warren Dawes (WAD53) - Oceania - Subaru Impreza N12
  6. Damien Jones (DJones) - Oceania - Subaru Impreza N12
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver

...Saved for results...

Sorry this one is so late drivers but with Warren away it has fallen to my slack self to organise this rally. We are sticking with the Group N theme and visiting the US with only slight variations in stage conditions.

Normal sign up procedures etc...

Hi,

Im up for this but looks as If Im the only one right now.... If no one else joins the I wont turn up for obvious reasons!!

RD Name: Mark Jarvis
RBR Name: Mark Jarvis
I will try the EVO 9 this time :)
Euro Time please.

Thanks,

Mark

Well guys, we have one sign up and a maybe... I'll postpone this one until next Wednesday 5th May.

Sorry I didn't post this earlier, spread the word that it is on though please.

I've just finished installing RSRBR for the first time (I'm a Czech plugin myself, have yet to grasp the online and physics yet), but I think I'll be able to enter the competition. I'd like it on Thursday or weekend better, but I will just have to wrap my work up faster.

I'll pick my car after some tests later this weekend.

As luck would have it, I am home for a few days before heading off again, so I can join this one. I'll try the Suby this time for a change and to balance things a bit.

RD Name: Warren Dawes
RBR Name: WAD53
Subaru Impreza N12
Oceania Timezone

Uhm!! Where are the other Aussie guys though??? :confused:

The Aussie Rally is done and dusted, but with only two Aussies representing Team Subaru.
Yet another epic battle with Damien, both of us only a few seconds apart for almost the whole Rally, but this time it was my turn to make a hash of the final snow stage. I pulled off a monumental barrell roll in Stage 4, but somehow dragged the Suby to the finish. All other stages went ok until the final run through the snow, when I hit a tiny tree which somehow killed the gearbox and locked it in 1st gear, for most of the Stage. It got very boring trundling around in first along such a high speed Stage, but the poor Suby miraculously crawled to the end.

Well done to Damien for another good Rally, and thanks again for the TS chats, it adds a lot to our fun. :D

Yep, another close battle tonight, often down to 10ths of a second between us. Really good fun as it keeps you pushing on the whole time. Managed to find a pretty good rhythm tonight, had great fun getting it sideways through the long sweeping US bends. Only 2 bits of bad luck; wiped out a gaggle of spectators foolishly standing on the outside of a bend (when will they learn?!), and got catapulted onto my roof by one of the deep potholes . . . watch out for those, they'll get you!

RichardBurnsRally_SSE-2010-05-06-00-24-20-60.jpg

Um... :D... I didn't manage to turn a wheel for a single second of pre-event practice (not good). So I fully expect to barrel roll in the first 20 seconds of the EU event tonight.
The same for me, but I managed to clear the first stage, but then :frown:

I have trained for another event, Skoda S2000 on tarmac, and planned to test the Evo this evening but then we had burglers in the house....so no training and no car control :tongue:

Well better luck next time

Burglers... Hope no-one was injured (unless it was the burglers :mad:)...

Just finished the event and I have to say it was my favourite of all the events we have run thus far. I decided to be conservative and just lift early and stay with the pace notes. No flat-out stuff and no practice seems to have yielded me my best finish yet (think I won EU). I had three major-ish offs when I couldn't quite make out which side of the trees the road was going to follow. Also was going well on the sandy snow until I had an off at the final turn of the stage.

Thanks for organising the event... Looking forward to the next one. (don't think I'll practice for that either).

NB - would love to run some event using cars from the 70's if there are any in the mod.

I apologise for not showing up on time, I have yet to fully grasp the RSRBR client (it looks like fun though), I'm too much used to the Czech plugin. It was real fun though, despite the fact that I rolled (I always remember this right-hander over giant crest, except the very moment I turn into it...), then crashed and destroyed my gearbox on the last corner of the SS7, and the spectators had to push me back on the road, as I had completely no torque in reverse whatsoever.

Last stage was extremely interesting - I have done maybe two stages on the snow in the past year or so (and both of them about a month ago, classic Arctic Lapland RBR stages), and I wasn't ready for the snow-covered Hualapai Nation, one of those stages that gives me goosebumps caused by a special mix of fear and joy. I went for a cautious approach and was overjoyed to finish without crashing after few grin-inducing yumps on this flowing and fast stage.

I'm looking forward to the next event, hopefully it won't be held during the worst part of the week for me (which Wed-Thur just happen to be, unfortunately). And I hope I will be there on time, alarms and calendar entries will be set for sure :)

BTW: Is there any way to see the results after exiting the password-protected rally? Either the site is completely unintuitive or there is no such option anywhere...

BTW: Is there any way to see the results after exiting the password-protected rally? Either the site is completely unintuitive or there is no such option anywhere...

Hi Łukasz, glad you had some fun with us, hope you can join us regularly.
You are right though, the RSRBR interface is not overly intuitive and takes some time to find where everything is. It is possible to see the overall results for the Rally you have joined (but only the specific one you joined) before leaving the Server. However, it is not possible after you have left the Server (if it is passworded). Only the person who set up the Rally can see all the results later.
However, I will extract all results for all Stages across all timezone Rally's and publish them here soon. So you will see your times for each Stage compared to all drivers who joined this Rally, including those who drove in a different timezone. It will also show the overall Rally winners and best Stage times.
Give me a few hours to pull it all together, it is a tortuous process since the RSRBR data is not all kept in a suitable format.

Regarding the Race times / days, I would be interested in seeing if there are more suitable days to run these Rally's, especially since we seem to be struggling to get many competitors. I welcome any suggestions for improvement that might attract a few more drivers.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 398 40.0%