Rally - Gr.B vs WRC - RDRC Test - Mon 20th & Tue 21st January 2014

Daniel Monteiro - Daniel Monteiro - Is it possible to get a EU session tomorrow (Monday) at 21 GMT (22:00 in Norway, right? I'll have to get this right at some point!)

And probably group B, since there seemed to be more WRC chosen until now.

Jonatan Åcerclinth - Navitori - EU (or I'll have to ask for another session at another time :redface:) - Gr.B and the Lancia 037

I'll probably be fairly quick in the Snow stages as the 037 is wonderful on that surface but a bit difficult on the Tarmac and gravel due to the RWD :)

Got through SS1 rather safely but felt confident and the time seemed to be also a good result - only a few seconds behind the leader. Was really confused about the textures in SS2 - it was purely tarmac :X Crashed a lot as well as went off the track.. It was terrible, couldnt cope with snow physics and tarmac textures, seemed just wrong. Broke drive shaft and bent suspension early so the driving there was something like with RWD. SS3 should have been the stage for S1 to finally win something but no.. A friend of mine decided to call me and it all went south from there. Few crashes and 100 meters before the finish line I managed to roll over and had to call for help. Not that it changed a lot, my time was screwed already, I think I did 3:12 few months ago with this car at this stage so I didnt even care about that CFH. I dont know SS4 that well so I decided to play safe there. Had some off-roads but all in all it went OK but then - 200 meters before the finish I managed to crash in a classic place - left corner - inside rocks. Killed the oil pump but for the first time I saw that the car dies literary just a few seconds after the oil pump was gone so didnt manage to reach the line and had to retire. Gutted.

SS5 was disasters with this car, fell down the cliff at the very end of that stage and got automatic CFH - another disappointment. And again tarmac textures in SS6.. wtf? Did anyone else faced this or is it just my installation that is broken? :O Actually went good but a stupid camera men didnt get out of my way in time and I had another automatic CFH. Was really angry and made a lot of mistakes in the other half of that stage. Rolled over in SS7 but otherwise it went pretty good, I think. Kept spinning in SS8 and just got really sick of that so I quit - another retirement.

It was fun all in all, I just love the S1 but it requires some preparations before I go on the stage, otherwise I just cant be as quick as I want to as well as consistent. So my rally is again a disaster. But great idea for rally guys, great fun, I loved it and the chance to drive S1. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back